Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
Gretings all,
The Federation for 5+ referrals gets a Galaxy-X Cruiser. There presently is no KDF option for reward.
What I propose is there be an option that instead of the Galaxy-X you could choose a KDF ship instead.
That KDF ship would be.......

General Chang's Bird of Prey.

A t5 vessel (or t6 depending on the mechanics) with a "super" battle cloak that one can fire from cloak.
Shields would of course remain down, and if detected by normal means then it can be targetted and fired apon.

This vessel is EVERY bit as canon if not MORE than the Galaxy-X. The Galaxy-X was in one show, in an alternate timeline (that never happened) for about 5 mins or so.
General Chang's Bird of Prey was in one Movie (not an alternate timeline) that DID happen, and was there for at LEAST 30 mins.

The Galaxy-X is considered a very powerfull ship, and yes the Chang BOP would be rather potent as well, the balance is maintained.

A subscriber would apon referring 5 ppl with subs be able to choose between ONE fo the two (not both).

What do all the KDF players think?
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-14-2010, 07:32 AM
I would like a ground weapon called the "InstaPwn 3000"

Everytime I fire it, it goes through walls disintegrating its target and bringing up a pop-up menu for that player to choose 3 other people on his team to be disintegrated. The first time they respawn, they also disintegrate from the residual effect of getting pwnt (thereby bringing up the pop-up menu again).

I would also like the torpedo version of this for space which canonically locates the prefix code from the Federation ship (a la ST 2), dials it and then insta pwns them by ignoring their shields and doing 2 billion kinetic damage (and bringing up the said pop-up menu).

Afterward, for my 200 day reward I would like the ability to publish the prefix codes for ALL fed ships who pvp on the forums.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-14-2010, 08:07 AM
Emperor Worfs Flagship from the mirror Universe.

But Cryptic will do nothing for the Klignons as usual.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-14-2010, 08:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QorChang View Post

General Chang's Bird of Prey.

This vessel is EVERY bit as canon if not MORE than the Galaxy-X. The Galaxy-X was in one show, in an alternate timeline (that never happened) for about 5 mins or so.
General Chang's Bird of Prey was in one Movie (not an alternate timeline) that DID happen, and was there for at LEAST 30 mins.
Roddenberry is quoted as saying he didn't like the movies, and "didn't much consider them canon" therefore the galaxy-x if more canon than general chang's bop.

but it is true the klingons should get something and cryptic stated that they will in the new q&a
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-14-2010, 08:33 AM
Hmm there is a counter to the Galaxy X. A klingon ship that had a similar large cannon capable of massive damage. Though not exactly canon in the purest sense of the word. Anybody remember the qqey IS betleH from Klingon Academy?
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-14-2010, 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by convoy7734
Roddenberry is quoted as saying he didn't like the movies, and "didn't much consider them canon" therefore the galaxy-x if more canon than general chang's bop.

but it is true the klingons should get something and cryptic stated that they will in the new q&a
Roddenberry also stated that Worf and Diana would NEVER happen..but once he was gone and Mark Berman was running the show, anything Roddenberry held as canon went out the window.
In addition, Star Trek VI "The Undiscovered Country" was released in Dec 1991 and was in production for at least a year before that, Roddenberry died in Oct 1991 and knew what the movie contained.
Star Trek The Next Generation episode "All Good Things" (which the Galaxy-X was seen) first aired in May 1994. 2 and a half years AFTER Roddenberry passed away, so no, I disagree, the Galaxy-X is NOT more canon with your argument, I would call Chang's BOP more so on the basis that at least Roddenberry was still alive when they wrote the script.

Would he have allowed the Galaxy-X? Who knows, but he wasnt around in it's case to say one way or the other, and we all know Mark Berman did what Mark wanted and to hell with what parameters Gene had put on certain things.

Another good example of this is the DS9 episode where they go back in time to the tribble episode of TOS.
If Roddenberry had been alive that would have been a BIG FAT NO. Roddenberry had already previously stated that ALL klingons were ALWAYS supposed to have had the bumpy heads, but cost of production in TOS did not allow them to fully do the alien races by his original vision.

Yes I am being nerdy with all this, but hey we play STO...we are all nerds at heart to some degree.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-14-2010, 04:39 PM
5 referrals = Super carrier.

- 15 degrees/sec base turn rate (same as qin raptor)

- 4 universal weapon slots. Can be customized. (example, 4 fore weapon slots, 0 aft. Or, 2 fore and 2 aft, etc)

- Additional 2 more hangar bays. 4 hangar bays total.

- Upgrade of engineer BO station to commander (4 engineer skills).
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-15-2010, 01:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capulet View Post
Hmm there is a counter to the Galaxy X. A klingon ship that had a similar large cannon capable of massive damage. Though not exactly canon in the purest sense of the word. Anybody remember the qqey IS betleH from Klingon Academy?
I clearly remember it. Hell of a beast. Regreaby Cryptic said more then once that they have no rights for the Fasa/Starfleet Command/ Klingon Academy ships. So we will never see them, although it love more then one of them.
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-15-2010, 05:53 AM
Quote:
Emperor Worfs Flagship from the mirror Universe.

But Cryptic will do nothing for the Klignons as usual.
Wasn't this just a Neg'Vahr?

I like the idea of the Chang Bird of Prey. I think Cryptic has to think about "Combat Cloak" anyway (e.g. cloak that allows you to keep firing while cloaked). There have been now two instances where this technology had appeared and worked, it is inevitably to come. At least when the Romulan faction becomes playable they need to have a solution in my opinion. So why not start with the Klingon referral ship.

Bird of Prey. Weapons slots like a Tier 4 BoP, shields and hulls of a tier 5 BoP.
Combat Cloak:
- Acts like Battle Cloak
- Stealth Rating is slightly lower then regular Cloak.
- While cloaked, ship can fire. It gains the Battle Cloak +15 % damage bonus.
- Firing while cloaked temporarily reduces the stealth rating of the ship signifantly, eg. it becomes targetable for a few seconds. (say weaopn cycle +1 second)

Dealing with the "Chang Bird of Prey" can be challenging. It requires to look out for it and prepare some torpedoes coming its way. If they do, it might be dispatched easily, as it won't usually have its shields active - unless it actually decloaks (and then it still needs some time to get its shield online...)
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-15-2010, 07:52 AM
I want a uber bat'leth that can be thrown like a projectile and will spin like the weapon used by Xena Warrior Princess. Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDb6coiFUWk