Lt. Commander
I'm a tourist from the alternate reality of LOTRO. I've always been fond of Star Trek and recently got a subscription. I'm quite active in LOTRO as a roleplayer and kin-leader, but I'd like to explore around STO and drink in the universe.

Can anyone recommend a good fleet that has encourages IC chat and a bit of light RP? I tend to be a casual gamer that likes to play her character on occasion.

--Harper
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-03-2011, 09:49 PM
Hi and welcome to STO

I'm not familiar with IC chat, but we have a few RP and an entire forum section dedicated to it and we have a RP channel in game that some of our members use in addition to the many other RP channels that exist.

12th Fleet is a gaming community that has one main goal and that is to have fun together, we place real life first and allows for a very casual play style that I think will be perfect for you since you play LOTRO and are a kin-leader that can keep you away from STO if you are needed in LOTRO.

You can take a look at our site http://12th-fleet.com and fill out an application if you like what you see.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-04-2011, 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enterprise-D View Post
I'm not familiar with IC chat, but we have a few RP and an entire forum section dedicated to it and we have a RP channel in game that some of our members use in addition to the many other RP channels that exist.
In Character (IC) chat as opposed to Out of Character (OOC) chat. Its basically just RP on the chat channels, and it sounds like you do that already!

--Harp
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-04-2011, 11:52 AM
I myself aren't very familiar to RP since I don't get involved in it, but you can contact Nishka (on the STO or our forums) if you want some more details regarding the RP in 12th fleet.

You can also sign up and give it a try.

And here are some of the RP stories that we have had in the past.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-04-2011, 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by harperhendee View Post
I'm a tourist from the alternate reality of LOTRO. I've always been fond of Star Trek and recently got a subscription. I'm quite active in LOTRO as a roleplayer and kin-leader, but I'd like to explore around STO and drink in the universe.

Can anyone recommend a good fleet that has encourages IC chat and a bit of light RP? I tend to be a casual gamer that likes to play her character on occasion.

--Harper
Psi Aquarri Fleet is Recruiting Now!

Backstory:

Gladius 500 was abandoned after multiple Micro-Ultritium Bombs were placed around the Star base's Generator and set off, effectively leaving the station dead in space and just as dark. Many were injured, and unfortunately a few causalities as well.

But now, now, we have regrouped, forged and pounded from the fires of the old station, to this new station, one that will cool our blades, we shall come back stronger, this only preparing us for the next fight that comes ahead.

Within the Psi Aquarri Star Cluster, a new base set deep within a cold blue nebula had finished being constructed, nicknamed the "Anglerfish". It was a project for the Starfleet Corps of Engineers to build within the nebula, but it was worth it, for the station has a naturally occurring early-detection system due to the nebula's unique property, as well as no known cloaking or external holographic ability works within the confides of the nebula.

A quick list of what we have to offer:

* Roleplaying Chat Channel In Game
* TeamSpeak Server With 512 Capacity
* Active members
* Fleet Forum
* Fleet Bank By Rank && W/ Crafting
* STF's, PvP, PvE
* Weekly podcast
* Departmental Positions
* Friendly && Laid Back People
* Structure, But Not So Much That You Can't Enjoy The Game
* Leveling
* Builds
* Joking Around
* Good laughs
* A Radio Station For Your Leisure
* . . . and instead of Cookies or Brownies, We Aim To Please... So Grab A Bite of Whatever You Wish to eat or drink, and enjoy the show

Membership Requirements:

* Teamspeak (Even if you do not have a mic, there is chatting in the server itself, it helps to be on the server especially when doing STF's, PvP, Missions and that sort of thing.
* Activity (We require you login to your main and alt on a bi-weekly, or every other week basis. This allows us to eliminate dead weight)
* Fleet Forum (Please utilize the fleet forums as a method of communications, as well as in game mail and fleet chat)
* Fleet Channels (We have a list of Fleet Channels your required to have, you will be invited in game, and walked through how to add them)
* Fleet Events (Its all about Teamwork, when we have a fleet event, like a joint fleet event, or an alliance social event, your required to be there to represent our fleet)
* 18+ (We Require You to be 18+ as this is a mature adult community, however certain exceptions will be approved by fleet admirals)
* To Have Fun! (What point would it be to have you in a fleet if you were not able to enjoy yourself, and have fun??)

We are allied with some of the best in Starfleet. We are Allied with Gods of War, and are friendly with 12th Fleet. We are also friendly to 23rd Fleet, one of the oldest fleets in Starfleet.

Join Us HERE: http://psiaquarrifleet.webs.com/memb...pplication.htm and HERE: http://psiaquarrifleet.webs.com/apps...deration-fleet

Feel Free to Hang Out On TS, Give us a try, or PM @Cassanova007 or @eeb3 for an invite to fleet.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-04-2011, 04:32 PM
Harper, this is Glorenthir from LOTRO - fellow member of LMB! I too am just kinda starting out in STO and looking for a decent RP fleet here. Have had no luck yet, but would definitely be interested in chatting with you here and maybe even joining the same fleet at some point. As much as I love Tolkien, I've got more knowledge of Trek (BIG Trekkie since 1987) and am looking forward to finding a good RP home here. Hope to talk to you soon!
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-04-2011, 11:02 PM
Welcome, gentlefolks from Middle Earth!

I'm Admiral Jae Onasi from Lotus Fleet (www.lotusfleet.com), and Lavenderia, Kinleader of Lotus Kin on the Silverlode server. I invite you to come visit!

We do have a very active role-playing section on our forums, and some of our folks RP in both games (more in LOTRO than STO). We are a casual, mature bunch. We have Teamspeak. There are no in-game requirements other than to 'keep it clean' since some of us have younger children about, and to have fun. Our goal is to enjoy the games and help each other out.

Please feel free to visit our Academy. It is open to everyone regardless of fleet affiliation. It is our contribution to the Star Trek community. It consists of short 'courses' on Star Trek and Star Trek Online lore, and I think you'll enjoy it for the flavor it can add to your RPing. I use the medical courses all the time to make my medical officers more 'realistic'. As my teenage son says, "It's like school, but fun!"

We have a variety of other activities going on in our fleet, too, like Trek Trivia, movie nights, mission/quest nights, and so on.

Please feel free to contact me here or on the Lotus Fleet forums at Jae Onasi

Good luck with the fleet search!
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-05-2011, 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sulem_of_Vulcan View Post
Harper, this is Glorenthir from LOTRO - fellow member of LMB! I too am just kinda starting out in STO and looking for a decent RP fleet here. Have had no luck yet, but would definitely be interested in chatting with you here and maybe even joining the same fleet at some point. As much as I love Tolkien, I've got more knowledge of Trek (BIG Trekkie since 1987) and am looking forward to finding a good RP home here. Hope to talk to you soon!
Great to see you, Glorenthir! I just applied to 12th fleet today. I did not see the other wonderful opportunities on this thread until today.

--Harper
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-05-2011, 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by harperhendee View Post

--Harper
Well give us a look, and we can help you on almost anything you need. See the link below for website, and you can message us ingame if you have any questions.

Happy gaming!
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-05-2011, 05:49 PM
Harp, very cool! Wanted to let you know that if you're still doing any fleet-shopping at all, I'm looking pretty seriously at Alpha Centauri Institute: http://aci.guildportal.com/Guild.asp...&TabID=2867593

They actually seem to be very similar to LMB but from a Trek perspective, and looking at their forums, I see that many of their members are actually active in both LOTRO and STO.