# 3
06-09-2010, 05:20 AM
Get Over Here!

ooh.... Jeri Ryan as Sonya Blade .....
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-09-2010, 05:20 AM
Quote:
IMDB says it's coming out 2013 and it's going to be called either Mortal Kombat or Mortal Kombat: Devastation
That that you can really trust comments on youtube, but this seems to answer your question.

Edit now that I watched the whole thing:

This kills the whole point of the games, they made it "Real" as opposed to the between realms with something globally at steak.

The first movies weren't perfect by a long shot, but at the least you knew in the first that the whole world was at steak and that it was Lu Kang's effort to avenge and free the soul of his brother, classic martial arts movie.

This is like "Hey, let's make it dark, gritty, realistic! Like it could almost happen!. No. Also, Jerry Ryan... N-O, sorry let me turn that up for you N-BLOODY-O
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-09-2010, 05:33 AM
My guess is it's either a proof of concept piece for a reboot movie or it's a bit of advertising for the new MK game which also looks like it'll be a reboot.

Thing is, i actually enjoyed all that outworld/sorcery/high technology mix it had going. Adding 'realism' doesn't always work. I half expected Liu Kang to bust in there and reveal that he's Scorpions new partner. "Kang and Scorp in: BLIND JUSTICE! and coming soon BLIND JUSTICE 2: IN KOLD BLOOD!"

One thing i noted was the pic of Sub Zero that flashes up when Scorpion picks up the file was actually a render, my very first thought was that he looked like a Strogg. Could be our first look at their new design for Subby if it's an advert for the game.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-09-2010, 05:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cormoran View Post
Thing is, i actually enjoyed all that outworld/sorcery/high technology mix it had going. Adding 'realism' doesn't always work. I half expected Liu Kang to bust in there and reveal that he's Scorpions new partner. "Kang and Scorp in: BLIND JUSTICE! and coming soon BLIND JUSTICE 2: IN KOLD BLOOD!"
THANK YOU!

Exactly how I feel! Those movies were supposed to be outlandish, SUPPOSED TO BE CRAMMED WITH NINJA MAGIC!

not crammed with "How do we explain all this so it's all possible?" Man Scorpion and Reptile were freaking crazy before they were made to be "real". I mean sure they were faceless guys in ninja suits, but it was just cool!

I guess i just don't understand this new craze with Hollywood and "shaking things up" It might have worked for a few movies that really needed it, but it got really stupid when every established franchise got on-board.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-09-2010, 07:21 AM
Hey you guys never know, maybe they will have the supernatural element added in any new one. I would still like to know who made this movie short, and if it's really setting up a reboot.
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-09-2010, 10:24 AM
UPDATE:

Well it's official. This is test footage for a planned reboot of Mortal Combat. You can read more about it here:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=66904
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-09-2010, 11:21 AM
ahh cool. So basically it might happen, or it might not happen, or it might happen but be nothing like this. :p
At least it shows the director is willing to put a lot of effort into it.

The interview is nice, good to see an actor with a firm grasp on gaming.

Damn, now i've started thinking about how they'd reimagine the other characters. I stopped at quan chi, the idea i had there was disturbing enough for one night.
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-09-2010, 12:34 PM
Well my question is, who would you get to play in the other roles. One being Sub-Zero, cause it sounds like they will have Scorpion and him going at it bigtime in this new version.