Lt. Commander
# 1 Declare your Nemesis!
06-11-2010, 08:26 AM
In this thread, you declare you nemesis.

The rules:

1. It has to be someone from these forums.
2. You have to give a reason why.
3. Try not to be too mean. Nemesis have feelings too.
4. You can only have one Nemesis. (Unless you fall in love with said Nemesis at a later time, then you can pick a new one.)
5. You have to start with: "<your nemesis' name>, I declare you my Nemesis!" Or else it doesn't count and you you'll be flogged and boo'd handily by a hairy muppet. Also, because I said so.

I'll start.

President_Shinzon, I declare you my Nemesis! Because your name has a _ in it. Also, you have a habit of replying to post just after mine but you never reply directly to me and my wit is lost on you. *Bites President_Shinzon on the butt.*

Have fun!

Record of Nemesis Declarations!
CAPTWinters : SaintHazard
Chat : Morfaz
Ravenstein : Morfaz
Captain_Zero : Captain_Revo
ericajoanne : SPACEFORK
AlexMcCallie : ericajoanne
Obsidian_Phoenix76 : SaintHazard
Ashur1 : Chat

Record of Failed Nemesis Declarations!
Captain_Revo : Rule 5
1701LivesOn: Rule 5
Capulet : Rule 5
President_Shinzon : Rule 5
Vrano : Rule 5
Captain_Zero : Rule 4
SaintHazard : Rule 4
gx4th : Rule 5

Edit: Had to get help with the rules cuz I never learned my numbers. Edit 2: Keeping score is fun and informing! I have to live up to Chat's expectations.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-11-2010, 08:29 AM
mine is Captain_Zero because its far to close to my name and is clearly a mirror version of me
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-11-2010, 08:30 AM
For all intents and purposes, mine would have to be Capulet. She always finds some kind of flaw to rub in my face, and frankly, she's irritating.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-11-2010, 08:32 AM
So far I have defeated not just one nemesis, but two! That Gungan Guy has been missing since I last disposed of him in the badger tank. And Daevan, who disappeared under 'mysterious circumstances', has been impantried until I decide how he is to die.

So now, let's go with Morfaz as my new nemesis.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-11-2010, 08:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenstein View Post
So far I have defeated not just one nemesis, but two! That Gungan Guy has been missing since I last disposed of him in the badger tank. And Daevan, who disappeared under 'mysterious circumstances', has been impantried until I decide how he is to die.

So now, let's go with Morfaz as my new nemesis.
*Floggs*
*Boos*

All three of you broke rule 5!

It doesn't count, Ravenstein! Besides, I really like your taste in anime/video game avatars. Also, see, I put hidden text here for you!
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-11-2010, 08:41 AM
SaintHazard, I declare you my Nemesis! Because you have begrudged the good names of Capulet, Ravenstein and our Dear Lady Platypi's name. Also, just like shinzon does to Morfaz you have a habit of replying to post just after mine but you never reply directly to me and my wit is lost on you. I shall refrain from biting you though. Good to you sir.

I said GOOD DAY! :p
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-11-2010, 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morfaz
*Floggs*
*Boos*

All three of you broke rule 5!

It doesn't count, Ravenstein! Besides, I really like your taste in anime/video game avatars. Also, see, I put hidden text here for you!
the edit to your post at 7.35 makes me think number 5 just turned up
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-11-2010, 08:42 AM
Morfaz, I declare you my Nemesis!
Allow me the honor of giving you a brief lesson in Morfaz's many imperious attributes. I want to share this with you because you don't have to say anything specifically about Morfaz for him to start attacking you. All you have to do is dare to imply that we should take off the kid gloves and vent some real anger at him. It is my fundamental belief that by casting dissent as treason and criticism as espionage, Morfaz is telegraphing his intentions to sensationalize all of the issues. Maybe he just can't handle harsh reality.

Morfaz's compeers are unified under a common goal. That goal is to preach hatred. Morfaz's legatees remain largely silent when asked about the correlative connecting Morfaz to feudalism. The rare times they do deign to comment they invariably skew the issue to prevent people from realizing that responsibility is an alien concept to Morfaz—and Morfaz knows it. Did it ever occur to him that maybe he is bound to have a rude awakening when he finally realizes how few people approve of his loud, illogical conclusions? Dream on.

Stick your nose into anything Morfaz has written recently, and you'll get a good whiff of illaudable Maoism. Even leaving aside the thorny matter of divining the varying proportion of his connivance, acquiescence, foreknowledge, exploitation, and incompetence in subverting existing lines of power and information, we can state the following as an established fact: Morfaz is not interested in what is true and what is false or in what is good and what is evil. In fact, those distinctions have no meaning to him whatsoever. The only thing that has any meaning to Morfaz is racism. Why? I'm sure you already know the answer so I won't bother repeating it. I'd like to emphasize, however, that there is more at play here than Morfaz's purely political game of advocating measures that others criticize for being excessively fickle. There are ideologies at work, hidden agendas to impose tremendous hardships on tens of thousands of decent, hard-working individuals. As if you didn't know, he decries or dismisses capitalism, technology, industrialization, and systems of government borne of Enlightenment ideas about the dignity and freedom of human beings. These are the things that Morfaz fears because they are wedded to individual initiative and responsibility.

Morfaz ought to unstop his ears and uncover his eyes. Only then will he hear that to which he has been too long heedless. Only then will Morfaz see that the objection may still be raised that everyone who doesn't share his beliefs is a lawless bonehead deserving of death and damnation. At first glance this sounds almost believable yet the following must be borne in mind: His anti-democratic dream is starting to come true. Liberties are being killed by attrition. Chauvinism is being installed by accretion. The only way that we can reverse these disaffected, pestiferous trends is to raise the quality of debate on issues surrounding Morfaz's militant, quasi-unambitious credos. To be precise, it would be great if we could face our problems realistically, get to the root of our problems, and be determined to solve them. Still, if we take a step, just a step, towards addressing the issue of antiheroism, then maybe we can open people's eyes (including our own) to a vision of how to present a noble vision of who we were, who we are, and who we can potentially be.

I must emphasize this because if five years ago I had described a person like Morfaz to you and told you that in five years he'd blacklist his enemies as terrorist sympathizers or traitors, you'd have thought me unsavory. You'd have laughed at me and told me it couldn't happen. So it is useful now to note that, first, it has happened and, second, to try to understand how it happened and how he has never satisfactorily proved his assertion that he can convince criminals to fill out an application form before committing a crime. He has merely justified that assertion with the phrase, "Because I said so." Finally, this has been a good deal of reading, and unquestionably difficult reading at that. Still, I hope you walk away from it with the new knowledge that Morfaz's activities are nothing short of brutish.

*buffs nails on shirt*
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-11-2010, 08:43 AM
Captain_Revo, I declare ya mine Nemesis! Ya tried to kill me when I was dicator!
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-11-2010, 08:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Zero
Captain_Revo, I declare ya mine Nemesis! Ya tried to kill me when I was dicator!
Pop quiz, hotshot. There's a bomb on a bus. Once the bus goes 50 miles an hour, the bomb is armed. If it drops below 50, it blows up. What do you do? What do you do?