Lt. Commander
# 41
03-01-2011, 03:05 PM
I'd noticed the Captain's Table was in that list, and that for me that would amount to basically nothing, but I hadn't even considered the notion that Lifetimers should get something else for it. Don't get me wrong, if Cryptic wants to throw us a few store tokens, a uniform slot (or add a super elitist VIP lounge to the Captain's Table ) then I understand why and appreciate it. But if they don't, I won't mind either.

The way I figure, we got access to the Captain's Table 400 days earlier, and that's the whole difference. To say we need to be reimbursed for fhe loss of its exclusivity would be like people complaining during the discount weekends, that the ships they bought at full price when they were released are now being bought by the common rabble, and they should be compensated for the difference.

Frankly, if I were among the new 400-day non-LTS veterans, I'd be steeling myself now at the prospect of being on the other side of the exact same hing. One of the suggestions that's popular for giving the Captain's Table an actual use would be to put leaderboards and whatnot there. The problem is, something in that ballpark would have to be accessible to all players. Not just lifers, and not just people who started paying their subs 400 days ago, but also the new ones.

Effectively, the new veterans would then lose that exclusivity as well. But that's okay. Cause it's really not losing anything.
Lt. Commander
# 42
03-08-2011, 07:08 PM
I'd be happy just getting a ship slot to store the Captains Yacht in, rather than providing my own
Lt. Commander
# 43
03-10-2011, 01:52 AM
I would trade the 400 Atari Tokens for a free captain retrait on all of my toons.
Lt. Commander
# 44
03-11-2011, 12:01 PM
Any changes to the Vet Rewards should be for everyone. I would love to see uniform slots added, so that's a good idea.