Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
06-10-2010, 05:54 AM
I never see anybody ever speak in pvp as it is
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
06-10-2010, 07:25 AM
I never understood these kinds of threads. The ignore feature is there, use it.

And profanity? Seriously? There is a filter. Use it. Its on by default anyways.


If you refuse to use these things, and people aren't circumventing them, you have no right to complain.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
06-10-2010, 07:42 AM
thank you STO
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
06-10-2010, 07:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darksun3452

anyway like i said bating harassment wile mean and wrong , is part of our game here has been sence i stared pvping,
mostly at first it was a normal, name calling and 4 letter word stuff,
but like i said, baiting players and harassing them to the point of tells and then ignor happens alot in pvp, why people would on top of that report you to is nutty,

i guess if at least pvp is going to all care bear from here on in i will reaport people,
God forbid people just grow up and act in a responsible way, whether they pvp or not.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
06-10-2010, 07:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darksun3452
so your pro reporting people?
Yes I am. That's what the report function is there for.

The entire idea of "no one likes a rat" is something that was started and is primarily upheld by schoolyard bullies, criminals and prison inmates. Those types of people don't like it when people snitch on them because they want to continue victimizing people. So they actively discourage people from snitching on them by supporting that childish idea of "you shouldn't rat on people."

I have no problem with it if that's the kind of person that you want to be. I just want you to know the kind of people that you're deliberately choosing to be like.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
06-10-2010, 08:02 AM
thank you STO
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
06-10-2010, 08:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darksun3452
i think it's a forum of "power playing",
No it's not. You know what it is? It's a perfect example of "I'm safe on the internet syndrome."

I'm not a particularly big man, but no one talks to me in real life the way they do in many PvP games. You know why? Because they don't know me, and there's always that chance that I'll break their head open.

That's the reason why immature people talk smack anywhere online. Because they can. Because they don't dare walk down the street and talk to people like that in real life, cause they'd end up in a chalk outline somewhere. But on the internet they can! On the internet they're 9 foot tall and bulletproof. Because neither you nor I can reach through that screen and slap the marbles out the side of their head.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
06-10-2010, 08:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxrocks
If you refuse to use these things, and people aren't circumventing them, you have no right to complain.
Given how easy it is to block people (kudos Cryptic for that aspect of the fairly crummy UI at least), I do not usually see the *point* of complaining about mere language.

If someone wants to make themselves look like a school yard jackass in zone, I am usually inclined to just /ignore and let them get on with making themselves look like a twit... but certainly people have the *right* to complain if someone is an anti-social boor.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
06-10-2010, 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darksun3452
wow ,
cool

i don't know what to say,

so your pro reporting people?

ok.

so where dose it stop though?
That's kind of a no-brainer. It stops where the swearing ends. It's not like you're going to get anywhere reporting people for *not* swearing.

By the way, that filter to block language is not a doorway to the swear-zone. It's there as an added layer of protection, not as a way to get around the core rules:

In-Game Chat May Not Contain:
  • Language which may be considered offensive to any real-world demographics, including race, religion, sexual orientation, nationality, and ethnicity
  • Reference to extreme or violent sexual acts
  • Profanity or inappropriate language
  • References to participation in illegal real world activities (i.e. drugs, violence)
  • Advertisements for real-world products or websites
  • Spamming
  • Real life information regarding another user (address, phone number, real name, etc)
  • Intent to scam another player
Are these terms really that hard to follow? Is it that difficult to get your point across without dropping an F-bomb?

That said, I rarely see people saying anything more in PvP beyond "gg", much less swearing.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
06-10-2010, 08:50 AM
thank you STO
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:28 AM.