Lt. Commander
# 1 What would you do?
06-10-2010, 02:19 PM
I came across this while browsing around and wondered, what would I do if my girlfriend did this to me with my STO or CO accounts?

I don't think I would destroy anything but I would find other more subtle ways to be just as vindictive, like cutting up her bank and credit cards and throwing away all of her favorite CDs and DVDs.

What would you do?

Lt. Commander
# 2
06-10-2010, 02:21 PM
I would handle it as a decent person and understand that it was just a virtual character.
Nothing to go nuts over.

THE END!
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-10-2010, 02:26 PM
That's why none of my girlfriends i've ever had were giving the password for my computer. If they tried to use my computer they had to use an extremly limited guest account. Of course you should pay attention to your girlfriend. games arnt that important
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chat
I would handle it as a decent person and understand that it was just a virtual character.
Nothing to go nuts over.

THE END!
And yes chat while that is true. virtual or not these characters represent an enormous amount of time investment that if deleted would be wasted. and i hate wasting my time
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-10-2010, 02:27 PM
Quote:
Nothing to go nuts over.

THE END!
Those were virtual characters, yes. But they were virtual characters the guy had invested hours upon hours of time in. It's not like he can get them back at the drop of a hat. WoW doesn't retrieve characters that are deleted as a result of domestic disputes.

Lt. Commander
# 5
06-10-2010, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralMiller View Post
And yes chat while that is true. virtual or not these characters represent an enormous amount of time investment that if deleted would be wasted. and i hate wasting my time
Everything is a waste of time.
Understand that and there is nothing to get worked up about.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-10-2010, 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
Those were virtual characters, yes. But they were virtual characters the guy had invested hours upon hours of time in. It's not like he can get them back at the drop of a hat. WoW doesn't retrieve characters that are deleted as a result of domestic disputes.

Then he shouldn't have been a tool to his own loss. He left the account logged in. Of course beating himself senseless would have been far more entertaining.

That was his (ex) girlfriend? looks about right for a gtfo we're through.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-10-2010, 02:32 PM
Quote:
Everything is a waste of time.
Understand that and there is nothing to get worked up about.
how can you say everything is a waste of time. by that logic life is meaningless. and there is plenty in the world to get worked up over. in this particualar case its a privacy issue and a lack of respect from both parties.
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-10-2010, 02:42 PM
Quote:
I came across this while browsing around and wondered, what would I do if my girlfriend did this to me with my STO or CO accounts?

I don't think I would destroy anything but I would find other more subtle ways to be just as vindictive, like cutting up her bank and credit cards and throwing away all of her favorite CDs and DVDs.

What would you do?

Theres a reason my wife doesnt know my passwords!
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-10-2010, 02:54 PM
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-10-2010, 03:02 PM
Quote:

What would you do?

my ex-girlfriend tried wiping my computer/videogame accounts once..... she spent 2 months in jail for identity theft, had to pay me damages, and is now on probation and has a restraining order =3...
the most HILLARIOUS part about this is everythingy she removed was pretty much the extent of cleaning out my recycle bin and was more helpful then hinderance >_>;