Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > The Academy
Login

Lt. Commander
# 41
07-02-2010, 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
Using the in-game auto-fire or "fire all" function, usually weapons start firing at close to the same time and then end up in cool down at nearly the same time, so this isn't as helpful as you'd expect. Theoretically you will see increased damage if you get your weapons to fire in a more optimal pattern, but this requires using an outside macro program rather than the in-game auto-fire.
Can you supply such a macro or keybind that would do what you suggest?
Lt. Commander
# 42
07-07-2010, 10:02 AM
This is a well done guide, man.

Quoting the hell out of it and giving you mad credit on my next Podcast...
Lt. Commander
# 43
07-08-2010, 10:53 AM
Is (BASE + (SI x (STAT/100) ) x (WPOW/50) still the equation for determining weapon dammage?
Lt. Commander
# 44
07-08-2010, 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
Is (BASE + (SI x (STAT/100) ) x (WPOW/50) still the equation for determining weapon dammage?
I'd like to know this too! If it is, I could add it to my Ship Power Calculator...
Lt. Commander
# 45
07-08-2010, 11:59 PM
Quote:
Can you supply such a macro or keybind that would do what you suggest?
I haven't used a macro program in years. I've heard some people used macros that came with their Logitech keyboard or mouse. Way back in the days of UO I used EZ Macro to hit the training dummies while I was AFK (technically illegal, but everyone did it). Sorry, but I can't really help with suggestions.

Honestly, the in-game auto fire isn't so bad. Instead of using fire all you could try to hit each of the weapons manually. If you start them at different times I think that should also be successful in getting them to fire out of sequence with one another (you'll lose it every time you go out of the firing arc though as they'll fire immediately the next time the target is reacquired). I'm not sure whether going to such lengths is worth the effort. Definitely in PvE it's not really needed, even if you play on Elite.
Lt. Commander
# 46
07-09-2010, 12:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Trek
This is a well done guide, man.

Quoting the hell out of it and giving you mad credit on my next Podcast...
Glad to be of help. Although with the fixing of the cannon bug, I will have to retest the cannon weapons, so the information will change slightly there.
Lt. Commander
# 47
07-09-2010, 12:01 AM
Quote:
I'm not sure. I can try to figure it out from the 1 weapon test results.

Base is base damage, correct? I assume STAT is the combination of all relevant abilities (ie energy weapons + cannons + phasers). What does SI stand for?
Lt. Commander
# 48
07-09-2010, 12:45 AM
Quote:

Base is base damage, correct? I assume STAT is the combination of all relevant abilities (ie energy weapons + cannons + phasers). What does SI stand for?
I think he's talking about the Engine's Cannae Take it Weapon Formula found here...
http://theenginescannaetakeit.wordpr...erview/#damage

It hasn't been updated in so long, so don't know if still accurate. The one time I tried to use it I couldn't get it to match my character's stats (and that was pre S1.0 I think, long ago anyway). I've since tried a little to modify it but I couldn't figure it out. You get me a working formula though, I can put it in the Calc.
Lt. Commander
# 49
07-09-2010, 05:11 AM
Quote:

BigBadB's website, yes.

Base= base weapon dammage as listed in its description
SI = the standard issue of the weapon
STAT= equals the combined total of all stats that effect said weapon skillwise.
WPow = weapon power settings at time of use.

so my MK5 DH disruptor cannon , a STAT of 118, BASE of 277 (185 dps), SI of 200.5 and WPow of 119
would look like;

(277 + (200.5 x (118/100)) x (119/50)
to
(277 + (200.5 x1.18) x (2.38) = 840.084 dammage (561.478 dps)
this is a correct answer from my testing.
I was just curiuos if this was still the base equation used by the game?
Lt. Commander
# 50
07-10-2010, 03:45 PM
I updated the scaling chart for Dual Cannons and Cannons based on testing on Tribble (where the cannon energy regen bug has been fixed). As expected their DPS increased by a fair amount. 4 Dual Cannons now does more damage than 4 Dual Beams and are a much more viable alternative to Dual Heavy Cannons.

I have not retested Dual Heavy Cannons or Turrets yet. When I finish retesting them, I'll update the chart again and update the main post with the new info.

The DPS of 2 Cannons/Dual Cannons was essentially unchanged. 3 Dual Cannons increased by about 2%, while 3 Cannons increased by about 3% (the difference could be a result of random testing error). At the top end with 4 weapons, both increased by approximately 7%.

Keep in mind that in my original tests I had an EPS flow console equipped which would have increased the original tested DPS slightly compared to not having one, so people who don't run with EPS flow consoles should see an increase in damage of a few more percent than my test results. In my retests I am not using EPS flow consoles at all to avoid any possible distortions.