Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
06-10-2010, 09:35 AM
Quote:
That's the reason why immature people talk smack anywhere online. Because they can. Because they don't dare walk down the street and talk to people like that in real life, cause they'd end up in a chalk outline somewhere.
Heh, true internet badass talk at its best!

If you cannot use the language filter or the ignore button...
Reporting looks like it is the least of the issues that should be addressed here.
Lt. Commander
# 22
06-10-2010, 09:41 AM
I have no opinion on the report issue, but quite honestly I think most people start talking in zone chat during PvP for the sole purpose of proving how stupid they are.

I played 20 PvP matches yesterday and the only thing they had in common is that in every single match - including a match where Section 31 beat my side badly - one or more players on the Fed team whined and complained about something.

It would be healthier for the PvP community of STO to have more rivalries and more flame wars that fanned the flames of competition than what we current have - a large community of complainers and crybabys - both on the forums and in game.
Lt. Commander
# 23
06-10-2010, 09:48 AM
I would imagine "No Cross Faction Talk" in PvP zones would make the "Problem" almost disappear.
*shrug*
Lt. Commander
# 24
06-10-2010, 11:31 AM
Are we supposed to be sympathetic someone got reported or is this thread just to vent?

Let's throw a pity party

Awwwwwwwww.
Lt. Commander
# 25
06-10-2010, 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darksun3452
that was a nice post, but i do wonder if you ever play pvp in this game,and im sorry you may be right with all the rules there and such but that hardy what happens in pvp in this game, i have no less then at least 75 or more people on ignor from my 4 player chr's, and maybe 13 or 16 are for spamming my email box for gold sellers,
the rest sence beta are for harassment of me or other players, there is and has been a ton of
rule brakers in the pvp of this game, wich i mite add is worse then playing shadowbane, wich
let anything happen all the time forever.

so ya i just wonder if some of you are paying the same STO that i am.
I think it depends on where you're PvP'ing. Space capture and hold, I rarely see any negative chatter, although there are always exceptions. The Ker'rat system where Klingon player's start each match parked 10 feet behind the Fed spawn point and open up their cannons the moment the match begins.. yeah, there's a lot of swearing.
Lt. Commander
# 26
06-10-2010, 12:26 PM
greater internet ****wad theory

steps:
  1. turn on the chat filter
  2. ignore them
  3. turn off zone chat
  4. ???
  5. profit!
Lt. Commander
# 27
06-10-2010, 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darksided View Post
I have no opinion on the report issue, but quite honestly I think most people start talking in zone chat during PvP for the sole purpose of proving how stupid they are.
I have to agree with my esteemed colleague

Quote:
It would be healthier for the PvP community of STO to have more rivalries and more flame wars that fanned the flames of competition than what we current have - a large community of complainers and crybabys - both on the forums and in game.
In my experience 'flame wars' (exchanges of insults) generate nothing useful whatsoever other than helpfully showing who needs to be put on /ignore.
Lt. Commander
# 28
06-10-2010, 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Combadge
I think it depends on where you're PvP'ing. Space capture and hold, I rarely see any negative chatter, although there are always exceptions. The Ker'rat system where Klingon player's start each match parked 10 feet behind the Fed spawn point and open up their cannons the moment the match begins.. yeah, there's a lot of swearing.
Just one thing.. When the game starts, I'm in the same pile as everyone else at Kar'rat..
Goes to a cut image.. bam bam, then I see the game. I haven't been able to start where I wanted, unless I moved to the edle of map and space turned blue.
Lt. Commander
# 29
06-10-2010, 02:18 PM
Star Trek Online is a PEGI12+ game. Anyone who plays this game has agreed to behave in a way that does not jeopardise this rating. So if you swear and cuss in zone chat you are in the wrong. And if you get reported you deserve whatever punishment you get.

Cussing in a very public zone will always result in a complaint by me. In a PvP zone you would have to accuse me of having sex with my maternal parent before I would reach for the complain button.
Lt. Commander
# 30
06-10-2010, 02:33 PM
Its never occured to me to report someone for swearing, much less that cryptic would punish someone for saying something that was already censored by the profanity filter (speaking of, if swearing is against the TOS, why can the filter be turned off?), what a waste of time and energy this issue is. I truly cant imagine what would possess a person to go running to the "the authorities" to complain that someone said a bad word.. especially when you have so many tools at your disposal to handle it yourself. Sad.