Lt. Commander
# 1 C-store items
06-15-2010, 12:42 PM
Well I wanted to buy a golden tribble for both of my main toons, but I'm finding it is only available once per account. Cryptic, you've got this money making sceme going on here, at least have it setup so you can maximize your profits.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-15-2010, 12:59 PM
Hoe did you come to this conclusion ?
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-15-2010, 12:59 PM
Can't you claim it on the other characters on your account?
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-15-2010, 01:00 PM
So sick of seeing just C-Store updates...."Guess what guys we added more stuff but its more money!!!".
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-15-2010, 01:17 PM
Once you buy an item (Gold Tribble/ Borg BO/ Conny) on one character it will be unlocked for him on all c-store pages.

However on other characters they are only free to claim under "Special Unlocks", if you try to get them off the "Featured" page it will charge you again.

It's probably a bug.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-15-2010, 01:24 PM
About the Gold Tribble, is it any different than the ones I'm constantly finding and already shooting out airlocks by the bucketfuls? Does it do something different than all the others that are already in game?
Lt. Commander
# 7 Teo Cents worth...
06-15-2010, 01:54 PM
Cryptic,

A few thoughts on your new C-store items. I think you guys have been busy and the c-store is really improving. I look forward to purchasing many of the new items in the months ahead. that said, I do have a few concerns.

1) Many of the new purchases seem like benefits from the "pre-order Star Trek packages" that many loyal fans bought. The main point of these packages was to be able to play early, but depending who you bought the package from allowed you to receive different speciality items. All to say, as glad as I am to be able to purchase a borg bridge officer, which I could not before, I also feel the speciality of the pre-order is wearing off.

Maybe that was the plan, but I think it would be nifty to treat the pre-order fans like the lifetime subscription fans, giving then small rewards here and there.

2) Continuing of point 1), I think it would be nifty to have one costume, one ship class, the badge, etc, etc that only lifetime members can get, and maybe the same with pre-order fans, only with their own categories. This keeps in with having special privileges for various commitment levels.

On another note...

3) C-store should come out with the "enterprise" series costumes (Archer and the crew).
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-15-2010, 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by japax
About the Gold Tribble, is it any different than the ones I'm constantly finding and already shooting out airlocks by the bucketfuls? Does it do something different than all the others that are already in game?
Normal 'Tribbles' simply do a one time heal of 40% of hit points, with no additional benefits. The 'Rivera' Tribble is the only triple buf Tribble, giving a 'Defense' Buff, a 'Damage' Buff and a 'Regeneration' Buff that has a 1 hour duration, but does not have the 40% instant heal...
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-15-2010, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grouchy.Otaku
Normal 'Tribbles' simply do a one time heal of 40% of hit points, with no additional benefits. The 'Rivera' Tribble is the only triple buf Tribble, giving a 'Defense' Buff, a 'Damage' Buff and a 'Regeneration' Buff that has a 1 hour duration, but does not have the 40% instant heal...
Who needs a 40% heal with a massive, game breaking 0.01hp/s health regen?!
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-15-2010, 03:01 PM
By one-time-only do you mean that the first time you pet it you get the buff and from thereafter you never do?

Or that you only get the buff if you don't currently have it (ie.. you can't 'stack' them)