Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
06-09-2010, 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
I think the biggest reason people want MU uniforms is because the female one is the ONLY uniform in the whole game with bare midriff.
As the skirt and female top were not advertised in the original LTS deal for CO (only the First Officer uniform was ever advertised), I don't think anyone would have a problem with making those accessible from the Captain's MU uniform purchase as well.

Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
06-09-2010, 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
I think the biggest reason people want MU uniforms is because the female one is the ONLY uniform in the whole game with bare midriff.
Sure but they could just texture it with the 25th century uniform textures and call it the 2409 Mirror Universe Uniform.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
06-09-2010, 03:55 PM
I think its funny that so many proposals are shot down by other people and not once usually is a dev in any of the postings rejecting nor accepting any of it. lol you guys make stuff up and shoot it all down all by yourselves. GG.

Who needs movies? I got the sto forums.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
06-09-2010, 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aguila432 View Post
I think its funny that so many proposals are shot down by other people and not once usually is a dev in any of the postings rejecting nor accepting any of it. lol you guys make stuff up and shoot it all down all by yourselves. GG.

Who needs movies? I got the sto forums.
Try reading the entire thread.

Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
06-09-2010, 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Mink
Considdering there was a distinct -- okay, an *arguable* difference in the way that the MU uniforms were advertised to the COLTS, the long delay in getting the uniforms into the game, and the rather unambiguous way that Cryptic reps said that the MU uniforms would never be available any other way (even though they should probably not have said that) I am in favor of this. At the very least, the MU uniforms should not be in the C-Store for... geez, at least a year since they were released.

On the other hand, everything else -- *everything* -- should be fair game. I say this because at this point there is really no question that everything that is some sort of promo item or bonus or perk will, eventually, be in the C-Store. (Insert my obligatory usual rant here. Sigh.)

For bonus points, Cryptic must promise to never run a promotion and use the term 'exclusive' ever again. =)
Yes. It's obvious that that word is completely meaningless out of the mouth of Marketing.

The MU Uniforms are a pretty complicated issue compared to the others. The blandishments beyond just tossing the word 'exclusive' around during the sale of the offer are the start of it, but then there's the obscenely late delivery (at least the TOS uniforms had a mediocre interim version) along with the aesthetic uniqueness relative to all other current clothing options that goes way beyond any association with the Mirror Universe.

First off, I think we need off-duty clothing options (for both sexes) with the proper Theiss-Roddenberry flare. The off-duty clothing options are downright Puritan so far I think a lot of people clamoring for the MU uniform mostly want the exposed midriff, the swooshy belt, and/or the moderately dapper jacket. Probably mostly the first one.

Even with that out of the way, I wouldn't object to the TOS MU uniforms going up if the CO LTS were at least tossed some sort other bone in the process besides just weaselspeak.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
06-09-2010, 03:57 PM
lol heck no, let me my popcorn first. brb
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
06-09-2010, 04:05 PM
I'm not compromising, I want and expect to get exactly what I am given.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
06-09-2010, 04:16 PM
No, I disagree, it should be released to the c-store, exactly the same. It isnt fair that they used it for marketing CO. No No, the very same MU uniforms should be released to the c-store. Or set another promotion, like a magazine code, like what they did with the TOS.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
06-09-2010, 04:38 PM
Don't be too sympathetic.. It was one of several bonuses that came free with a lifetime subscription option no longer available. There's still people out there who'd be happy just to get the lifetime sub alone!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
06-09-2010, 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
First of all, with regards to STO pre-order bonuses, it was stated prelaunch that Cryptic might offer these on the C-Store later in the offical FAQ and multiple interviews.

However, my sympathies are with the Champions lifers who were given a more emphatic offer of exclusivity without the fine print, disclaimers or developer communications that owners of the other bonuses had access to.

So here's my suggestion:

Keep the CO Lifer Mirror Universe uniforms exclusive.

But sell the badge, either with a new uniform (the Kirk-style sleeveless look or attached to the normal TOS-style uniforms), by itself or as part of a C-Store combadge pack.

That way, everyone can create a Terran Empire look by blending the TE badge with other, existing uniforms. And the CO lifers keep their exclusive uniforms.
I disagree. If any compromise should be given, it should come in the form of a Champions Online specific item, perk, whatever.

A Zombie Foxbat action figure. Or something along those lines. Specific to the game that people bought the LTS for.

It's a Champions Sub, so any goodwill generating item offered to compensate hurt feelings should be in the form of a Champions specific item.

The overall lesson being ... you don't buy champions to play star trek.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:01 AM.