Lt. Commander
# 11
06-15-2010, 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZerothAngel View Post
Wait, it happened in CO? What items?
Clarence. Steampunk uniform items. There was some sort of kerfuffle over them being put on the C-Store? I think?

It's not a direct comparison. But many "similar" arguments were used in the complaint over that move.
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-15-2010, 12:56 PM
Only 3 of those are actually pre-order (Retailer) bonuses. Everything else are exclusives offered for Collector's Editions and for LIFETIME SUB with Champions Online. And of course, nothing I don't already have is on that list. So, basically I just got bent over.

That's it. Cryptic broke their word and frelled me. I will never trust them again. Think you're going to see any of my money when you release Neverwinter Knights or the rumored Forgotten Realms? Yeah, think again!!!

Thank you for showing your true colors in time for me to get on board with other upcoming games. Thank you very much!!!

Lt. Commander
# 13
06-15-2010, 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDiesel17 View Post
I am fine with this... just so they also make the AGT Enterprise and the other referral rewards C-store items too at some point.
Well they're partially there. One of the most common referral rewards is C-Store points. And you can buy them right now.
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-15-2010, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
Cool story or what?
I purchased my DDE for $16.99. Factoring in the free month the game cost me $2.00 and came with all the DDE exclusives: NX registry, Costumes, body armor, defense turret, etc. Buying the c-store items would have cost me more then what I really paid for the game.
Lt. Commander
# 15
06-15-2010, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
Only 3 of those are actually pre-order (Retailer) bonuses. Everything else are exclusives offered for Collector's Editions and for LIFETIME SUB with Champions Online. And of course, nothing I don't already have is on that list. So, basically I just got bent over.

That's it. Cryptic broke their word and frelled me. I will never trust them again. Think you're going to see any of my money when you release Neverwinter Knights or the rumored Forgotten Realms? Yeah, think again!!!

Thank you for showing your true colors in time for me to get on board with other upcoming games. Thank you very much!!!

Their next game might be Neverwinter Nights, but most likely it will be Hogwarts Online.
Lt. Commander
# 16
06-15-2010, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Their next game might be Neverwinter Nights
I hope not. D&D deserves much, much better than this "Point A to Point B" style gameplay. Even Encounters has some variety.
Lt. Commander
# 17
06-15-2010, 01:05 PM
Quote:
Their next game might be Neverwinter Nights, but most likely it will be Hogwarts Online.
At this point, who gives a dreck? Frell Cryptic! They're nothing but a bunch of trelks!

Lt. Commander
# 18
06-15-2010, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kieranloftus View Post
With the new cryptic store mega add-ons all the pre-orderers have been kinda just poo-poo'd on as i got the collectors edition which gave me the tng n' ds9 costumes and the constitution and now there giving them away for about 1300 cp and others got the tos uniform so we all wasted our money for spending /$60/70 on special editions when we could get normal for about /$40 and all the add-ons.
This is what you actually paid for:
Quote:
10 Day Game Time Card (x3)
Combadge (2.25") Die-Cast
Brushed Aluminum Case with 3D Holography
Red Matter Capacitor
Concept Art Book
DS9/TNG Uniforms
Retail Game Disc
Instruction Manual
Assuming this was what you purchased:
http://tagn.files.wordpress.com/2009...e_final_jk.jpg

I have no idea why you think you're being messed over. You have ample stuff. I doubt the individual sale of all those items would be greater than the Collector's Edition.
Lt. Commander
# 19 Targ Poo
06-15-2010, 01:52 PM
All of this raising such a ruckus. What they didn't add:

Chromodymanic Armor
Multi-Spatical Shield
Tr-116 Rifle

Red matter Capacitor
Automated Defence battery (Plasme)
Phaser Satelite
EMH Science Console
Radiometric Converter engineering Console
Neodymium Deflector dish

So, run out and buy more retail copies before these before they go into the C-store.
Lt. Commander
# 20
06-15-2010, 01:57 PM
Honestly, I had no idea when I ordered from Amazon that I was getting an "exclusive" item till it showed up and I looked at the box. I kinda dug that people were coveting my Borg BOff but I'll get over it.

And as for the other thread about the new uniforms breaking immersion...the Alien creator took care of that a looooong time ago.