Lt. Commander
Ok am I the only one who thinks that this skill is OP? Now that Reverse shield polarity has been nerfed to shiz... there is no counter and I am sorry but dying over and over again in missions takes away from the whole star trek feel... there should be a way to counter this skill! or at least make the countdown for it far longer! I mean the sovereign class starship was made to take out borg and here I sit with no chance in hell on taking on a cube if it has any spheres or probes around it... If I am just being a noob let me know but I really think that there should be a counter for this skill... if not at least make the cooldown timer on this skill 5 min or what not... just so we actually stand a chance in hell against these cubes solo. just a suggestion. What does everyone else think? It takes away from the overall star trek feel. If there is a counter please share and I am willing to listen.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-09-2010, 03:21 PM
The Borg SHield Neutralizer was not properly planned out when implemented. There is no hard or soft counter skills at all and there are no consoles to to compensate for it. It is simply a cheap way to cripple a player. In PvE, this is not so bad as there is usually only one cube to deal with. In STFs or other maps, this can lead to a quick death because of the usual mob rule in large maps. I find it somewhat irritating that despite the fact that the storyline is supposed to be 40 years after TNG, that there are no ways of hard countering their cheapness. The Borg Boarding party is just as bad as the Tactical Team ability does not remove them after the usual timer expires, leading to more cheapness.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-10-2010, 02:24 AM
I must admit that I want the Borg to seem "tougher", but I don't like shield neutralizer or the tactical team at all.

I guess I just want them to have more shields and hulls, better regeneration capabilities and the ability to fight multiple targets at once (without necessarily being able to use that full firepower against a single ship).
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-11-2010, 12:00 PM
I think the Borg would be better represented as an honest challenge by using engineering teams and other hull heals (using the same cooldown mechanic as players) to increase difficulty rather than simply giving them cheap, unavoidable attacks to break players. This better represents the challenge of the borg anyway. The only thing worse than these two attacks is the stupid "Photonic Duplicate" ability of Reman commanders that ignores personal shields and instagibs all.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-16-2010, 02:38 AM
You can remove the neutralizer debuff with hazzard emmiters...just so you know
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-16-2010, 03:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalnar
You can remove the neutralizer debuff with hazzard emmiters...just so you know
ill have to test this but i do believe that epts removes it too (since its a shield debuff and epts removes shield debuffs)
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-16-2010, 03:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716 View Post
ill have to test this but i do believe that epts removes it too (since its a shield debuff and epts removes shield debuffs)
Emergency Power to Shields doesn't fix it, at least not the last time I tried it. Feel free to test and if it's changed I'd be glad to be wrong!
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-16-2010, 05:48 AM
EptS is part of my standard defense, it doesn't work. But Hazard Emitters does, which is good to know and use. Makes fighting Borgs easier.

If you're a nice person, you can also look out for others - if you see an ally in an instance being focused fire on by a Cube and some other ships and hit by a shield neutralizer, you can save his ship by dropping an Hazard Emitter and a shield heal on him...
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-20-2010, 12:08 PM
Well I can confirm that hazard emitters will remove active instances of this skill, but not prevent new ones.

Also, I thought that there was supposed to be a super raised resistance to hold and root after being held or rooted on the ground, why to the borg still chain hold me every so often?
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-25-2010, 12:36 AM
science team works everytime.

when i go up against cubes i have a sci team at the ready.. 2 cubes 2 teams.