Lt. Commander
# 31
06-15-2010, 12:12 PM
I don't plan on buying one, but I'm kinda disappointed that the Caitian's were done half assed. I have no doubt that Matt worked really hard on them and they look great from the waist up. But I'm disappointed that their legs weren't done correctly and that they can wear footwear. It's a shame they probably didn't let Matt finish the rest of the Caitian so they could rush them out for sale for whatever reason they seem more desperate this month to make a quick buck at the expense of their supporters for.
Lt. Commander
# 32
06-15-2010, 12:13 PM
Having purchased multiple copies myself, I am glad it is offered. I am not mad, we jumped into STO early on and expected changes. The players that get the Joined Trill will need to re-grind them.
Lt. Commander
# 33 /sigh
06-15-2010, 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCSlyman View Post
This.

And if you went through and bought multiple copies of the game to get all the unique items that you could, well... you got more money than sense. Sorry. As for me, with my one copy of the game, my unique items from that, which I paid nothing extra to get... I'm quite happy.
bashing my ignorance is not appreciated...

although everyone was right... it was in the FAQ

""Q: Will the exclusives be offered as a microtransaction?

A: Not at launch, but somewhere down the road we may offer to let people purchases these if they did not pre-order.""

I feel foolish now :-(
Lt. Commander
# 34
06-15-2010, 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
one thing to note - you may have noticed the new hair tech used in the caitian beards. The team is planning to go back over all the hair in the game in the future to retrofit the older hair tech to this newer tech. When that is done, you can expect more hair options for the Caitians. There is also plans for more color variations and patterns in a future update.
Fur or hair? My caitian can't seem to get a hairdoo even though the caitian females in the TV show had actual Hair on their heads.
Lt. Commander
# 35
06-15-2010, 12:30 PM
Quote:
This.

And if you went through and bought multiple copies of the game to get all the unique items that you could, well... you got more money than sense. Sorry. As for me, with my one copy of the game, my unique items from that, which I paid nothing extra to get... I'm quite happy.
I bought the Borg Bridge Officer-Amazon Prorder because it was a "Limited time offer, available only while Preorder supplies last". During beta, the question was raised at that time if they would eventually sell the items through MTs. They said (at that time) that while the codes for certain packages may still be available with some packs, that the exact preorder bonuses would not be duplicated and sold in the C-store. I bought the Amazon Preorder because they said it was a limited run, something unique. Obviously they lied. I am not against special items for packages, or the c-store, but selling an item as unique bonus for preorder, and then changing your mind down the road to make more money is unethical. People bought multiple copies and they feel ripped off fine, but that is NOT me. I don't feel ripped off because someone bought multiple copies, I didn't. I feel ripped off because they went back on what they originally promised me when they sold me the item. There is a lack reciprocity here, and that needs to be corrected. I have supported Star Trek Online since Cryptic got a hold of it, but it seems like they are undermining their players they promised unique features in the beginning. Are they going to sell out the playable Liberated Borg? Maybe they will just sell the Photonic Bridge Officer and 'All Good Things' Galaxy Class in C-store in a couple months. Heck they already said Captain's Table will be passed out as Vet reward (not that I expected that one to stay lifer only).

The people who initially bought the preorders, did so to support the game from the beginning. And in turn they were promised a reward. Now Cryptic is going back on that, instead of rewarding customer loyalty, those of us that have been here since the beginning, they violate us.
Lt. Commander
# 36
06-15-2010, 12:32 PM
When you bought more copies of the game, even if in your mind it was for bonus items, really all the money you spent was for another copy of the game. Thats it you get what you paid for plus the bonus of exclusivity of some items for the first 4 months of the game.

Anyways if this will help keep people playing then Im all for it.
Lt. Commander
# 37
06-15-2010, 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamion View Post
I bought the Borg Bridge Officer-Amazon Prorder because it was a "Limited time offer, available only while Preorder supplies last". During beta, the question was raised at that time if they would eventually sell the items through MTs. They said (at that time) that while the codes for certain packages may still be available with some packs, that the exact preorder bonuses would not be duplicated and sold in the C-store. I bought the Amazon Preorder because they said it was a limited run, something unique. Obviously they lied. I am not against special items for packages, or the c-store, but selling an item as unique bonus for preorder, and then changing your mind down the road to make more money is unethical. People bought multiple copies and they feel ripped off fine, but that is NOT me. I don't feel ripped off because someone bought multiple copies. I feel ripped off because they went back on what they originally promised me when they sold me the item. There is a lack reciprocity here, and that needs to be corrected. I have supported Star Trek Online since Cryptic got a hold of it, but it seems like they are undermining their players they promised unique features in the beginning. Are they going to sell out the playable Liberated Borg? Maybe they will just cell the Photonic Bridge Officer and 'All Good Things' Galaxy Class in C-store in a couple months. Heck they already said Captain's Table will be passed out as Vet reward (not that I expected that one to stay lifer only).

The people who initially bought the preorders, did so to support the game from the beginning. And in turn they were promised a reward. Now Cryptic is going back on that, instead of rewarding customer loyalty, those of us that have been here since the beginning, they violate us.
what he said... he being far more articulate and thorough than I... but me too
dangit I feel violated!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 38
06-15-2010, 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamion View Post
I bought the Borg Bridge Officer-Amazon Prorder because it was a "Limited time offer, available only while Preorder supplies last". During beta, the question was raised at that time if they would eventually sell the items through MTs. They said (at that time) that while the codes for certain packages may still be available with some packs, that the exact preorder bonuses would not be duplicated and sold in the C-store. I bought the Amazon Preorder because they said it was a limited run, something unique. Obviously they lied.
Really??? The Pre-Order FAQ was posted only a few days after the 'Perks' were announced, and it has the following...
Quote:
Q: Will the exclusives be offered as a microtransaction?

A: Not at launch, but somewhere down the road we may offer to let people purchases these if they did not pre-order.
http://www.startrekonline.com/preorder-faq
Lt. Commander
# 39
06-15-2010, 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrananapuss View Post
so... I don't know if I'm the only one that sought out and bought multiple copies of the game based on package content, I specifically shelled out 80 dollars on a now unneeded copy of the game from Amazon.com just so i could have a Borg bridge officer... now the extras that i paid money for are now being thrown out to anyone through this C-Store... looking back had i know, i would have dumped the money in to Cryptic Points instead of buying another version of the game...

Just answer me this... are they going to sell EVERYTHING that the launch packages came with? or are they going to at least keep a couple things sacred for the people that spent their hard earned money EX: red matter generators, or the chromodynamic armor.... if they sell those items too I'm going to systematically hunt down people in charge of these C-Store travesties and deliver a well deserved round of pink bellies....

As early as January, some of the Devs were saying that the different "exclusives" would probably end up in the C-Store. I'm sure most of us did not expect them this early. LOL. I too bought the CE from Amazon, but I'm ok with people being able to buy the stuff in the C-Store. Personally, I think that the rest of the items will appear in the C-Store, before too long. I wouldn't even be upset if they offered the Liberated Borg playable race, in the C-Store.
Lt. Commander
# 40
06-15-2010, 12:47 PM
Quote:
Oh God, now it's the Joined Trill. As if Trill weren't already the freaking Night Elves of STO.

(Yes, I made that claim of the Andorians before, but I was thrown by the antennae and have since revised that thought)
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.