Lt. Commander
# 11
06-09-2010, 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooKing
So much hate.
no kidding...i haven't been on these forums for a long time now, thought i would come back and see if the game is at a stage where it doesn't keep dramtically changing while im leveling(not moaning it's personal choice i want to level my character and experience some of the stuff from start to end..just preference) and first post i look at is someone ripping into cryptic again..dont you get bored when you do the same thing over and over? I know most people i know do..are you OCD driven spam bots or something.

So much hate , yet so little brains..they guy in the arm chair is always the one who says "if it were me i would do it like this and all would be perfect"..and you instantly know that person talks from the southern most oultlet on thier body. In fact they would probably spend an enitire day trying to understand why a fish fork doesn't go into the toaster....

I haven't missed this. I have issed the game though seem to be comig along well. welldone cryptic..no one is perfect..but you guys have worked through it no matter what. if thats not worthy of praise then i suggest we wear sanddles and walk on water..
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-10-2010, 12:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Sol
This was listed as a 'critical' problem by a GM to me and yet it takes you two weeks to fix it? It cannot be a major problem to simply fix your own C-Store or have a GM look at who has access to the Galaxy-X, type in a few commands and grant them the item.
Yes, unfortunately it does take a couple weeks, Captain Sol. Not because it takes two weeks of programmer time, but because the fix needs to be written, and tested extensively. Most of the time, when a new version of the game is created, many aspects of the game need to be re-tested to ensure that recent changes did not unintentionally break other things. This is standard QA process. Once the testing is done, then it takes time for someone from the network operations team to set up the servers with the new version of the game.

Yes, it's true that sometimes emergency fixes go in without a week of testing, but that comes with the risk of new, possibly nasty bugs making it into the game.

We're trying to get the ability to grant the item, but it's not simple due to the fact that it's more than just an item, it requires some character metadata that can't be edited due to the same bug that's preventing users from claiming it.

And now, back to discussion about auction house expiration.
Lt. Commander
# 13
06-10-2010, 12:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMDestra
Yes, unfortunately it does take a couple weeks, Captain Sol. Not because it takes two weeks of programmer time, but because the fix needs to be written, and tested extensively. Most of the time, when a new version of the game is created, many aspects of the game need to be re-tested to ensure that recent changes did not unintentionally break other things. This is standard QA process. Once the testing is done, then it takes time for someone from the network operations team to set up the servers with the new version of the game.

Yes, it's true that sometimes emergency fixes go in without a week of testing, but that comes with the risk of new, possibly nasty bugs making it into the game.

We're trying to get the ability to grant the item, but it's not simple due to the fact that it's more than just an item, it requires some character metadata that can't be edited due to the same bug that's preventing users from claiming it.

There was no way to test this in the extra week you had for 1.2? Or in the time you had GMs sitting in Sol or running around with players during the GM weekend flaunting the AGT Galaxy to players on Tribble? I find that difficult to believe, to be honest. There really should be a way to 'test' C-Store items at least internally on Tribble so that you can check to see if there are problems before they go live. Anyway, as you said, back to the exchange expiration discussion.
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-10-2010, 12:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Sol
There was no way to test this in the extra week you had for 1.2? Or in the time you had GMs sitting in Sol or running around with players during the GM weekend flaunting the AGT Galaxy to players on Tribble? I find that difficult to believe, to be honest. There really should be a way to 'test' C-Store items at least internally on Tribble so that you can check to see if there are problems before they go live. Anyway, as you said, back to the exchange expiration discussion.
Start your own thread to rant about this pointless matter.....

I hope that the change to the AH system will see a stop to some of the stupid prices that have been seen for crafting items. I looked for some Plasma particles, found only one for 5 mil EG.... 1 Hour later after playing the game and doing some explore missions I had 9 of them.
Lt. Commander
# 15
06-10-2010, 01:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELITE-Kaos View Post
Start your own thread to rant about this pointless matter.....

I hope that the change to the AH system will see a stop to some of the stupid prices that have been seen for crafting items. I looked for some Plasma particles, found only one for 5 mil EG.... 1 Hour later after playing the game and doing some explore missions I had 9 of them.
Pointless to you, perhaps. Still, there's no need to be insulting about it. If you read the post above, I already dropped the conversation in this thread.
Lt. Commander
# 16
06-10-2010, 03:20 AM
Quote:

This is understandable, but I think the main issue that has some of the players who have earned the Galaxy-X was the way in which the GM's responded to the tickets that were sent. Regardless of how the GM responses were worded they all boiled down to:
  1. Yes this is a bug
  2. The devs are aware of the issue, have made it a high priority issue, and are working on fixing this bug
  3. We are sorry for the inconvenience this bug has caused you
  4. Unfortunately we cannot help you and just grant you the item

The points of the devs working on the bug and the part where the GM's can't just grant the item need a little bit of tweaking. It is understandable that GM's can't give accurate timetables but adding in a ballpark time table for the fix would be nice, even if it is just adding in asap.

