Lt. Commander
# 1 Currencies, and Values.
06-11-2010, 02:12 PM
Some of the Currencies used in game are more difficult to understand than others.

Energy Credits = to Dollars, Euro's, Rubles, Yen, or what ever else you may be using. Can be used to buy a second, third or fourth ship, and outfit it with equipment. Simple enough.

Skill Points: Both Personal and Staff = Ability to train yourself and your staff to improve the individual abilities.

Badges: (Multiple Levels, and Multiple Categories) = Purchase Ship Equipment at ship yard. (may have others I have not yet found)

Star Fleet Merits = ?????

Most of the currencies are simple enough to understand, and find out where and how to use, but in the four weeks I have been playing, I have found no place to spend Sat Fleet Merits. What are they, how do they get used in game??

Also, while I am on the values of things, all of the Anomalies throughout the galaxy, is there a place, say, Memory Alpha, or elsewhere that these things can be used productively?? Is there a terminal in MA where they could advance your research projects or something like that?? So far the only value I have found in them is to be able to complete a mission, then dump them.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-11-2010, 02:35 PM
Star Fleet Merits: (Used to puchase BO Skills from the Training Officer, Common BO Purchases, and to promote BOs to a higher Rank)
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-11-2010, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar_Searcher
Most of the currencies are simple enough to understand, and find out where and how to use, but in the four weeks I have been playing, I have found no place to spend Sat Fleet Merits. What are they, how do they get used in game??

Also, while I am on the values of things, all of the Anomalies throughout the galaxy, is there a place, say, Memory Alpha, or elsewhere that these things can be used productively?? Is there a terminal in MA where they could advance your research projects or something like that?? So far the only value I have found in them is to be able to complete a mission, then dump them.
Merits buy (common) bridge officers, BOff power retraining, BOff promotions, respecs, and ship renames. I suspect that they're meant to represent Starfleet brownie points -- How well you've "played the game" in the Starfleet bureaucracy.

And yes, anomalous data samples are part of the Memory Alpha "crafting system". (For sufficiently vague definition of "crafting".) You should have gotten the "Scientific Mandate" mission from Quinn around Lt/3 which sends you to talk to Commander Romaine, who introduces the system.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-11-2010, 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gym_Quirk
Merits buy (common) bridge officers, BOff power retraining, BOff promotions, respecs, and ship renames. I suspect that they're meant to represent Starfleet brownie points -- How well you've "played the game" in the Starfleet bureaucracy.

And yes, anomalous data samples are part of the Memory Alpha "crafting system". (For sufficiently vague definition of "crafting".) You should have gotten the "Scientific Mandate" mission* from Quinn around Lt/3 which sends you to talk to Commander Romaine, who introduces the system.
*I recall one mission where I had to take some Element samples of some sort to memory Alpha, and had to deposit them into a console in one corner. I have gone back with different items since, and find no place to drop or leave them. What would the cash in process entail? If I recall, the drop console was in one corner of the lower level Main room.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-11-2010, 05:28 PM
Quote:
*I recall one mission where I had to take some Element samples of some sort to memory Alpha, and had to deposit them into a console in one corner. I have gone back with different items since, and find no place to drop or leave them. What would the cash in process entail? If I recall, the drop console was in one corner of the lower level Main room.
Talk to Romaine. She's supposed to give you an overview of the basic process.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-11-2010, 11:52 PM
This is all covered in the text you get from various NPCs at Spacedock. Which are part of the Mission process since you get missions from Quinn that send you directly to these NPCs to talk to them specifically about these things when you first get there right after the tutorial.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-12-2010, 05:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
This is all covered in the text you get from various NPCs at Spacedock. Which are part of the Mission process since you get missions from Quinn that send you directly to these NPCs to talk to them specifically about these things when you first get there right after the tutorial.
Ok, next leg I do not remember seeing the info about ship drops. Some items are Orange, and some are White. I can take the Orange ones, but can bump into the white ones and can not take them, Why??
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-12-2010, 08:44 AM
Quote:
Ok, next leg I do not remember seeing the info about ship drops. Some items are Orange, and some are White. I can take the Orange ones, but can bump into the white ones and can not take them, Why??
Yellow drops are yours to gather. (Team looting rules may modify this.)

White drops belong to other players.
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-12-2010, 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gym_Quirk
Yellow drops are yours to gather. (Team looting rules may modify this.)

White drops belong to other players.
Ah Ha, is that the reason when I see an Yellow one, often another player will zip by me in Cruise, and take it before I can get there??

Really, I thought White might have a Team, or Fleet, based connection.
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-12-2010, 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
Well, there are Dozens and Dozens of different NPC's. in different places. each telling you little quips of info that eventually merge into a mess, until enough play has gone by that one finally learns these things. I played another game with MMO, for over 6 years, and could tell anyone any information they wanted to know. I have only been on this game a bit over 3 weeks. Not long enough to get it all down yet. Sorry.

IMO, There should be an informational manual, at least in PDF On-Line, or in paper form, for players to have this and other game related info in text form. For the cost of most computer programs like this, they come with at least, a digital Manual. This one, for $60.00 and a $300.00 LTK, Does Not.