Lt. Commander
# 11
06-10-2010, 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by homsikpanda View Post
being one of those slav...workers i resent that remark =.=
prices in the usa are 199 for the 16gb and 299 for the 32gb with a phone contract, consult your local phone provided for contact pricing (you can also buy the phones outright if you like for 599-699 )
But it is true.
Both that they work under slave like conditions and that they had to raise their salaries(keep trying to write it as celery for some reason...) because of some... Hmm... Controversies.

World is in such a sad state these days.
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-10-2010, 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chat
But it is true.
Both that they work under slave like conditions and that they had to raise their salaries(keep trying to write it as celery for some reason...) because of some... Hmm... Controversies.

World is in such a sad state these days.
i don't work in slave like conditions >_> we're having a cook out with steak and hotdogs right now =3, i'm also typing this while i'mat work =D this is the best job i've ever had =o
also they might have, had to raise the salary in the states (for what ever reason ) but it didn't change the pricing of the iphones... if anything it made them LESS exspensive, seeing as how prior the the iphone 4 an 8gb iphone 3gs would cost 199, you can get an iphone 16 gb for the same price >_>

oh, and the steak and hotdogs is free, sponsored by apple =D

and move to canada, our economy is booming because we're not stupid enough to rely heavily on the american economy like most of the world XD we're also self sustaining =D
and we have pandas and wine gummies!
Lt. Commander
# 13
06-10-2010, 10:39 AM
Quote:
the iphone 4 is more if a mini hand held computer with phone capability then anythng, it plays music, you can surf the net, it has various types of games and other applications (try browsing the itunes store for apps to get an idea on whats available) the coverage is more based on your provider, not the phone it's self....(sorry chat but you ish wrong DX you just have crappy phone service )
also the iphone has wifi capability, so if you're in a wifi hotzone you can turn off your celular connection and just use wifi ( this is good because cellular network cost money where wifi is free )
if you're interested in seeing what the iphone can do for you and have a little extra spending money, might i suggest test driving an ipod touch... the ipod touch and the iphone both + use the same operating system and the only differences between them is the ipod touch doesn't have a digital camera, and can't take phone calls, apart from that they are entirely identical. if you like it, get the iphone, if you dislike it then you can always resell the ipod touch(if you still have manufacturer warranty the ipods will sell for a good amount )
All things no other phone has... oh wait... None apple phones did these things first and are still faster and more capable.

Android also has a app market, albeit not as big as yet.

So really there isn't any advantage at all to the iphone at all.
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-10-2010, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoplite View Post
All things no other phone has... oh wait... None apple phones did these things first and are still faster and more capable.

Android also has a app market, albeit not as big as yet.

So really there isn't any advantage at all to the iphone at all.
i never said apple was the best just giving the facts on what it does... the iphone again like i already said, is more a mini computer focused on music play with a cellphone duct taped to the side

take cd player, glue on an ethernet cable, then duct tape your cell phone to it and poof, instant iphone! =o

and i like my ipod touch... the apple tech support people are friendlyer the any other tech support i've done, now these are just for ipods, i'm not 100% sure about iphone support,

like i said though if you're interested in the iphone consider getting an ipod touch as a cheap alternative for test drive purposes
Lt. Commander
# 15
06-10-2010, 10:50 AM
*sits in the corner waving a little yellow flag with "PALM PRE" written on it. Woooooooo!*
Lt. Commander
# 16
06-10-2010, 10:52 AM
k there is only way to resolve this....

BUY THIS PHONE
Lt. Commander
# 17
06-10-2010, 10:54 AM
honestly i don't even know why i'm in a discussion about cell phones, i don't even have a cell phone, if i need someone i just go to them.... or if someone needs me they send me an e-mail or leave a message, everybody knows i'm excellent at getting back to people same day...
i know how to keep in constant contact with everybody, and i don't need a phone ! =D
Lt. Commander
# 18
06-10-2010, 11:04 AM
I got an iPhone... I just dont use it.
Still on my old Sony Ericsson K700i.
It lets me call me and have this really awesome thing which lets me send text messages! And I dont have to pay extra for that feature! It came with the phone!
Suppose I should have told you all to sit down before reading it.
Lt. Commander
# 19
06-10-2010, 11:08 AM
i has flying panda carrier pigeon type things.... they're cute, they're fluffy and they get my message across... all i ever need! =D
Lt. Commander
# 20
06-10-2010, 11:14 AM
Quote:
i has flying panda carrier pigeon type things.... they're cute, they're fluffy and they get my message across... all i ever need! =D
They sound delicious.