Lt. Commander
# 1 Big Fat Poopoo To Pre-orderers
06-15-2010, 12:30 PM
With the new cryptic store mega add-ons all the pre-orderers have been kinda just poo-poo'd on as i got the collectors edition which gave me the tng n' ds9 costumes and the constitution and now there giving them away for about 1300 cp and others got the tos uniform so we all wasted our money for spending /$60/70 on special editions when we could get normal for about /$40 and all the add-ons.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-15-2010, 12:31 PM
Wah.10char
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-15-2010, 12:32 PM
Well TOS uniforms have been free for a while through massive gamer, or something like that. The Wrath of Khan uniform had a standard code that anyone could use to unlock it.

Basically all of pre-order items were promotions for when the game came out, but they are always subject to change.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-15-2010, 12:36 PM
This was predicted a dozen times, happened in CO, happened here. I'm not surprised, neither should you be.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-15-2010, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kieranloftus View Post
With the new cryptic store mega add-ons all the pre-orderers have been kinda just poo-poo'd on as i got the collectors edition which gave me the tng n' ds9 costumes and the constitution and now there giving them away for about 1300 cp and others got the tos uniform so we all wasted our money for spending /$60/70 on special editions when we could get normal for about /$40 and all the add-ons.
I'm one of those people that actually is glad that other people can enjoy the reward I got (the Constitution Class).

They get a shot at some cool stuff. Personally, I'm content.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-15-2010, 12:48 PM
Quote:
None of the items you've mentioned we're actually pre-order bonusses...

Oh, and the Connie was a store specific bonus, you didn't need any special edition for that.

Also the TOS uniforms are currently available for free.

I'm not saying you're argument isn't valid, but it'd be much appreciated and probably help your argument along if you checked your facts before making a post.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-15-2010, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Check this out man. You're gonna hate to know this, but I have a cool story to tell.

I bought the DDE for the game in February when the game launched. Cause you know, I wanted to play the game. Word.

I then found out that the PRE-Order exclusives weren't exclusive to PRE-orders. That they could be purchased with any box ... anytime ... anywhere.

Word.

I then bought the Collector's Edition. On sale. From amazon! BLING! You know how much extra awesome I got with that? And you know how much less it cost me?

But wait ... there's more!

I didn't have the TOS Enterprise. But I wanted one.

Gamestop ... no really this is the best part ... Gamestop had that jones in the BARGAIN BIN!

Let's just say that the practically paid ME to buy the game. Because I got one month sub time for FREE! Free-dizzle yo! Free time! And that has a 15 dollar value.

And I got this game from the bargain bin cause they couldn't wait to get it out of their store!

So check it ... I paid less for two extra copies of the game than you probably paid for your initial purchase. And then when I think about the 60 days of free game time I got ...

Oh man ...

PRE-ORDER? Pre-order? Nah. Not at all what those items were about yo!

Cool story or what?
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-15-2010, 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
Cool story or what?
Cool story, bro.
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-15-2010, 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGreth
This was predicted a dozen times, happened in CO, happened here. I'm not surprised, neither should you be.
Wait, it happened in CO? What items?
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-15-2010, 12:52 PM
I am fine with this... just so they also make the AGT Enterprise and the other referral rewards C-store items too at some point.