Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
06-11-2010, 05:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildmugato View Post
I would understand this this thread if it was in a SPIDERMAN Forum web site..But what is it doing here? Oh I forgot,this site is suppose to be about STO..Are you guys that bored? and who cares if spiderman is black or white...he should be a Klingon in my book..! That would be interesting !
This is 10F, the only thing you can't talk about is spanky spots...and something else that got deleted.
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-11-2010, 06:11 AM
This is all very confusing.

So, Mace Windu was a Nazi Jedi and he killed Stan Lee because he wasn't cast as Spider-Man?

Rubbish. Rubbish, I say.

We all know Peter Parker can be portrayed by non-other-than this guy!
Lt. Commander
# 13
06-11-2010, 06:13 AM
It makes no sense to have a spiderman that wasn't the classic Peter Parker.

Now before it is suggested the Pres is a racist, this is not the case. The comic books and newspaper comic strips over the years established what Peter looked like a long time ago, and while there are African American super heroes Spiderman is not one.

This is no different than taking a novel's character that is well described and changing their race. Examples include a Halo live action and making Avery Johnson a Caucasian guy or making that ghastly Edward on Twilight Hispanic or African American.... or even let's say a Russian Picard, complete with accent. Yeah. Think about that.

If they want to make a movie with an African American hero, just make a new hero! I remember a show a long time ago that game on after a Ghostbusters cartoon that I religiously watched. I wasn't a fan of it but it could work, was called Static Shock.
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-11-2010, 06:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morfaz
This is all very confusing.

So, Mace Windu was a Nazi Jedi and he killed Stan Lee because he wasn't cast as Spider-Man?

Rubbish. Rubbish, I say.

We all know Peter Parker can be portrayed by non-other-than this guy!
Wow.....just...wow. Not sure much can be said about that pic.
Lt. Commander
# 15
06-11-2010, 06:49 AM
Now that's a movie Donald Glover should pitch for, I can totally see him playing Static Shock.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1...hock_super.jpg

Now I am not saying he can't play Spider-man, but why not do something even more different. I am sure DC would love to get another Hero of there's on the main screen.
Lt. Commander
# 16
06-11-2010, 06:52 AM
I wonder how many of us who would not go and see Spider-man played by Donald Glover would be accused of being racist? I hate this new world we are careening towards.
Lt. Commander
# 17
06-11-2010, 07:48 AM
You know the whole story is based on a radioactive spider bite. I always wondered why couldn't this same spider run off and bite someone else.

You could still have your main Spiderman, then you could have any other guy be like him. If that same spider bite them too.

All I am saying the door was left out for years, and no one took the ball and ran with it, so why can't you make a new movie, that explores this story a little deeper, and show more than one guy gettting effected by this same spider.
Lt. Commander
# 18
06-11-2010, 07:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Cedric View Post
Now that's a movie Donald Glover should pitch for, I can totally see him playing Static Shock.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1...hock_super.jpg

Now I am not saying he can't play Spider-man, but why not do something even more different. I am sure DC would love to get another Hero of there's on the main screen.
It's why I said it, he looks like an older Static, you know like after he got outta High School like in the comics and TV show.

Everyone once and a while I get these rare little good ideas among the spontaneous "Hey, what happens if I stick my finger in a light socket" ideas, or "schemes" even.
Lt. Commander
# 19
06-11-2010, 09:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Cedric View Post
Yes, but the new film's setting is in high school, so I don't see the Spiderman Noir coming into play.

BTW I agree they should have an open casting for the role, and don't limited to the standard we seen in the past.

Heck is they can have a Japanese Wolverine, then why not an African-American Spider-man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DsQT2tYSdk
Anime Wolverine versus ninjas and Anime Gozer? I am so there!
Lt. Commander
# 20
06-11-2010, 09:56 AM
If the movie is good and the actor is good, it'll work regardless of race. If not, it matters not and will suck regardless of actor and race.