Lt. Commander
# 21
06-14-2010, 03:12 AM
I'm still stuck at 162/200 days since first implemented. Few weeks later, it's still 162/200... lol.

Whatever is broke, must be fixed. No excuses.
Lt. Commander
# 22
06-14-2010, 04:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gym_Quirk
I'm all for allowing lifers to get all vet awards up to 500 days as soon as they are ready, on the stipulation that they forfeit all subsequent vet awards. (Lifetime sub costs about as much as 540 days of normal monthly payment.) :p

Gym "Now to think up some really cool stuff for 600, 700, 800..." Quirk
I think you misunderstood the reasons for the LTS offer. Those of us who took this offer were not buying 540 days of play time. We were investing money in a game. Cryptic asked us to take a chance, invest, and we were rewarded with a sub that never expires as long as the game is running.
Lt. Commander
# 23
06-14-2010, 04:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loic_Farris

Please don't suggest that Cryptic cut us lifers short on vet awards. There are plenty of lifers like my self who recognize that you subscribers will have invested more in this game financially than I have after 18 months.
The normal sub players did not take the gamble and put up nearly 300 bucks before the game launched. The average monthly sub player does not sub for 18 months. Its a rare occurrence when that happens.
Lt. Commander
# 24
06-14-2010, 04:42 AM
so, OP, you paid up front and got your special lifer stuff, including a blue forum title, and now you want what those of us who will continue to pay will get in the form of veterans rewards? why should you, when you're not paying any more than we are, and when in the end we will be paying more than you over the long run?
Lt. Commander
# 25
06-14-2010, 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salexander
I think you misunderstood the reasons for the LTS offer. Those of us who took this offer were not buying 540 days of play time. We were investing money in a game. Cryptic asked us to take a chance, invest, and we were rewarded with a sub that never expires as long as the game is running.
And waiting for the veteran anniversaries is just too much of a hassle, so LTS should get everything as soon as it's ready?

How about the player who joins 2 years after Launch and pays for a LTS. Should he get all of the vet awards up to 700 days immediately?

LTS get the luxury of not having to worry about payments, and after 18 months, they've hit break-even. On top of that, there're some small extra goodies. (As an annual subscriber, my 33% discount and 2 extra character slots puts me in a similar situation.)

Some Lifers pushing their "Oh, I paid $240/300, so I'm super-special" status making them better than subscribing schlubs has been getting up my nose for months. Well, I paid $120 plus multiple boxed sets. What special treatment for my investment should I get?

There is a case to be made regarding the Captain's Table being granted as part of the 400 day vet award, but I can't bring myself to get that worked up over it.

(Yes, I know that those lifers expressing the attitude are a small, vocal minority.)
Lt. Commander
# 26
06-14-2010, 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguehwz
I'm still stuck at 162/200 days since first implemented. Few weeks later, it's still 162/200... lol.

Agreed. You should be closer to 135 to 138 days or so.
Lt. Commander
# 27
06-14-2010, 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguehwz

Look at your account page. That's the accurate number. If you had that much it was bugged then and it will pick up counting when the true number catches up. I don't even think it's day 162 of 2010 yet and the game started in February.

It WAS broken and now it's fixed.
Lt. Commander
# 28
06-14-2010, 11:42 AM
My bad. Today is day 165 of 2010. So to be 162 means you are a vet since Jan 4, 2010 and the game started 2/2 official release date.
Lt. Commander
# 29
06-14-2010, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy_Vash View Post
This is where I think you are wrong. Veteran rewards are to reward you for playing rather than for intending to play.
And what stops someone for making an account, never logging in, paying monthly fees each month, and having all the vet rewards?

Nothing.

Veteran rewards are for time subscribed, not hours logged in. Game cards for MMOs can count immediately, because they are prepaid. Lifetime subscriptions are also prepaid.
Lt. Commander
# 30
06-14-2010, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilsmoo View Post
And what stops someone for making an account, never logging in, paying monthly fees each month, and having all the vet rewards?

Nothing.

Veteran rewards are for time subscribed, not hours logged in. Game cards for MMOs can count immediately, because they are prepaid. Lifetime subscriptions are also prepaid.
Just keep in mind ... the rewards for the 200, 300 and 400 day time markers ... don't exist yet. As in they're not in-game. Can't be claimed. And haven't been put in game physically by the devs.

So it's moot. Even if they wanted to give lifers these items right now, they can't. Because they're not there to be given.

It took them the entire time on Tribble and multiple patches to get the Alternate Future Timeline badge correct. And that's just a badge.

Their Galaxy X is late.

The MU Uniforms were late.

Timing is not their strong suit here.

They don't have the captain's yacht done. So no one gets it. Until it's done. No matter how long your lifetime sub is for ... you can't have something that does not exist.

If wishes were horses ...