Lt. Commander
# 1 More melee weapons
06-05-2010, 09:07 PM
More melee weapon options.

Sulu's sword from the Abrams Star Trek. Daggers/knives. I play a Fed but would love to see more melee weapons. Hell make hand to hand more effective...I know I've seen Kirk kick some ass...
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-05-2010, 11:48 PM
I agree, the bat'leth isn't enough but i have to use it for melee combat
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-06-2010, 02:04 AM
i agree but not too many close combat weapons due to the future being about the awesome ray beam gunzs
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-06-2010, 03:03 PM
Those Klingon pain sticks would make a cool weapon. I can't think of any Federation melee weapons though, maybe some antiques, swords etc? Perhaps, when we get ship interiors, we can be interrupted on the way to the holodeck to re-enact the Battle of Hastings by Borg beaming aboard or something :p
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-06-2010, 05:32 PM
y'know,i was thinking(it doen't happen that often,bear with me)
with all the sorts of technology we have in sto(plasma,tetryon,polaron,phaser,etc),why not have a melee weapon,that looks like a sword/mace/spear/something,that deals that kind of damage,out in a burst of power,every time it hits?or would that be too close to the whole 'lightsaber' thing?
i'm thinking,rather than a beam of energy,the weapon sends a burst of whatever kind of damage,along the blade,and into whatever it hits.old nin ja stylee weapons used to have a container in the blade,that held poison in it,so when the sword hit you,the poison went into the wound.maybe something like that,but a powered version?
yes,i am a font of ideas.but that well will dry up one day.lol.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-06-2010, 06:17 PM
here's a few more ideas.
powered nets.deal some damage,and a chance to immobilize someone.good secondary weapon.
or
grenades,that deal a certain kind of damage(already got stun and plasma ones,so would be easy to do a tetryon one,or a polaron one.
or
two-handed weapons.deal lots of damage,but slow attacking.
or
a rock. hit with it,or throw it.can be found on many a planet.
or
old fashioned,guns,with bullets?bypass the shields,like Klingon blades,but slow to reload.(i know,not a melee weapon,but would be a good addition,as not all alien races have stopped using guns).
or
dual weapons.like 2 sai,or small knives,fast but not so much dam.
or
a flail.good for knocking someone prone.
or
different martial arts.the one we've got is a bit meh.gimme a proper martial art.like karate,or capoeara.
or
powered gauntlets.these would be powered with a certain kind of power,like phaser,or polaron,or something.
or
those big gauntlets,tasha yar had to use,in a duel once.those big spiky ones,remember?
or
saw blades.a powered saw,on a gauntlet(or a stick),that deals not a lot of dam,but a continuous amount, as long as your in melee.

it's too hot to sleep atm(84* atm,not used to it in the uk),so maybe that's why i'm concentrating a bit too much.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-08-2010, 01:29 PM
Didn't the Ferengi have some kind of whip? that would be cool...
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-08-2010, 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbo View Post
If I recall, those were not really "melee" weapons. The whip was swung around, and shot an energy bolt at the target. Don't think the whip actually struck the target itself.

But, yeah, I'm all for more melee weapons.
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-08-2010, 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbo View Post
This is the one thing I want more than correct traits and teeth for my 3 all Ferengi crews.
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-14-2010, 07:05 AM
Don't the Andoians use some sort of ice-pick/axe for close combat/duels? And some of the NPCs already have knives, so that ought to be easily implemented... And I, ofc, would like some sort of sword... am i wrong if i seem to remember the romulans having some sort of short sword? (or was that the Roman Empire?) If not, I'm sure some sort of race has to use some sort of sword...

Melee weapons could be a great Accolade reward... deal a certain amount of melee damage, to unlock new weapon!