Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
Ramming speed. I was killing people with that more than anything else and and am killed that way more often than anything else.

It does not need to be nerfed, it needs to be removed completely. The notion of ramming space ships is non-canon and utterly nonsensical.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-09-2010, 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilhippo View Post
Ramming speed. I now kill people with that more than anything else and amd killed that way too more oftewn than anything else.

It does not need to be nerfed, it needs to be removed completely. The notion that ramming space ships is non-canon and utterly nonsensical.
Star Trek: First Contact, Star Trek: Nemesis, DS9: the episode with the Odyssey.

It is most certainly canon
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-09-2010, 02:36 PM
Quote:
Ramming speed. I now kill people with that more than anything else and amd killed that way too more oftewn than anything else.

It does not need to be nerfed, it needs to be removed completely. The notion that ramming space ships is non-canon and utterly nonsensical.
Although i do agree that the skill is rather overused and should only be able to be activated once a ship has less than 25% hull.

It is definitely canon as i seem to remember Picard ramming the Reman vessel in Star Trek Nemesis near the end.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-09-2010, 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithborn
Star Trek: First Contact, Star Trek: Nemesis, DS9: the episode with the Odyssey.

Only if both ships blow up
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-09-2010, 02:39 PM
Quote:
Only if both ships blow up
I think the ship that did the ram in First contact DID blow up.

Btw, might i add that this thread isnt about YOU killing peeps a lot with ramming speed is it? Cmon be honest.. this is a barely concealed whine thread about how much you think it should be nerfed cos you die from it all the time.

Cmon....

Admit it.

You'll feel better
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-09-2010, 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekkameron View Post
I think the ship that did the ram in First contact DID blow up
Fine, then make ramming speed mutually suicidal, not a tactic used in almost every match... frankly just get rid of it.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-09-2010, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithborn

so someting that happened 3 times in what must be hundreds of shows is in and getting to shag hot alien chicks, which is soooo canon and happens almost every week is left out. Personally if i had to pick between them this game would have an 18+ rating.
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-09-2010, 02:50 PM
Personally i think the most idiotic ability is any "teams" that you use on yourself. Why oh why would you lose crew when they're not going anywhere? and to further that.. How does using tactical team upon yurself gain more crew?
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-09-2010, 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardept View Post
so someting that happened 3 times in what must be hundreds of shows is in and getting to shag hot alien chicks, which is soooo canon and happens almost every week is left out. Personally if i had to pick between them this game would have an 18+ rating.
I would still prefer to rip peoples' heads off.
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-09-2010, 03:16 PM
"Future's End part II" of Voyager. Janeway proposes to ram the time ship to prevent it from entering the spatial anomoly.