Lt. Commander
# 1 Veteran Rewards for Lifers?
06-13-2010, 04:55 PM
Just a thought, but wouldn't it make sense for Lifers to get all of the veteran rewards up front? I mean, there's no question about whether or not their accounts will be active long enough to qualify for each veteran reward, right? And since the Captain's Table is being removed as a Lifer Exclusive and added to the Veteran Rewards, it suggests that more Lifer perks might also go that way, so why not compensate them in advance with realizing this bit of logic?

Lifers have paid in advance for their accounts to be active for as long as the servers are running. It is illogical to make them wait for something that is a certainty as if it were uncertain. Ask any Vulcan.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-13-2010, 05:18 PM
Expired comment
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-13-2010, 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustynThyme View Post
Just a thought, but wouldn't it make sense for Lifers to get all of the veteran rewards up front?
The one hold up would be that they're not all done and ready and in the game yet.

As shown by the bug that got people over 200 days counted ... the uniform reward for 200 days isn't in the game yet.

Odds are the captain's yacht isn't in yet either.

So even if they wanted to grant you your wish, physically they can't as they haven't finished these rewards fully yet.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-13-2010, 05:29 PM
I don't see the point. The shinies will be there when we get there. Why rush it?
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-13-2010, 05:38 PM
I'm all for allowing lifers to get all vet awards up to 500 days as soon as they are ready, on the stipulation that they forfeit all subsequent vet awards. (Lifetime sub costs about as much as 540 days of normal monthly payment.) :p

Gym "Now to think up some really cool stuff for 600, 700, 800..." Quirk
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-13-2010, 05:40 PM
Even if all systems were green lighted, the fact still remains that no Lifetimer has currently put in enough hours in-game to qualify for, say, the 300 or 400 hour perk. They will eventually get to that point (if they don't ragequit and cancel their subscription), but the fact remains that they have not yet reached that plateau. They'd only be cheating *themselves* of the feeling of accomplishment that other people will feel after actually putting in the time!
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-13-2010, 05:42 PM
You beat me to it Gym. Sure, award them early, but then start taking them away when my payment equals and exceeds the lifetime contribution.

On the other hand, it might be useful to think about veteran rewards as time based rewards and not money based rewards. In that respect all players have equal footing.
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-13-2010, 05:42 PM
Quote:
Just a thought, but wouldn't it make sense for Lifers to get all of the veteran rewards up front? I mean, there's no question about whether or not their accounts will be active long enough to qualify for each veteran reward, right? And since the Captain's Table is being removed as a Lifer Exclusive and added to the Veteran Rewards, it suggests that more Lifer perks might also go that way, so why not compensate them in advance with realizing this bit of logic?

Lifers have paid in advance for their accounts to be active for as long as the servers are running. It is illogical to make them wait for something that is a certainty as if it were uncertain. Ask any Vulcan.
Why? I mean I get it but the wait is half the fun and why should we get yet more preferential treatment? After 18 months the subscribers have paid more money than us.
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-13-2010, 05:44 PM
Quote:

That is really offensive to everybody else who has to wait. Their should be no compensation, just like ya'll who think their should be no compensation for the loss of exclusives.
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-13-2010, 05:48 PM
Sorry if I missed it, but I did search for this, and came up empty.

The hold up doesn't matter, really. As they are hashed out, Lifers would get them.

And the point is that veteran rewards are supposed to reward people for their cumulative subscription time. In effect, Lifers already have all of the veteran reward time covered, do they not? I mean, it's not like a Lifer's account will ever go inactive between now and when the servers are shut down. It's just simple logic.

An answer may have been given, but I would have liked a reason to go with it, for peace of mind, to know the decision wasn't just arbitrary.

Just to be clear, this is not, by far, a deal breaker for me. I'm already a Lifer, so I'll have my account forever anyway. I just thought it was a logical thing to do, especially since they seem to have already begun to harvest the Lifer perks for veteran rewards. If they are going to get ours, we should get theirs as soon as we qualify - which is now. If their reason for making us wait is some perceived "fairness", how about the perceived fairness of this?

Forfeiting rewards past the time we paid for doesn't make sense since we paid for forever, not "so much time and we get the rest for free".

I can't see how a Lifer would feel cheated out of any feelings of accomplishment. They would instead feel rewarded for their choice to become a lifer. (Positive outlook, not negative. I became a preorder Lifer out of that same positive outlook, ignoring the possibility that the game might not be enjoyable for me.)

It isn't about "preferential treatment". It's about what makes sense. Lifers paid for forever, up front. We didn't wait around to see if the game turned out well or not, we took the plunge. And our perks are already being given to veterans, and for C-Store fodder, so we may be reduced to just one or two actual perks.

Offensive? Sorry, not going to dignify that with an answer. I can't help it if people take offense at logic.