The part where the GM's couldn't help however could have used a little more explanation. As it was written in the tickets I have seen it just came off that it was Cryptic's policy regarding the Galaxy-X not to grant the ship. What could have eased a little tension could have been adding in "because it requires some character metadata that can't be edited due to the same bug that's preventing users from claiming it." This would have explained that the bug was affecting both ends of the stick as it were and would have kept the players from jumping to the wrong conclusions. Just my 2 cents.

Quote:
Quite right! This is sorely needed, if just for the fact that it will give the players the ability change the prices of the items that they have posted so that it will sell the next time. Though to go along with this, and hopefully once ship interiors are working properly, the addition of extra storage space would be nice. Perhaps add in a cargo bay or two, with various containers to just store your excess items that you don't use all the time or are just stockpiling for future use, but don't want to clutter your bank or your inventory in order to do that.
Lt. Commander
# 17
06-10-2010, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
Hi everyone,

This afternoon at 4:00 p.m. PDT (GMT -7) we will be enabling expiring auction lots. Going forward, any listing on the Auction House which is older than one week will expire, and the items will be mailed back to the player who listed the auction.

This will affect any listing on the auction house which has been up for more than one week as of 4pm today. Due to the large number of auctions this will affect, these listings will be expired slowly over the course of the next 24 hours.

Please make sure to check your in-game mail to retrieve any expired lots.

Thank you,

Stormshade
When you first tried out this procedure a few patches back, I lost many items. They were removed from the auction house and never returned to me through the mail. A few weeks later you released another patch that stopped the auction items from expiring until you could work out the mail-back bugs (that was the reason given by Cryptic).

To this day I still have never received those items back. At the time I had started a thread inquiring about the problem here: http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=154027
Lt. Commander
# 18
06-10-2010, 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turak View Post
Glad the Exchange will finally get cleaned up somewhat. Now if only we could have better searches on Bridge Officers.
QFT.......
Lt. Commander
# 19
06-10-2010, 03:29 PM
Uh, I got the mails bout my lots that expired, and I deleted them on this website thinking that they were in my inventory. Then I checked this thread which says that they were attachments in the mail. Is there any way I can get the items back?
Lt. Commander
# 20
06-10-2010, 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turak View Post
Glad the Exchange will finally get cleaned up somewhat. Now if only we could have better searches on Bridge Officers.
No doubt - We need to be able to search for BO Traits/skills.

Also, since you're cleaning up the Exchange by removing old data, could you please unfix the "bug" that allowed us to post more than 20 items? This was one of the best improvements ya'll made to the game!

I'm a RA5, I have a large cargo hold... I go out B'Traning or DSE and I fill up my holds before coming back to port to sell me booty (Yeeaarggg matey!). Granted, a fair portion of the flotsam and jetsam I find are common items that I sell off to Ensign Shalah, but often I have more than 20 items for the exchange. This is especially true if I bother to collectdata samples. I hate having to leave port with items in my hold, or fill my bank with sellables.

Maybe if Shalah would give us cash for the data samples (I'd be happy to part with them for 1000 a piece or something like that)... ???

(And yes I know data samples are supposed to be used for Memory Alpha, but even after the update, STO "crafting" is a joke. So their only value to me is to sell them on the exchange for tuppance.

Don't get me wrong, MA was improved -- before being a joke it was an insult, lol -- alas it's still all but worthless. There's no value to the items I can craft, either to myself or for sale on the exchange, versus what I can get with badges/marks, etc. Let me work up to craft for very rare items that are different than/but equal too/better than badge/mark items and/or preferably allow me to make completely custom items for which I can choose the features (Ex: I currently have a Combat Impulse Engine with [Aux] [Turn] [Spd] - I'd rather it had [Turn]x2 [Spd] or [Turn]x3!). Even if these custom items were Bind on Pick-up, it'd be cool, though sellable would be The Awesome. But I digress...)

Thanks for the update Cryptic... now if only we could have more content ...