Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
06-15-2010, 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDiesel17 View Post
I am fine with this... just so they also make the AGT Enterprise and the other referral rewards C-store items too at some point.
I am fine with this, however, where is the Automated Turret for sale on the C-Store?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
06-15-2010, 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommo64 View Post
All of this raising such a ruckus. What they didn't add:

Chromodymanic Armor
Multi-Spatical Shield
Tr-116 Rifle

Red matter Capacitor
Automated Defence battery (Plasme)
Phaser Satelite
EMH Science Console
Radiometric Converter engineering Console
Neodymium Deflector dish

So, run out and buy more retail copies before these before they go into the C-store.
Yeah, and the only things in that list I have are the Multi-Spacial Personal Shield and the Red Matter Capacitor.

Don't bother running out and getting any of it. It will be on the C-Store for a pittance soon enough.

BTW, I had no problem with the pre-order (retail) items going up for grabs. It's the Collector's Edition, Digital Deluxe Edition and Gold Edition stuff I have a problem with. Those and the Lifetime sub exclusive that Cryptic and STO's own devs swore (this question was asked at the Meet & Greet at the ST Convention in Vegas before the game released, I myself asked the question) would never be offered in any other way.

As far as I'm concerned they broke their promise and shat all over everyone who paid extra for those editions. We all pretty much expected the pre-order stuff to appear on the C-Store. But we never expected Cryptic would break with their former stance of Collector's Edition and Lifetime sub exclusives remaining exclusive.

As such I am done supporting them. For all I care Atari can drag them along into the deep dark hole they are circling.

For shame, Jack. You never would have allowed this if Cryptic was still your baby.


Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23 All is not lost . . .
06-15-2010, 03:21 PM
READ THIS ! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shard-Warrior View Post
Might want to read the C-Store page a little more carefully... some items are for all characters on an account, some might be one per character unlocks..
VERY VERY POSSIBLE...the message reads: Note: Purchase of this option unlocks these costumes for every Federation character on an account.

Just like rename and respec, they might need to be purchased multiple times for multiple characters. In ther words, every time you want one you need to buy it. The biggest winner of this would be the "Enterprise" pre-order (i.e. Blue Phasers) becuase at 800 Crptic Points equipping a Tier5 with all blue phasers would cost upwards of 4000 cryptic points.

This should Appease the Pre-Order Bonus people. who will stop crying in their Gagh.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
06-15-2010, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCSlyman View Post
Wah.10char
says the lifer, with the pretty blue forum title so he can rub the noses of the rest of us in it
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
06-15-2010, 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krenn View Post
says the lifer, with the pretty blue forum title so he can rub the noses of the rest of us in it
Sorry, just tired of the cry threads for Caitians, and now they're in, and there's still more crying.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
06-15-2010, 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommo64 View Post
READ THIS ! ! !



VERY VERY POSSIBLE...the message reads: Note: Purchase of this option unlocks these costumes for every Federation character on an account.

Just like rename and respec, they might need to be purchased multiple times for multiple characters. In ther words, every time you want one you need to buy it. The biggest winner of this would be the "Enterprise" pre-order (i.e. Blue Phasers) becuase at 800 Crptic Points equipping a Tier5 with all blue phasers would cost upwards of 4000 cryptic points.

This should Appease the Pre-Order Bonus people. who will stop crying in their Gagh.
Nobody cares about the frelling Connie or any of the rest of the Pre-Order stuff! Can you people not get that through your heads?

It's the Collector's Edition and Lifetime sub stuff we're most ****ed about.

And just so you know...

DS9 and TNG uniforms:
Note: Purchase of this option unlocks these costumes for every Federation character on an account.

Mirror Universe uniforms:
Note: Purchase of this option unlocks these costumes for every Federation character on an account.

NX Registry:
Players can attach this prefix to the title of any of their ships.

Khan and Bloodwine emotes:

Joined Trill:

Note: Purchase of this option unlocks it for every character slot on an account. Joined Trill may be Federation or Klingon Empire Captains.


Those are the items we are upset about.


Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27
06-15-2010, 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCSlyman View Post
Sorry, just tired of the cry threads for Caitians, and now they're in, and there's still more crying.
well, I think everyone here would've been better served if romulans had been added instead, rather than getting a non-canon TAS character.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28
06-15-2010, 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
Those and the Lifetime sub exclusive that Cryptic and STO's own devs swore (this question was asked at the Meet & Greet at the ST Convention in Vegas before the game released, I myself asked the question) would never be offered in any other way.

As far as I'm concerned they broke their promise and shat all over everyone who paid extra for those editions. We all pretty much expected the pre-order stuff to appear on the C-Store. But we never expected Cryptic would break with their former stance of Collector's Edition and Lifetime sub exclusives remaining exclusive.


I've agreed with you in the past blackavaar ( and I use your uniform guide every time I change uniforms ) but I must point this out. where in writing did they swore not to put the collector items on the C-store. ( really If you have the link I would like to see it, it would change my position on this issue ) if it was word of mouth, then it really doesn't mean anything. I'm not sure who answered your question, but since it was not written down it was subject to change.

as for saying that pulled this over everyone. i have to disagree, I expected the collector edition items to be put on the C-store, and I'm willing to bet that there are more people who felt the same way. ( oh and before anyone says I don't have a stake in this, I have three copies total. )

I just don't see how they broke their promise without it being written. if it was word of mouth, then that was subject to change, but if you do have a link to the document that says they wont change it. then that could be a problem.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 29
06-15-2010, 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kieranloftus View Post
With the new cryptic store mega add-ons all the pre-orderers have been kinda just poo-poo'd on as i got the collectors edition which gave me the tng n' ds9 costumes and the constitution and now there giving them away for about 1300 cp and others got the tos uniform so we all wasted our money for spending /$60/70 on special editions when we could get normal for about /$40 and all the add-ons.
OMG are you serious? I never heard about this before you posted this thread...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 30
06-15-2010, 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodi-emish
as for saying that pulled this over everyone. i have to disagree, I expected the collector edition items to be put on the C-store, and I'm willing to bet that there are more people who felt the same way. ( oh and before anyone says I don't have a stake in this, I have three copies total. )
A lot of people have been telling Blackavaar that the CE uniforms would end up in the C-Store since February.

A few people even pointed out that the CE came with exclusive items that can't ever be put into the C-Store. Like the collector's pin and the snazzy special manual with exclusive bonus concept art pages.

Blackavaar seems to devalue these items quite a bit.

But he'd been forewarned this day would come.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:13 AM.