Lt. Commander
# 11
06-15-2010, 01:04 PM
I don't think its too expensive. What makes it not worth the money is that its only useful for a short time. Unlike uniforms, emotes and most other items.
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-15-2010, 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillingMeSoftly
On topic about the TOS Enterprise... I'm of the mind that ten bucks is way too much for a single ship. That's a fourth of the cost I paid for my Deluxe Edition, and awfully close to a months worth of subscription. I'm not really happy it's in the C-Store because I don't plan to shell out that much cash for a Tier 1 ship, even if it is the old school Enterprise. It might as well remain an exclusive, for all it matters to me.
If it's too expensive for you, then don't buy it. Nobody's forcing you to get it at gunpoint. I'm more pi$$ed at the insanely low prices on the other items. The only ones that met my expectations were the TOS Constitution and the TWOK uniforms...everything else ended up being WAY too low.
Lt. Commander
# 13
06-15-2010, 01:24 PM
I just think they're setting the bar for ships to be higher. Mainly because someday they may think about putting some other ship ... like, I don't know, the Galaxy X ... in the store as well. And would want to make it at least 800 CP if not more.
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-15-2010, 01:37 PM
As I understand it... (as stated by others and from their descriptions) It is its own ship, i.e. T1 with an extra weapon slot, and comes with a set of phasers that scale with your level.
Cryptic has 2 sets (on this issue) of very vocal fans.
800 points for an item that is MORE than cosmetic....
As I dont own one, I must take the word of others. I'm thinking 800 is about right (leaning on the cheap side).
Lt. Commander
# 15
06-15-2010, 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grouchy.Otaku
Though $10 is cheap compared to buying a Retail package from Game Stop...
Qouted for truth
Lt. Commander
# 16
06-15-2010, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by taishojojo View Post
As I understand it... (as stated by others and from their descriptions) It is its own ship, i.e. T1 with an extra weapon slot, and comes with a set of phasers that scale with your level.
Cryptic has 2 sets (on this issue) have very vocal fans.
800 points for an item that is MORE than cosmetic....
As I dont own one, I must take the word of others. I'm thinking 800 is about right (leaning on the cheap side).
You are correct. It is a T1 ship with one extra engineering console. It does come with one fore and one aft phaser beam bank that shoots blue energy. And does scale up as you level.

I have this item. And those are correct statements about it.
Lt. Commander
# 17
06-15-2010, 03:04 PM
For 10 bucks.. I get to fly into borg space an shoot blue crap at them.. Yeah baby.. that's worth 10 bucks.. the other admirals just went WTF? I laughed so hard. 10 bucks well spent..
Lt. Commander
# 18
06-15-2010, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716 View Post
i think because its not just a ship skin, it it it's own ship, complete with weapons only available with it (the blue phasers) you cant mix and match its parts with any other ship either. i think that maybe thats why its so expensive.
That's not true. You CAN mix and match its equipment with other ships. I stripped my Connie of it's loadout and gave it all Polaron beams. I then took the Connie's weapons and slapped them on to my Recon Science Ship. Still blue, still doubled. :p
Lt. Commander
# 19
06-15-2010, 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Armstrong View Post
If it's too expensive for you, then don't buy it. Nobody's forcing you to get it at gunpoint. I'm more pi$$ed at the insanely low prices on the other items. The only ones that met my expectations were the TOS Constitution and the TWOK uniforms...everything else ended up being WAY too low.
Uhm, thanks? I already made it clear I'm not going to buy it. I would love to purchase this ship, but as is, it's too expensive for me.

Other people saying they're setting the bar for other ships-- I hope not. I hope new ships through the C-Store are not this expensive. I am not against paying money for things I want. But paying this much is completely unreasonable. Things like this shouldn't be costing more than 300cp.

Yes, I understand it's an actual ship and not a ship skin. And yeah, it's got blue phasers. But is it really worth 10 dollars to you? If that is, great. It's not for me. I would rather the price be dropped. Those who have already paid for the ship can have the different refunded in CP.

But it doesn't seem I have much support with this, but whatever. Year from now when every new ship that comes out is a thousand or more CP to purchase, well-- all I can say is I hope I'm not playing long enough to see that day.
Lt. Commander
# 20
06-15-2010, 04:51 PM
Please tell me this thing is unlock for ACCOUNT and not per Character...