Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
06-13-2010, 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HadynGabriel
A drawback would be fine, but how can you justify torpedos passing through full shields?
To make the skill balance? Is that not a good enough justification.

One thing I think would work, is there are those Undine ships that absorb all attacks, I think it would be great if someone has RSP up then people attacking it would see the "ABSORBED" tick off the ship, this would let them know they're really not helping by shooting them, because as of now it's really hard to tell if someone has RSP up because the animation for the skill is so subtle, the only way to tell is by looking at the bar for the ship, even then there are several other skills that have the same icon as RSP.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
06-13-2010, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HadynGabriel
A drawback would be fine, but how can you justify torpedos passing through full shields?
the shields have REVERSED polarity, normally they resist kinetik damage quite well, but energy damages them, reverse it and you get what?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
06-13-2010, 11:10 AM
Personally, I think RSP should just be changed completely to something like this:
1.) Immunity to Tractor Beam
2.) Immunity to Spatial Anomolies such as Black Holes and Tyken's Rift
3.) Decrease Bleed damage by 50%
4.) Increase Shield Damage Resistance by 25%
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
06-13-2010, 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cursix
Personally, I think RSP should just be changed completely to something like this:
1.) Immunity to Tractor Beam
2.) Immunity to Spatial Anomolies such as Black Holes and Tyken's Rift
3.) Decrease Bleed damage by 50%
4.) Increase Shield Damage Resistance by 25%
Possibly, the problem with RSP is the more people attacking you, the better the skill works, every other single survivability skill in only so effective, but RSP can keep you alive even if a whole fleet is focus firing you.

I do like the idea of shield bleed increase tho, shield bleed in this game is already laughable.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
06-13-2010, 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellfxxx
the shields have REVERSED polarity, normally they resist kinetik damage quite well, but energy damages them, reverse it and you get what?
A true reversal would swap damage potential. So resistant to Energy, weak to kinetic (no refilling the shield energy & not having torps bypass the shields).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cursix
Personally, I think RSP should just be changed completely to something like this:
1.) Immunity to Tractor Beam
2.) Immunity to Spatial Anomolies such as Black Holes and Tyken's Rift
I guess that is pretty much how it was used on TV, especially Voyager.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
06-13-2010, 12:36 PM
well if energy is healing shields torps should bypass them. i`d prefer the "true" reverse you said=good against energy - bad against kinetic.

but anyway i think rsp is only part of the problem, i think the resistance the heals give is maybe a bit too much and the stacking of it causes problems too. but well actually i dunno arena is still ok. fights are interesting and fun, but capture and hold gets kinda uniteresting as theres no real good action and games tend to be pretty long, and you donīt have a feeling you can influence much... many reasons. ramming speed should be taken out of the game or changed and then a little decrease to resistance stuff...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
06-13-2010, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey_Ghost
A true reversal would swap damage potential. So resistant to Energy, weak to kinetic (no refilling the shield energy & not having torps bypass the shields).
I like this approach.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
06-13-2010, 02:27 PM
It is threads like this that causes the "Nerf-bat" to come out and play, and then NOONE is happy.
How about we just play the game and report "Bugs." Instead of thinking that we have the best idea changes in game?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
06-13-2010, 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackMagnum
How about we just play the game and report "Bugs." Instead of thinking that we have the best idea changes in game?
Because it is the right of paying customers to voice their opinion; what's wrong with that?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
09-04-2010, 07:02 AM
The only change I'd like to see with RSP are the graphics.

Get rid of the ugly green **** and make it look like the Crimto invulnerability shield they always open up with on their cruisers.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:02 AM.