Lt. Commander
# 21
06-10-2010, 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chat
They sound delicious.
o.o; -looks at chat attached and nomming on panda leg- o.O; NURR!!! STOP THAT ! it tickles >_<
-squirms and bites back-
Lt. Commander
# 22
06-10-2010, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyejon View Post
Greetings all,

I would be curious to hear impressions/reactions/etc on the iPhone 4. I would also be curious to hear how many are planning to get one. The last curiosity I have is what cell phone gentle beings are using and/or which phone they believe is the best.

My Verizon phone comes up to the 2yr mark in July. My current phone is the Motorola Krave ZN4. Overall, I have not been pleased with it.

I am considering the new iPhone 4. I have never used one but have always been fascinated and curious by them. I am also considering the HTC Droid Incredible and the Motorola Droid. Each has its pros and cons.

Thanks in advance for any responses.
From everything I've heard about AT&T, you would absolutely hate their service. Verizon has many faults, but coverage is not one of them. I also heard that the older iPhones had some pretty bad cell reception, but Apple may have fixed that by now.

I'd say stick with Verizon and if you really want a smartphone, get either the Droid Incredible or the regular Droid. The Incredible is a bit faster than the Droid, but it doesn't have a physical keyboard. Personally, I've got my eye on the Incredible once my 'New Every 2' comes up in October.
Lt. Commander
# 23
06-10-2010, 12:31 PM
I've got the Batphone! A Nokia 5800 xpressmusic. It does what most every other smartphone out on the market does these days, which includes the iphone.

Sadly i'm yet to find the app that disables power to Chinese skyscrapers....
Lt. Commander
# 24
06-10-2010, 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintHazard View Post
You couldn't tear me and my Palm Pre apart for all the iPhones in the world.

Sprint + WebOS = endless love.

<3.
Ooh, I was very close to getting a Palm Pre, but there were a few key features it was missing. Have they added voice dialing to it yet?
Lt. Commander
# 25
06-10-2010, 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoratusAlpha
Ooh, I was very close to getting a Palm Pre, but there were a few key features it was missing. Have they added voice dialing to it yet?
Nope.

But it's got a video camera now, that's one feature that was annoyingly missing previously.

And a ginormous app store.

No voice dialing though.

(Voice dialing sucks anyway.)
Lt. Commander
# 26
06-10-2010, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintHazard View Post
Nope.

But it's got a video camera now, that's one feature that was annoyingly missing previously.

And a ginormous app store.

No voice dialing though.

(Voice dialing sucks anyway.)
It comes in handy when you're doing things like driving, and want to call someone. Which I tend to do on an almost-daily basis.
Lt. Commander
# 27
06-10-2010, 03:53 PM
Apple sent me an add for the new phone and I thought that it would be impressive, but after reading it, yawn.
Lt. Commander
# 28
06-12-2010, 08:41 AM
well you ask a bunch of gamers.. they will hate it. Typically the normal computer gamer hates Apple and all things Apple.... regardless of anything about it technically.
Lt. Commander
# 29
06-12-2010, 09:02 AM
Due to the Apple iPhone 4, my wife will be working overtime and extended hours. She works in a call center for AT&T Mobility, doing both collections and account activation/upgrade. The only way you will get the upgrade is if your account is current, so to avoid the headache and such, I have one piece of advice:

PAY YOUR DAMN BILL.

Thank you, and help make my wife's extra work as easy as possible.
Lt. Commander
# 30
06-12-2010, 09:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doh123 View Post
well you ask a bunch of gamers.. they will hate it. Typically the normal computer gamer hates Apple and all things Apple.... regardless of anything about it technically.
Given I spent 3 year supporting mac's as well as PC's, i think i have a pretty good grasp of the strengths and weakness of both.

There is nothing in the the iphone4 that is out standing and HTC are now building to the same quality.

It is, as i said, personal preference, and gamers are not inherently pro or against anything.

My brother for instance is a big gamer, but when it comes to his phone and laptop he is apple all the way.