Lt. Commander
# 21
06-12-2010, 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chat
Paying for the game. Not the actual character.

But ehh... We all react differently. Some more than others. :p
(we call them men having their periods)
Who hasn't seen evidence of this? David actually gets my cravings
Lt. Commander
# 22 What would I do?
06-12-2010, 02:10 PM
I would actually thank my wife if she did that. Why?

Because it would remind me, once again, that when I swore 20 years ago to never ever ever trust any woman ever again, that I was right to do so.

Guys, here's a tip from an old man: love 'em, but never ever ever trust them. Not with your passwords, your car, and especially not with your money. Ever. I don't care what they say. And no, she's not different.

Screenshot this post and keep it. In a few years I guarantee that you'll say to yourself - "Self! You should have listened to the Falcon."
Lt. Commander
# 23
06-12-2010, 02:28 PM
Peregrine_Falcon

They may tell themselves that but to say all women should not be trusted is utter ignorance stemming from old fashioned chauvinistic opinions. Given access to any of those things any person can and just may taken advantage of it given the right combination of moral compass and circumstances. To even insinuate such behavior is common to one gender is asinine. You are a pig for exposing the community to your chauvinism even jokingly.
Lt. Commander
# 24
06-12-2010, 02:38 PM
This is why I simply trust no man or woman with any important or unimportant password and I never will.

Its not a gender issue, its the fact that its unacceptable for any living thing or machine for that matter to have any memory or record of my passwords.

The only person you should ever trust with a password is yourself. Thats plain and simple security.

Don't let it become some ridiculous gender issue, or any issue short of common sense.
Thats all it is.
Common. Sense.
Lt. Commander
# 25
06-12-2010, 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capulet View Post
You are a pig for exposing the community to your chauvinism even jokingly.
I wasn't joking.
Lt. Commander
# 26
06-12-2010, 02:58 PM
The problem is if you take into acount the time sent playing in some states that would would be grand larceny if the time is figured at $10 an hour played.. Now busting up his own computer is plain dumb!
Lt. Commander
# 27
06-12-2010, 04:36 PM
I wouldn't go as far as going into a rage fit. But I'd leave him/her immediately, depending on why. If it was just a one-time joke, knowing that you can restore the items/characters with the help of a GM (at least in WoW), then perhaps not. But other than that, that's a serious abuse of trust and if it starts there, where does it end? It's not about the the game or the loss of virtual stuff. It's about trust, which you can't really anymore once something like that happens.
Lt. Commander
# 28
06-13-2010, 03:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine_Falcon View Post

Because it would remind me, once again, that when I swore 20 years ago to never ever ever trust any woman ever again, that I was right to do so.

Guys, here's a tip from an old man: love 'em, but never ever ever trust them. Not with your passwords, your car, and especially not with your money. Ever. I don't care what they say. And no, she's not different.

Screenshot this post and keep it. In a few years I guarantee that you'll say to yourself - "Self! You should have listened to the Falcon."
*hums a certain "Let's be happy let's be..." song*

Also... Sun is in the clouds and a chance for rain. I love days like these. *eats her ice cream*
Lt. Commander
# 29
06-13-2010, 07:53 AM
I agree with Chat.

Although he might have had quite alot of stuff and he won't be able to do missions with his high level friends anymore, he can still make another character. Or better yet spend time with his girlfriend, why she's still with him is beyond me or even how he got her in the first place.

Thats why CO and STO rule because even if you toon gets deleted you can still get all the stuff you had before no ultra RARE drops he might have to do special things to get back again.
Lt. Commander
# 30
06-13-2010, 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine_Falcon View Post

Bitter much?

Generalisations are of no use when describing an individual.