Lt. Commander
Welcome to [FIGHT CLUB].

I propose that our small ground community meet every Saturday at a designated time that is well known to everyone in our community (and other fleets) so that we can enjoy ground PvP matches. By planning weekly events, casual players and fleets can plan to play and enjoy PvP matches that are fun and well populated.

Who: Rear Admirals and Brigadier Generals, premades, fleets and pugs
What: Informal mass gathering of players for ground PvP
When: Saturdays, 12PM Central Time / 17:00 GMT / 6PM BST for one hour (this time is meant to be inclusive to US and European time zones), starting June 12th and every Saturday for the lifetime of STO
Where: Any public ground PvP queue and map (FvF, FvK, Shanty Town, Ghost Ship, Deserted Facility, Assimilated Cruiser); meet in Otha if you'd like to have entertainment between matches
Why: To keep STO alive!

Feel free to post your ideas on a weekly event like this, or reply to let everyone else know you'll make it. Add this event to your fleet calendars. Let's make this popular and get everyone to jump on the bandwagon. I am hoping to bring back old players and attract new players and fleets. I will update this post upon any feedback.

If you build it, they will come!

P.S.: I welcome any and all replies complaining about ground PvP because I want my thread bumped to the top!!
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-09-2010, 07:08 PM
Ground PvP Tips:
  • Weapons Malfunction is cured by Power Cell
  • Expose is removed by Shield Charge Battery
  • Hypos and other devices are sold on DS9 and Sol
  • Never run into an enemy group solo; always try to re-group with your team
  • You can improve your camera by adjusting your Controls to CAMERA FOLLOW TYPE: ON MOVE
  • Rifle butt can be countered by: Force Field Dome (engineers), Gravimetric Shift (science), stun pistol, running backwards, or use rifle butt on the opponent

Melee Combat Guide: http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=97085&

Firearms Combat Guide: http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=157256

Ground PvP Videos:

(Anyone else have tips?)
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-09-2010, 07:43 PM
HOW TO PLAY SHANTY TOWN

There are two mainframes on opposite corners of the map. Your team will be assigned to one mainframe and the enemy team is assigned to the other mainframe in the opposite corner of the map.

Each team begins at 60 points and must upload viruses or kill opponents until you are at zero points. You must reduce your own team's score to zero in order to win the match.

You can download the virus from your team's mainframe and upload it to the console in the middle of the map for 3 points, or the enemy mainframe for 6 points. You can kill someone for 1 point. The enemy's mainframe is heavily guarded with turrets (so it takes more effort to upload the vrius), but you will score more points for successfully uploading a virus to it. You cannot upload the virus if you are in combat or being attacked by the surrounding enemy turrets. Some strategies against the turrets are: cover shields, weapons malfunction, stasis field, neural neutralizer, and having a teammate aggro all the turrets at once. Or, you could destroy the turrets, but they will respawn.

Only one team member can carry the virus at once. The person who has the virus will glow red. After the virus has been delivered (or the team member dies), then another virus can be downloaded at your mainframe.

Video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s42N2kivF5A
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-10-2010, 04:39 AM
I'm still trying to get my team together. Just lacking my last piece. We will still meet.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-10-2010, 05:49 AM
Split your team Meeowww and I will join either side.
Give me Guapos and Sam, you get the rest.
How does that sound?
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-10-2010, 06:31 AM
It's on like Donkey Kong!
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-10-2010, 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pairadocks View Post
Split your team Meeowww and I will join either side.
Give me Guapos and Sam, you get the rest.
How does that sound?
Fister Sister premade is unlikely to be on at that time to field a full fleet team. I am showing up on my own and will play with anyone, either on Klingon or Fed side (I have characters on both). In any case, I am more than happy to split off from my usual friends for a few games to shake things up. So everyone who shows up on Saturday has a chance of playing with new people.

If you want to avoid fighting against certain people (such as Surgery), then you can play on your Klingon and queue up for games against Feds. That way you will be on the same faction.

That will be part of the fun of Fight Club. You never know who you'll fight!
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-10-2010, 10:38 AM
I actually like ground PvP, but I suspect I'm not too good at it. I notice that Meeow, Surgery, & Co. tend to vaporize me repeatedly. I need lessons - and probably more points in ground skills.
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-10-2010, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naevius
I actually like ground PvP, but I suspect I'm not too good at it. I notice that Meeow, Surgery, & Co. tend to vaporize me repeatedly. I need lessons - and probably more points in ground skills.
We're very easy to kill. Phaser Stun Pistols, Gravimetric Shift, Anesthizine Gas, Stasis Field, Rifle Butt, Force Field Dome, Quantum Mortars, Phaser Turrets, Seeker Drones, Weapons Malfunction, Suppressing Fire. Also, teams that heal each other will get a lot more kills.
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-10-2010, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeowww View Post
We're very easy to kill. Phaser Stun Pistols, Gravimetric Shift, Anesthizine Gas, Stasis Field, Rifle Butt, Force Field Dome, Quantum Mortars, Phaser Turrets, Seeker Drones, Weapons Malfunction, Suppressing Fire. Also, teams that heal each other will get a lot more kills.

LOL CHC runs over everyone on ground and yet we get crushed by you guys. As a matter of fact I think you guys hold to score 3 to 1. You guys easy to kill my ***