Lt. Commander
# 11
06-12-2010, 08:35 PM
I don't think we have sent people to E3 in a while now. For a small company like Cryptic (at least compared to people like Sony or Nintendo) we just don't have the spare brain cycles (or sacks of cash) to really put time into it. Our priority is the game, and it just wouldn't be a good use of our resources to try and outdo the various giants. Would you rather the artists spend a week making booth scrolls or ships? ;-)
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-12-2010, 09:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coderanger
I don't think we have sent people to E3 in a while now. For a small company like Cryptic (at least compared to people like Sony or Nintendo) we just don't have the spare brain cycles (or sacks of cash) to really put time into it. Our priority is the game, and it just wouldn't be a good use of our resources to try and outdo the various giants. Would you rather the artists spend a week making booth scrolls or ships? ;-)
I think coderanger hit it on the head.

Ships and bread on every Captain's table!
Lt. Commander
# 13
06-12-2010, 10:05 PM
Quote:
Depends, will those ships be available in the game or do I have to purchase them on the C-Store?
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-12-2010, 10:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talonsin View Post
Depends, will those ships be available in the game or do I have to purchase them on the C-Store?
We will be getting enhancements to existing ships (thanks to CaptLogan) and new ships for the next tier.

I'm sure a few c-store variants are in there somewhere but, hey, we're getting more than we give next month.
Lt. Commander
# 15
06-12-2010, 11:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talonsin View Post
Zing!!! lol
Lt. Commander
# 16
06-13-2010, 05:27 AM
Quote:
Yeah its a fair point, before STO i was aware of Cryptic but never really followed much of what they had done so wasnt sure if they had a presense at E3 at all. Of course id rather have the resources used wisely and put into the game but it would have been kinda cool to see someone representing the game at the show. I agree though, with Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft taking up huge amounts of floor space its kinda hard to get noticed.
Lt. Commander
# 17
06-13-2010, 11:16 AM
What about ComicCon SD in July? I really hope you guys are there as I will be there too. It'd be nice to meet some of you.
Lt. Commander
# 18
06-13-2010, 12:38 PM
Quote:
What about ComicCon SD in July? I really hope you guys are there as I will be there too. It'd be nice to meet some of you.
I don't know about an official presence, but last year I think about half the company was there for their own enjoyment :-)
Lt. Commander
# 19
06-13-2010, 01:48 PM
Quote:
I'll go to E3 for ya. It won't even cost you more than a hotel room and bar tab, couple of shots and I'll PR the hell out of the game.
Lt. Commander
# 20
06-13-2010, 01:53 PM
Quote:
I don't know about an official presence, but last year I think about half the company was there for their own enjoyment :-)
Ironic. As a comic book artist who's freelance, and not based in New York, scaring up steady work is pretty hit or miss. But since I'm a small operation, like you guys and gals with E3, I can't always make the big cons. Like San Diego. So I understand where you're coming from in your first post. But am now way too green with envy at your SD presence. Curse you all!