Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
06-15-2010, 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dryan
Well I have no intention of even going near them, until they are fixed (i.e. accurate). After the shambles over the pre-order and CO lifetime perks, I'd wait until they were compelted. No idea how long it could take.
I couldn't agree more with this statement. this is horrible. I'd say I'm surprised, but I'm really not. I sort of expected that Cryptic's art and modeling team would screw the pooch on this. here's a hint for you:

They are a Feline race COVERED IN FUR!! The hair on them sucks. it looks more like a paint job over a flat skinned body than an animal race with fur. Hell you might as well gave us that hairless cat as the model. And there's no manes what so ever. you can't even choose one. And don't get me started on the tails.

who the heck do you guys have working on your modeling team, a bunch of 6th graders? no scratch that, a 6th grader would have at least made them look like a fur covered animal. maybe 2nd graders. Definitely you got some no tallent hack passing as your character modeling team. you can't sit there in your office and tell us you kept pushing them back for good reason when you deliver us a hunk of garbage.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
06-15-2010, 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dryan
That is an excuse not a reason. People wouldn't have been happy if they had released Vulcans without pointy ears, simply because they hadn't finished the model. What is currently there, is not Caitian. Even adding the hair later, doesn't fix the inaccurate trailts.

They've done a great job on what modeling they've done, but that doesn't mean branding a cat race as Caitian when its not is accetable to fans of the species.
The lacking character traits do not translate to it being 'broken' as a species, and if they somehow do then Cryptic will say so and fix it in the future.

They stated why the races doesn't have any hair options, and it's a pretty good reason considering it involves every character in the game, and given that people have been clamoring for the Caitians since before the closed beta, I think that they did a pretty good job with them. Especially because everything about the Caitians is unique and had to be created from scratch just for them including a special mechanic for the tail.

What we got is fine for now.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
06-15-2010, 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivar View Post
The lacking character traits do not translate to it being 'broken' as a species, and if they somehow do then Cryptic will say so and fix it in the future.

They stated why the races doesn't have any hair options, and it's a pretty good reason considering it involves every character in the game, and given that people have been clamoring for the Caitians since before the closed beta, I think that they did a pretty good job with them. Especially because everything about the Caitians is unique and had to be created from scratch just for them including a special mechanic for the tail.

What we got is fine for now.
So basicaly a race that isn't accurate can just be sold off as Caitiain. Sorry, but no. They aren't Caitains.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
06-15-2010, 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dryan
So basicaly a race that isn't accurate can just be sold off as a Catiain. Sorry, but no. They aren't Caitains.
According to CBS, they are. CBS holds the master creative license for all things Star Trek. Care to go argue it with them?

Paramount Pictures was responsible for the movies, and they hold the creative license for the Star Trek movies. The movies were the only live-action source that ever featured the cats, and they did NOT have a mane or think fur. Care to argue it with them?



The fact is, no matter how you try to dice it, you're going to lose your argument. Paramount and CBS, the two authorities on all things Star Trek, have declared that what we have is accurate. If you don't like it, then you need to just shut up, because you are only arguing AGAINST established Star Trek canon.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
06-15-2010, 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dryan
So basicaly a race that isn't accurate can just be sold off as Caitiain. Sorry, but no. They aren't Caitains.
I don't see them as non-Caitian, simply by the traits. We never got to see M'Ress in action. That dancer in ST V seemed to have a good range pounce, though. It's just the hair. Which is coming.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
06-15-2010, 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulif_Davis
According to CBS, they are. CBS holds the master creative license for all things Star Trek. Care to go argue it with them?

Paramount Pictures was responsible for the movies, and they hold the creative license for the Star Trek movies. The movies were the only live-action source that ever featured the cats, and they did NOT have a mane or think fur. Care to argue it with them?



The fact is, no matter how you try to dice it, you're going to lose your argument. Paramount and CBS, the two authorities on all things Star Trek, have declared that what we have is accurate. If you don't like it, then you need to just shut up, because you are only arguing AGAINST established Star Trek canon.
According to CBS they aren't, otherwise Cryptic wouldn't be still working on them. Like everything they seem to touch, they've been released early to bring in some $.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
06-15-2010, 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dryan
So basicaly a race that isn't accurate can just be sold off as Caitiain. Sorry, but no. They aren't Caitains.
Alright, what are they missing that makes them not Caitians?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
06-15-2010, 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulif_Davis
If you don't like it, then you need to just shut up, because you are only arguing AGAINST established Star Trek canon.
Game world isn't canon, by the way.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
06-15-2010, 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivar View Post
Alright, I'm probably going to regret asking this, but what are they missing that makes them not Caitians?
The mane, for the females. Also the species is peaceful and science orientated, where the trailts don't reflect this.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
06-15-2010, 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dryan
Accoreding to CBS they aren't, otherwise Cryptic wouldn't be still working on them. Like everything they seem to touch, they've been released early to bring in some $.
Or they released it when they did because people have been screaming for them since pre-closed beta, and they have had to keep on pushing them back because of issues with the mechanics that are there specially for them. Cryptic is only still working on them because they are updating an entire graphic mechanic, otherwise they would have gotten the same hair options every other character has and that would have been the end of it.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:55 PM.