Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-10-2010, 12:24 AM
Sorry to say it, but i think most "reports" are deserved. Sure there can be some bad looser doing it on purpose, but from my experience, those big mouthed rude people, deserve it.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-10-2010, 12:26 AM
If the rules say no bad language, then that applies to you too. Simply being a L337 PvPer doesn't make you a special snowflake that is allowed to ignore the rules.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-10-2010, 12:33 AM
I'm not sure why Cryptic would address bad language provided the offender didn't go around the language filter.

If you don't want bad language keep the chat filter ENABLED.

Otherwise don't QQ about it.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-10-2010, 12:34 AM
thank you STO
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-10-2010, 02:47 AM
If I am in a pre-made, zone is never visible unless it is for a GG at the end of the game or a brief "All your bases are belong to us"

Otherwise I tend to have zone inactive as soon as the PUG is established (i.e. I am watching a separate team tab) as I see little point in reading the juvenile nerd rages and sub-literate gibberish that are so common in PvP zone chat.

Why bother reporting a jackass for being a jackass when it is so easy to blank them out? It seems hardly worth the effort. Of course if someone is doing abusive tells, then sure, /ignore and then report them.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-10-2010, 02:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaboy View Post
I'm not sure why Cryptic would address bad language provided the offender didn't go around the language filter.

If you don't want bad language keep the chat filter ENABLED.

Otherwise don't QQ about it.
Exactly...Cryptic gave you the tool to block all offensive language. If you decide not to enable it then anything you see and hear is partially your own fault. It's like tuning in to Cinemax or HBO at 3 a.m. and then being shocked to see a breast exposed...
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-10-2010, 03:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darksun3452
wow ,
cool

i don't know what to say,

so your pro reporting people?
Every sane person should be. I'm playing a game for my amusement not to read morronic people insulting me or others with rude gibberish. Now personally I don't care when people use foul language in global, but I can fully understand others that do and report them.

Quote:
in pvp where you are fighting, people cuss and say nutty things,
but hey, i thought that was part of gameing,
i can reaport people no sweat,
but won't it be bad for the game ?
Those are not people, they are a more primitive ape-like creature posing for us and without any sense of self-control. There is no other explanation for certain MMO player behaviour or most youtube comments. In any case it most definately is not a wanted part of gaming.
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-10-2010, 03:36 AM
Silence is Golden.
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-10-2010, 03:52 AM
Silence is golden......and duck tape is silver !