Lt. Commander
# 11
06-13-2010, 05:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustynThyme View Post

And the point is that veteran rewards are supposed to reward people for their cumulative subscription time. l
This is where I think you are wrong. Veteran rewards are to reward you for playing rather than for intending to play.
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-13-2010, 05:55 PM
Quote:
The hold up doesn't matter, really. As they are hashed out, Lifers would get them.
I'm just making a guess here, but my guess is the 200 days uniform won't be ready to go live until we get closer to the 200 days mark. And the same will probably hold true for the other rewards.

Which is why the holdup is sort of making the issue kind of moot.

Their developers do seem a bit over-worked right now with all of the things on the engineering report as well as all of the outstanding bugs they are investigating and haven't fixed yet. So I can't really fault them for re-prioritizing the vet rewards because they can.
Lt. Commander
# 13
06-13-2010, 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy_Vash View Post
This is where I think you are wrong. Veteran rewards are to reward you for playing rather than for intending to play.
Intention or not, those who pay for their subscriptions, but do not actually play, still qualify for the rewards. So, if you were correct, they would track time logged in, not time your subscription is paid.
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-13-2010, 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gym_Quirk
I'm all for allowing lifers to get all vet awards up to 500 days as soon as they are ready, on the stipulation that they forfeit all subsequent vet awards. (Lifetime sub costs about as much as 540 days of normal monthly payment.) :p

Gym "Now to think up some really cool stuff for 600, 700, 800..." Quirk
You know, if they decided to do this I can't say I'd be very pleased, unless I could get the subsequent rewards should I choose to invest in the next expansion pack. <shrug> Something to think about, us Lifers took a risk by making a significant up-front investment in the game that we cannot take back. All of the subscribers can cut their financial losses if they decide that the game isn't what they hoped for, but I'm out my money whether I like it or not. I also lack any real leverage as a consumer if I become displeased with any future decisions, Galaxy X being a referral reward for one... I mean really, what am I going to do? Quit? It's kinda laughable if I do because it works in Cryptic's favor, they've got my money and if I stop playing I cost them less money so it's a win/win for them.

At any rate, I am personally grateful for the vet awards, I don't fall into the category of lifers who thinks I'm entitled to everything... I paid my $300.00 bucks which entitles me to one thing... unlimited play w/o subscription fees for the life of the game...

Please don't suggest that Cryptic cut us lifers short on vet awards. There are plenty of lifers like my self who recognize that you subscribers will have invested more in this game financially than I have after 18 months.
Lt. Commander
# 15
06-13-2010, 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loic_Farris
Please don't suggest that Cryptic cut us lifers short on vet awards. There are plenty of lifers like my self who recognize that you subscribers will have invested more in this game financially than I have after 18 months.
It was a mostly facetious remark in response yet another Lifer "gimme gimme gimme NOW!!!" thread. (I do not accuse you of this attitude, but I see it much more often than I'd like.)

In all honesty, what is wrong with just waiting for the anniversary days to come along with the rest of the population? Pre-order Lifers already have up to 2 weeks of lead time since their start dates are their LTS billing dates, while the rest of us have Launch as the earliest start.
Lt. Commander
# 16
06-13-2010, 06:08 PM
Quote:
Intention or not, those who pay for their subscriptions, but do not actually play, still qualify for the rewards. So, if you were correct, they would track time logged in, not time your subscription is paid.
I think they do track the time you are actually logged in and not the time of your subscription. Not sure if they use that to deem if you are worthy of the veteran rewards, but I typed /played into the chat box and it said I'd had my character active for 4 days x hours etc.

I'm pretty sure I've had the game for more than 4 real days, but obviously I only play a couple of hours each day at a time and that cumulatively probably comes up to 4 days of actual playtime.

I'm a lifetime subscriber, but I think it would be more rewarding to get the benefits for being a veteran by actually keeping my character active for x days and not just by having paid for access to the game forever.

They should add some more different things for lifetime and veteran rewards, so that some are exclusive for lifetime, and some are exclusive for being a veteran. E.g. even if you're a lifetime they won't give you a veteran reward unless you actually put in an effort and play for a certain amount of playtime actual logged in. That way, if you see a veteran lifetimer, you'd know they were something special.
Lt. Commander
# 17
06-13-2010, 06:14 PM
Quote:
Just a thought, but wouldn't it make sense for Lifers to get all of the veteran rewards up front? I mean, there's no question about whether or not their accounts will be active long enough to qualify for each veteran reward, right? And since the Captain's Table is being removed as a Lifer Exclusive and added to the Veteran Rewards, it suggests that more Lifer perks might also go that way, so why not compensate them in advance with realizing this bit of logic?

Lifers have paid in advance for their accounts to be active for as long as the servers are running. It is illogical to make them wait for something that is a certainty as if it were uncertain. Ask any Vulcan.
What you are suggesting would only end up in yet another nearly 300 page thread that ultimately ends up with hurt feelings on both sides.
Lt. Commander
# 18
06-13-2010, 07:03 PM
Expired comment
Lt. Commander
# 19
06-13-2010, 08:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally_Androvar
What you are suggesting would only end up in yet another nearly 300 page thread that ultimately ends up with hurt feelings on both sides.
Maybe. But if such a thread were to start, I'd do my best to point out the inherent limitations lifers were thrusting upon themselves. Not all lifers, but some. You see, each of these rewards comes with a free respec. And there are some players who eat their freebies up like they were pez candies. So ... a small group of lifers would blow through their respecs in record time.

And then say, 200 or so days from now ... a new patch would come out. Tweaking something. And BOOM. No free respecs. But us patient people, the pleebs ... the masses ... the peasants who pay months at a time ... would get a free respec.

And BOOM, the hit would hit the fan.

Because the type of poster who gets irate about changes, and demands free respecs, is also the type of player that demands rewards instantly. Instant gratification. I'm not accusing ANYONE IN THIS THREAD of that. I'm just saying ... it would happen. And it would be entertaining. So entertaining, I'd try my best to point it out whenever possible.
Lt. Commander
# 20
06-14-2010, 01:12 AM
They're veteran rewards, and should stay that way. Shame Cryptic doesn't think the same on "Exclusives"...