Lt. Commander
# 61
08-29-2010, 09:02 PM
Any clue how to find those Capital Ships? I've spent an hour searching at Outpost 3 and Deferi Patrol and can't find squat.
Lt. Commander
# 62
08-29-2010, 09:20 PM
Holy jeebus! I thought I was nearly done with the accolades with my score at ~5300, and apparently I'm nowhere close to done! I had no idea there were some for sector defense (I never did them more than twice in any sector), nor for all the explorations (only did each one once as I leveled). Guess I have a LOT of backtracking to do.

Also not sure on a few, like "defeat Klingon player captains" as it hasn't been going up for me at all in months. I wonder how they expect us to complete some of the RA daily mission and PvP ones if we're VAs now (especially since some of them weren't even available long enough TO get done).
Lt. Commander
# 63
08-30-2010, 12:49 AM
BrooklnKnight, I think the are spawned randomly in the instance so if you don't see them at first, they're not gonna be there later. Thus, you will likely have to do many dailies before you can find all 3. I think I was just fortunate to have found one of the capital ships my first time through.

There's at 9100+ accolade points possible, but at least 4 of these 400+ accolades are currently bugged (Aid the Deferi and the 3 PvP dailies once you get to VA). To Defeat Klingon Player Captains you must do ground arenas, assaults, or war zones and kill (simply enough) Klingon players (note that PvE kills do not count for this accolade). If you're doing this and it's still not increasing, I can only suggest submiting a bug report.
Lt. Commander
# 64
08-30-2010, 05:22 AM
Thanks for the info.

Don't forget to join the Accolades channel!
Lt. Commander
# 65
08-30-2010, 05:31 AM
Breen Capital Punishment - Destroy the 3 Breen capital ships Istapp, Desna, Snosk

I'm just wondering how you find these 3 captial ships.
Lt. Commander
# 66
08-30-2010, 06:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhyrexianHero
There's at 9100+ accolade points possible, but at least 4 of these 400+ accolades are currently bugged (Aid the Deferi and the 3 PvP dailies once you get to VA). To Defeat Klingon Player Captains you must do ground arenas, assaults, or war zones and kill (simply enough) Klingon players (note that PvE kills do not count for this accolade). If you're doing this and it's still not increasing, I can only suggest submiting a bug report.
Ah hah, that must be why, then. Thanks for filling me in. Kinda weird that only assault map PvP matches count towards it, as far as space combat goes.
Lt. Commander
# 67
08-30-2010, 06:30 AM
You basically have to be in the right time and place. The Breen Capital Punishment reads:
Quote:
This accolade will complete when you or your team have defeated the following Breen Capital Ships: The Desna, The Istapp, and The Snosk.
The Desna is often sighted patrolling near Deferi Outpost 3.
The Istapp is often sighted near Kelvani Belt colonies.
The Snosk is often sighted in the Defera Sector, stalking Deferi Patrols.
When the text of the accolade says to kill Klingon Player Captains it is only for ground missions, not space.
Lt. Commander
# 68
08-30-2010, 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allerka View Post
Holy jeebus! I thought I was nearly done with the accolades with my score at ~5300...
I just crested 6000 (my signature has current score) a couple days ago. I just keep finding more! If you want to "target" certain Accolades, press J and click on the Accolade Tab, then change the All to In Progress, and you can see which 'lades you have that are started, but not finished. Whenever I'm between Dailies, Missions, etc, and have "nothing to do" (or I just want a change of pace), I'll check my 'lades screen and go do whatever I can to try and complete one (or just get it up). I'm really trying to get to at least "Combatant Level" on all my Defends... I hate the idea thinking my VA is a "Rookie" at anything. LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhyrexianHero
...There's at 9100+ accolade points possible, but at least 4 of these 400+ accolades are currently bugged (Aid the Deferi and the 3 PvP dailies once you get to VA). To Defeat Klingon Player Captains you must do ground arenas, assaults, or war zones and kill (simply enough) Klingon players (note that PvE kills do not count for this accolade). If you're doing this and it's still not increasing, I can only suggest submiting a bug report.
PhyrexianHero (MTG fan?), clearly you've got this 'lade thing down (seeing your signature score, wow, congrats!)... I too just discovered this weekend that I can't get my Jump Into the Fray and a couple other PvP 'lades to advance anymore. It's unfortunate cuz I'm real close on a couple. I hope Cryptic can fix this.

I did Aiding the Deferi by myself "officially" on Saturday and again Sunday (so twice), and on Sat I did it twice more teaming up with Friends, and teamed again for a "fifth" time on Sun. I'm not sure if the team-ups would count towards the 'lade, since it wasn't *my* mission, but I should still have 2/5, right? I didn't notice it on my Tab at all. Is that what you mean about bugged? How did you find Tipping the Scales?

Speaking of Teaming. I don't know if this is known or not: No matter which Team member scans/repairs the satellites, you still get counts on your Deferi Satellite Repairman. I also noticed with space kills, that if a teammate kills a ship, you don't get credit for the kill on your accolade unless you've also done some damage to the foe (I need to confirm the ground kills, I expect it will be the same and will proceed as though it is, until I confirm otherwise). So if you all want to share in all the kills, at the on-set of battle, take one quick shot at each ship, then you can proceed to battle however you like.

I'll really have to watch for that Captial Punishment one. I don't think I've seen any of those ships, but will certainly watch for them. Thanks for the details on where to (best/hopefully) find them.

Is it possible to go to any of those sectors and engage in combat with Breen ships without being on a Mission? Any suggestions on how to get more ground Breen kills? I don't foresee getting close to 1000, on three story missions (I've done the first one three times and I'm at just about 200).

One last thing PhyrexianHero (or anyone who knows), have you any idea how I can complete my Blooded Accolade? Details here:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=176718
Lt. Commander
# 69
08-30-2010, 04:59 PM
The most updated accolade list I've seen is at http://stowiki.org/Accolade and lists the over 400 accolades known. The PvP daily accolades like Jump into the Fray are currently bugged for once you advance to VA and I've been reporting this issue for several weeks, but no news yet on a dev working to get this fixed. Charting the B'Tran only counts for the RA version and not the VA one, but at least this is accessible to Vice Admirals.

Tipping the Scales is bugged in that it will not give you credit for doing the mission more than once (e.g. you do the daily every day for a week and it'll be reading 1/5 the whole time). I just got lucky to find one of the capital ships and have not seen any others since. You can only engage in combat with the Breen ships if you're in a mission, at present. I got the "Cold Hearted" accolade (kill 1000 Breen) by redoing the Unwelcome Visitors portion of Cold Call *many* times. If you beam out it will reset within 5 minutes.

In order to get credit for kills, you must cause damage to them, although not necessarily the death blow. The only time you can get credit without doing damage is if its your Bridge Officers that do the damage.

To get the Federation ship kills (Blooded, War Hero, Order of the Bat'leth), there is only one mission available to a Federation captain and that is Crack in the Mirror: O'Briens's Folly. You should hit the ISS Molly before it warps out,then destroy 2 of the 3 Mirror Universe ships,then warp out. This will give you credit for 3 Federation kills. You must then repeat it 66 times to complete all three accolades.
Lt. Commander
# 70
08-30-2010, 05:11 PM
They answered you in that thread. Crack in the Mirror, Obriens Folly is the only place to get credit. The same answer lies in the first post in this thread as well. I'm always up for farming those ships, or the Fed Ground because I havn't finished them yet. Join the Accolades Channel and hit me up.