Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Lt. Commander
# 31
06-15-2010, 01:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
No worries. You ever finish that accolade? Which one was it you were going for?
I was trying to get over with "Gamma Orionis Defender" accolade which required me to "defend the block 70 times haha. Got that over with during the weekend so I am moving onto other accolades hehe =P
Lt. Commander
# 32
06-15-2010, 01:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by panthro View Post
not all things lose value the rare the item the more value it has ever collect baseball cards or any othe collectible and since these are virtual items theres no wear and tear like a car or computer
Indeed.

Some model railway items sell for 400+, even though they were less than 100 originally.

And I don't object to Cryptic putting the items in C-Store, just the earliness of it.
Lt. Commander
# 33
06-15-2010, 01:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHappyJoyJoy View Post
When you drive a car off the lot it's immediately worth less. Depreciation is a fact of life, so yes anything you buy now is going to be worth less later on.

As far as the exclusive items not meaning anything, you're ignoring that the people who bought these products very soon now are going to have had five months of exclusive access to these bits and pieces which were offered as small bonuses in retail packages. So by the time this stuff does hit the C-Store they're going to have had half a years access to the stuff (which they got in addition to other things, like game time) and people buying it now will still have to pay for it. I don't think that's at all unreasonable.

As a Lifer I really don't care if the borg captain is sold in the C-Store (or even just given away at this point, as a Veteran Reward or otherwise). I, oddly, have no desire to try and keep things from other people when doing so doesn't deprive me of access to them.
Usually, you apply the term "depreciation" strictly in an accounting sense to place marketable values for companies and individuals to record capital and business assets for bookeepings/financial statements and tax purposes, respectively. I suggest you become more familiar with the term before applying it in your argument.

The idea that these ingame items depreciate is just laughable and Vulcans would agree that it's "illogical." The items should remain exclusive =P
Lt. Commander
# 34
06-15-2010, 03:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDawson View Post

And I don't object to Cryptic putting the items in C-Store, just the earliness of it.

at first i was WTF? i paid extra money on my colectors ed for the sole reason to get some of those "exclusive" items, and now they are just going to offer them to anyone?'

and then i thought, well when do we ever see any of them? grouping in this game outside end game STF or pvp is almost non existant, and most of them only really effect early ranks.

so i guess it boils down to what MGDawson said, its just far to soon, prob should of waited for the 1 year mark or so
Lt. Commander
# 35
06-15-2010, 03:24 AM
finaly i can get tos uniforms,finaly i can tramp out my female toons with miniskirts and fill my fleets with horney men : )
Lt. Commander
# 36
06-15-2010, 04:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pan420
finaly i can get tos uniforms,finaly i can tramp out my female toons with miniskirts and fill my fleets with horney men : )
You can get tos unforms fro free theres a thread about it in the online discussion thread and the khaan uniform too if you google it
Lt. Commander
# 37
06-15-2010, 08:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NzFox
what would happen if Sheridan made an enemy of the federation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9D3jV...eature=related
This is from "Star Wreck" isn't it?
Lt. Commander
# 38
06-15-2010, 08:13 AM
Quote:
You can get tos unforms fro free theres a thread about it in the online discussion thread and the khaan uniform too if you google it
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=142516
Lt. Commander
# 39
06-15-2010, 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHappyJoyJoy View Post
I, oddly, have no desire to try and keep things from other people when doing so doesn't deprive me of access to them.
This is a good reasoning but... I'm just a little ****ed at the earliness of it. They reduced the price VERY early and now they give out these items still marked as "exclusives" on every store only 5 months after release...

I do admit it's a risk betting on digital stuff being exclusive but I think they should respect more their early buyers.

Is the game dying or something?
Lt. Commander
# 40
06-15-2010, 11:19 AM
Quote:
It appears that the 'Wrath of Khan' uniform is being listed as 'Free' in the new C-Store descriptions...
http://www.startrekonline.com/store