Lt. Commander
Hello. All i wanted to do was try the offline demo. I downloaded the demo unmetered from my isp bigpond. extracted and installed fine. so the game loads and i realise i need account and key. so i create an account but cannot obtain a key. "Your account does not qualify for the demo."

I have read about 10 threads relating to this topic but no definite answer. I reinstalled and it auto loads the free demo start page but says Your account does not qualify for the demo. So any advice before i give up?? btw i think its ridiculous to need a key for an offline demo.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-10-2010, 04:41 PM
The 'Key' represents your 'access rights' to STO. So... Did you get that Demo key??? If not, you can get one here... http://www.startrekonline.com/demo
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-10-2010, 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grouchy.Otaku
The 'Key' represents your 'access rights' to STO. So... Did you get that Demo key??? If not, you can get one here... http://www.startrekonline.com/demo
I certainly tried. Since posting i havent changed or done nothing, yet it has miraculously appeared in my account page as demo activated! I first tried yesterday evening. I dont understand it but its working now. Thankyou for your help anyway. LLaP.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-10-2010, 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexmcph View Post
I certainly tried. Since posting i havent changed or done nothing, yet it has miraculously appeared in my account page as demo activated! I first tried yesterday evening. I dont understand it but its working now. Thankyou for your help anyway. LLaP.
Sounds like you encountered a 'processing' lag in the account server... well All's well that End's well, and enjoy your Demo....