Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Catians and the Alien Creator
06-15-2010, 04:20 PM
First and foremost, I love the Caitians and this post is not a grumble at the devs at all, I do agree they are kinda missing a mane, but the over all look is fantastic, and I love it, it even brought me back to playing again for a little bit. The guys responsible for bringing us this content deserve a good pat on the back, thank you!

But, would it be possible, when there's time, and it can be fit in, to add the Caitian species parts to the alien creator type too? Once we've bought the C-Store species, so we can go on building even more diverse species and creatures?

If not immediately, is there a chance these and other C-Store species could be added to the alien creator in the future (After the parts are purchased of course).

Anyway, no complaints from me, I love them, and hopefully many others will agree.
Momo

On the subject of the missing manes and hair, Dstal had this to say in another thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
I posted a reply in a different thread that the issue boils down to this - the caitians use new fancy pants hair tech (as you can see in their beards).

The existing old hairstyles do not look good when put on the new fancy hair Caitians.

So instead of giving you crappy hairstyles, we want to go back and redo our hairstyles to use the new tech. This takes time and will come as soon as we can get them converted, and it will address this issue.
and


Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
one thing to note - you may have noticed the new hair tech used in the caitian beards. The team is planning to go back over all the hair in the game in the future to retrofit the older hair tech to this newer tech. When that is done, you can expect more hair options for the Caitians. There is also plans for more color variations and patterns in a future update.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
06-15-2010, 06:27 PM
I think some are in the works.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
06-15-2010, 06:30 PM
Well I have no intention of even going near them, until they are fixed (i.e. accurate). After the shambles over the pre-order and CO lifetime perks, I'd wait until they were compelted. No idea how long it could take.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
06-15-2010, 06:31 PM
On the plus side, when they do get them 'right', no problem...one trip to the tailor and ready to go.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
06-15-2010, 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatherfungus View Post
On the plus side, when they do get them 'right', no problem...one trip to the tailor and ready to go.
In the mean we have a cat race, that isn't Caitian in apperance. Well the females ones anyway. Plus the traits are completely wrong for the species.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
06-15-2010, 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dryan
Well I have no intention of even going near them, until they are fixed (i.e. accurate). After the shambles over the pre-order and CO lifetime perks, I'd wait until they were compelted. No idea how long it could take.
If you read dstahl's posts then you'd know why they held off on them having hair. The reason is because they are working on a new graphic mechanic for the hair itself and once they have completed that and updated the rest of the styles the Caitians will be updated, so probably Season 2.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
06-15-2010, 06:42 PM
I support diversity in the alien editor.

I also support removing the 45 second post timer.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
06-15-2010, 06:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivar View Post
If you read dstahl's posts then you'd know why they held off on them having hair. The reason is because they are working on a new graphic mechanic for the hair itself and once they have completed that and updated the rest of the styles the Caitians will be updated, so probably Season 2.
That is an excuse not a reason. People wouldn't have been happy if they had released Vulcans without pointy ears, simply because they hadn't finished the model. What is currently there, is not Caitian. Even adding the hair later, doesn't fix the inaccurate trailts.

They've done a great job on what modeling they've done, but that doesn't mean branding a cat race as Caitian when its not is accetable to fans of the species.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
06-15-2010, 06:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dryan
That is an excuse not a reason. People wouldn't have been happy if they had released Vulcans without pointy ears, simply because they hadn't finished the model. What is currently there, is not Caitian. Even adding the hair later, doesn't fix the inaccurate trailts.

They've done a great job on what modeling they've done, but that doesn't mean branding a cat race as Caitian when its not is accetable to fans of the species.
Is that whining I hear?

Cryptic gave you a cat. Now you're nitpicking the fact it isn't EXACTLY what you personally wanted. Cryptic said they were going to fix the hair as soon as they are able, and you're nitpicking that they didn't hold off on releasing the cats until they had hair, yet if they had done that, then you would have been whining that they were taking too long to release the cats.

Stop whining.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
06-15-2010, 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dryan
That is an excuse not a reason. People wouldn't have been happy if they had released Vulcans without pointy ears, simply because they hadn't finished the model. What is currently there, is not Caitian. Even adding the hair later, doesn't fix the inaccurate trailts.

They've done a great job on what modeling they've done, but that doesn't mean branding a cat race as Caitian when its not is accetable to fans of the species.
There's never been a canon Caitain show which had a mane. It's only the non-canon TAS where you ever see one with a mane. Persoanlly I hope they never get the mane so they can stay consistant with the true canon.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:04 AM.