Lt. Commander
First of all, with regards to STO pre-order bonuses, it was stated prelaunch that Cryptic might offer these on the C-Store later in the offical FAQ and multiple interviews.

However, my sympathies are with the Champions lifers who were given a more emphatic offer of exclusivity without the fine print, disclaimers or developer communications that owners of the other bonuses had access to.

So here's my suggestion:

Keep the CO Lifer Mirror Universe uniforms exclusive.

But sell the badge, either with a new uniform (the Kirk-style sleeveless look or attached to the normal TOS-style uniforms), by itself or as part of a C-Store combadge pack.

That way, everyone can create a Terran Empire look by blending the TE badge with other, existing uniforms. And the CO lifers keep their exclusive uniforms.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-09-2010, 02:18 PM
I am not opposed to a compromise but I don't necessarily agree with this. If they do this then fine but personally I think they should stick to the original list and let the chips fall where they may.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-09-2010, 02:21 PM
Seriously...the badge isnt the primary argument for the irror universe. its between the head and the legs!
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-09-2010, 02:24 PM
I think that the only significant problem is that the Mirror Universe uniforms, and others, were so late in arriving that the customers are already feeling a bit slighted. Around Season 2 would have been an ideal time to start rolling out some of the pre-order exclusives via the C-Store, but some of these perks have only been available to people for a short time.

Personally I have a pre-order perk and a LTS already, but I have been looking forward to purchasing some of the other perks at the C-Store. It was relatively clear that all, or some, of the perks would become available at some time.

Maybe something modest could be done for those who had pre-order perks that were not available for the first couple months of game play.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-09-2010, 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn1702 View Post
Seriously...the badge isnt the primary argument for the irror universe. its between the head and the legs!
The TOS skirt is shorter and they can always add Enterprise or even 25th century-inspired tops that show as much skin.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-09-2010, 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicFB
I am not opposed to a compromise but I don't necessarily agree with this. If they do this then fine but personally I think they should stick to the original list and let the chips fall where they may.
And let the CO Lifers who currently play this game quit in a frenzy and down talk Cryptic and their staff for the rest of their lives. Yeah, that's a good idea.

I obviously agree with the OP's idea, since I initially suggested it in three other threads along with the TNG compromise of creating the Season 1-3 uniforms.

Lt. Commander
# 7
06-09-2010, 02:27 PM
All I want... to echo a friend... is to have a pair of tomb raideresque hotpants. I'm not keen on the sports bra. I would however, like a pair of short shorts so I don't have to look at my chick toons sitting in chairs like an uncouth harlot while still showing off her glamorous stems.
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-09-2010, 02:42 PM
Considdering there was a distinct -- okay, an *arguable* difference in the way that the MU uniforms were advertised to the COLTS, the long delay in getting the uniforms into the game, and the rather unambiguous way that Cryptic reps said that the MU uniforms would never be available any other way (even though they should probably not have said that) I am in favor of this. At the very least, the MU uniforms should not be in the C-Store for... geez, at least a year since they were released.

On the other hand, everything else -- *everything* -- should be fair game. I say this because at this point there is really no question that everything that is some sort of promo item or bonus or perk will, eventually, be in the C-Store. (Insert my obligatory usual rant here. Sigh.)

For bonus points, Cryptic must promise to never run a promotion and use the term 'exclusive' ever again. =)
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-09-2010, 02:44 PM
I think the biggest reason people want MU uniforms is because the female one is the ONLY uniform in the whole game with bare midriff.
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-09-2010, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Mink
Considdering there was a distinct -- okay, an *arguable* difference in the way that the MU uniforms were advertised to the COLTS, the long delay in getting the uniforms into the game, and the rather unambiguous way that Cryptic reps said that the MU uniforms would never be available any other way (even though they should probably not have said that) I am in favor of this. At the very least, the MU uniforms should not be in the C-Store for... geez, at least a year since they were released.

On the other hand, everything else -- *everything* -- should be fair game. I say this because at this point there is really no question that everything that is some sort of promo item or bonus or perk will, eventually, be in the C-Store. (Insert my obligatory usual rant here. Sigh.)

For bonus points, Cryptic must promise to never run a promotion and use the term 'exclusive' ever again. =)
Paragon Studios who now runs CoH has continued to stand by Cryptic's word that Collector's Edition items would never be offered in any other way. As a result the City of Heroes Collector's Edition currently sells for as much as $131.98.

Collector's Editions of Online games are all about the exclusives that come with them. Nobody really cares about the magnetic box, the post cards and the tin badge. The Special Editions should remain collectible.