Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
Dear Cryptic:

I imagine (hope) I'm not alone here, but I purchased several different copies of the game and other items in order to unlock as many of the bonus features as possible. If 2 months later all that is available to everyone else then what was the point of limited edition releases? Will there be some sort of restitution (other unlocks) for those of us that took "limited" to not have such a finite time period of meaningfulness?

I'm a big fan of this game and all, I feel like you're specifically targeting those of us that did our best to make launch successful and giving us the big middle finger while cashing our checks.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
06-15-2010, 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albinonewt View Post
Dear Cryptic:

I imagine (hope) I'm not alone here, but I purchased several different copies of the game and other items in order to unlock as many of the bonus features as possible. If 2 months later all that is available to everyone else then what was the point of limited edition releases? Will there be some sort of restitution (other unlocks) for those of us that took "limited" to not have such a finite time period of meaningfulness?

I'm a big fan of this game and all, I feel like you're specifically targeting those of us that did our best to make launch successful and giving us the big middle finger while cashing our checks.

I only got a few words to say to you man on that subject. That was your choice to spend that money. it is their game they can do what they want with it you don't like it then don't play it. Just don't fill up their forums with your complains.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
06-15-2010, 06:51 PM
What about those of us who have already bought them? well, for starters we don't have to buy them now.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
06-15-2010, 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cormoran View Post
What about those of us who have already bought them? well, for starters we don't have to buy them now.
right on. but those elitist pigs want everyone else to spend the same amount of money they did whether they can afford to or not or at least enjoy them rubbing their specials in our faces.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
06-15-2010, 07:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albinonewt View Post
Dear Cryptic:

I imagine (hope) I'm not alone here, but I purchased several different copies of the game and other items in order to unlock as many of the bonus features as possible. If 2 months later all that is available to everyone else then what was the point of limited edition releases? Will there be some sort of restitution (other unlocks) for those of us that took "limited" to not have such a finite time period of meaningfulness?

I'm a big fan of this game and all, I feel like you're specifically targeting those of us that did our best to make launch successful and giving us the big middle finger while cashing our checks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albinonewt View Post
But hey, I'm a professional accountant that does budgeting for Fortune 50 companies, and not a game designer, so what would i know?
Do a cost/benefit analysis that shows how compensation will help subscriber retention, adoption, quality of game experience, revenue growth, you know the drill.

Granted you don't have numbers but you do have access to best practices so you can do a widget scenario.

Throw in a 7-S for fun.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
06-15-2010, 07:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albinonewt View Post
I imagine (hope) I'm not alone here, but I purchased several different copies of the game and other items in order to unlock as many of the bonus features as possible.
You ever heard the one about a fool and his money?
I'm not calling you a fool. Don't even think about it. But on reflection, don't you think it may have been a little foolish to have paid all that money for pixelated items?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
06-15-2010, 08:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekkie1961
You ever heard the one about a fool and his money?
I'm not calling you a fool. Don't even think about it. But on reflection, don't you think it may have been a little foolish to have paid all that money for pixelated items?
Speaking as someone who got multiple preorders? Nope.

I got exactly what I paid for. And I greatly enjoyed them. And you know what? I still like them. I like them a lot.

We didn't lose anything when the C-Store versions went up. I'm glad I've had them all along, I'm glad I still have them now, and I'm not worried that other folks have them too.

My advice? Play your own game, enjoy your own game, and don't worry about other peoples' games. Your life will be happier.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
06-15-2010, 08:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borysthenis
Speaking as someone who got multiple preorders? Nope.

I got exactly what I paid for. And I greatly enjoyed them. And you know what? I still like them. I like them a lot.

We didn't lose anything when the C-Store versions went up. I'm glad I've had them all along, I'm glad I still have them now, and I'm not worried that other folks have them too.

My advice? Play your own game, enjoy your own game, and don't worry about other peoples' games. Your life will be happier.
Well then Sir, you got your monies worth. That's a good thing and you're right. "Don't worry about other people's game."
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
06-15-2010, 10:58 PM
You are not entitled to restitution just because something you already paid for is being offered to others via a different method and/or for a different amount than how you obtained it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
06-15-2010, 11:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MightionNY View Post
You are not entitled to restitution just because something you already paid for is being offered to others via a different method and/or for a different amount than how you obtained it.

nothing else to say to this guy's post but he's said it best. I think this guy's post has put the other's to bed.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:58 PM.