Lt. Commander
# 21
06-15-2010, 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
However, the bonus items were just that, bonuses, or incentives, and they were exclusive for a time. What you paid for when you bought the Champions Online Lifetime Sub, and the Star Trek Online Lifetime Sub were the ability to play those games for the life of the game, and never have to pay for those games again.
Wow. Thank you for responding in a thread. And for posting this. It's been stated similarly by many players/customers, but was dismissed in those discussions because it wasn't coming from someone at Cryptic.

What you say here makes sense. It really does. People are still going to be upset about this issue. There's no way around that. But again, thank you for posting this.

Bonus items are bonus items. The purchase was for the sub. Makes sense to me.
Lt. Commander
# 22
06-15-2010, 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallurgist
Yeah, I understand. Honestly, I don't think exclusives are very wise anyway for exactly those reasons. And I'm not really very upset. It's just what happened with the cstore today is going to factor into my future purchase decisions. Other people may experience hyperbolic discounting, but I don't. I'd rather bide my time and get it at 1% the cost. If you think about it, that's almost exactly the ratio there. 1% the cost. Personally I feel the CO MU uniform is priced too low. It should be maybe 1000 CP, not 280...

I mean seriously, the Gamestop preorder TOS Enterprise is 1000cp and the mirror universe uniform is about a third that... It just seems... odd...
you keep saying 1%. could you give an example of an item that you paid and is now 1% the cost?
Lt. Commander
# 23
06-15-2010, 03:10 PM
Quote:
I understand why you're saying what you are. However, the bonus items were just that, bonuses, or incentives, and they were exclusive for a time. What you paid for when you bought the Champions Online Lifetime Sub, and the Star Trek Online Lifetime Sub were the ability to play those games for the life of the game, and never have to pay for those games again.

You'll be able to play both of those games for years to come, and to me, that's where the value of the Lifetime Sub lies. It's not in the Mirror Universe Uniform perk, the Liberated Borg Species, or any other special perk.

Meanwhile, lots of other players were wanting some of those items, and missed out on the opportunity to get them. We feel that allowing those players the opportunity to get them is a good thing.

Thanks,

Stormshade
I can appreciate that. But if I may ask, if this is the case, why haven't say, the STO Lifetime Borg gone up into the store? They've been exclusive for the same period of time as the MU uniforms (A bit longer when it comes to the huge delay the female MU uniform I use had in being put in)? Just seems odd how one set of player purchases is treated different from another.
Lt. Commander
# 24
06-15-2010, 03:11 PM
Quote:
I understand why you're saying what you are. However, the bonus items were just that, bonuses, or incentives, and they were exclusive for a time. What you paid for when you bought the Champions Online Lifetime Sub, and the Star Trek Online Lifetime Sub were the ability to play those games for the life of the game, and never have to pay for those games again.

You'll be able to play both of those games for years to come, and to me, that's where the value of the Lifetime Sub lies. It's not in the Mirror Universe Uniform perk, the Liberated Borg Species, or any other special perk.

Meanwhile, lots of other players were wanting some of those items, and missed out on the opportunity to get them. We feel that allowing those players the opportunity to get them is a good thing.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Nicely said StormShade. I especially agree and support your last paragraph.
Lt. Commander
# 25
06-15-2010, 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
...Bonus items are bonus items. The purchase was for the sub. Makes sense to me.
Makes sense to me too... now. Six months later. After the fact.

I'm not bitter about the bonus items hitting the C-store, but I will certainly be more cautious about spending extra on items that (as history has demonstrated) might be cheap or free a few months later.
Lt. Commander
# 26
06-15-2010, 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
you keep saying 1%. could you give an example of an item that you paid and is now 1% the cost?
Well, the CO lifetime account was $200, the MU uniform is now roughly equivilent to $3. The only way to have that uniform was by having spent the $200, so ineffect, even though the price went to the CO account, it is essentially a $200 uniform since it was never priced separately from the rest of the CO lifetime package. It's not exactly 1%, sure, ok it's 2-3%. So my estimate was still it's pretty close and a rather mind bogglingly small fraction of the original price that you had to pay to get the uniform.
Lt. Commander
# 27
06-15-2010, 03:15 PM
Quote:
I can complain quite loudly and in a much less civil tone. I have done so in the past.

I'm not pronouncing doom. You must have a problem with reading comprehension.

Sorry I'm not trying to hurt your feelings, but it doesn't take the Hardy Boys to decipher the meaning behind this thread. Yeah...like the 1000 other threads before it, just overstated.
Sorry again, but we all get it.
Lt. Commander
# 28
06-15-2010, 03:17 PM
Quote:
Well, the CO lifetime account was $200, the MU uniform is now roughly equivilent to $3. The only way to have that uniform was by having spent the $200, so ineffect, even though the price went to the CO account, it is essentially a $200 uniform since it was never priced separately from the rest of the CO lifetime package. It's not exactly 1%, sure, ok it's 2-3%. So my estimate was still it's pretty close and a rather mind bogglingly small fraction of the original price that you had to pay to get the uniform.
Wait ... you just said you understood what Stormshade was posting. Part of that was that the money you spent ...the 200 bucks ... was for the subscrption plan.

The item was just a bonus.

So the 200 dollar value isn't tied into the "bonus" item.

That's what Stormshade (and quite a few vocal posters in a different 400 page thread) is getting at.

I don't expect that to change your feeling on this issue. To make you any less upset or frustrated. I totally get why you're upset about it. But to follow the post, and understand what Stormshade is saying, means to grasp (however grudgingly) that he's saying the money you spent wasn't for the bonus item. The bonus item was a free bonus gift given to you for buying the 200 dollar lifetime subscription plan.
Lt. Commander
# 29
06-15-2010, 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
Wait ... you just said you understood what Stormshade was posting. Part of that was that the money you spent ...the 200 bucks ... was for the subscrption plan.

The item was just a bonus.

So the 200 dollar value isn't tied into the "bonus" item.

That's what Stormshade (and quite a few vocal posters in a different 400 page thread) is getting at.

I don't expect that to change your feeling on this issue. To make you any less upset or frustrated. I totally get why you're upset about it. But to follow the post, and understand what Stormshade is saying, means to grasp (however grudgingly) that he's saying the money you spent wasn't for the bonus item. The bonus item was a free bonus gift given to you for buying the 200 dollar lifetime subscription plan.
Great post, it's just tough to make people understand this.
Lt. Commander
# 30
06-15-2010, 03:22 PM
give the same amount of C-points to those that had the items before hand

so if you had the NX-registry before they let everyone have a chance to get it you get the 80 c-points...and so on

this costs cryptic nothing and stops most people getting upset on both sides.

i feel let down that they didnt leave it longer its far to soon to release such items, it wouldnt be an issue if this game was a pure cash shop game.

but its a greed-machine. subscrition, for what? so far most of the things that have been released need extra money to be able to use...

im GLAD i have a lifetime to this game, i love star trek and hope one day this game will be up there with the best.

but so far all this game is only for the true fans, there simple aint enough content and when there is you have to buy half of it all over again.
Closed Thread