Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Lt. Commander
Can we see the rest of the Pre-order items added to this list?
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=161782
Quote:
•Deep Space 9 and TNG Series Uniforms
•The Original Series Uniforms
•Mirror Universe Uniforms
•The Ability to use NX as the prefix for your ship registry
•Tier 1 TOS Enterprise ship
•Federation/Klingon Faction Borg Bridge Officer
•Bloodwine Toast Emote
•Khan!! Emote
•Joined Trill Species (unlocks for both factions)
•Klingon Targ Pet
•Unique Tribble Pet
Red Matter Capacitor--A unique item that charges up and delivers extra energy to all of your ship’s equipment for a short time. A device that, when used, gives you a small bump in energy, has a long recharge.

Automated Defense Battery--This Tactical Module grants any ship a passive 360-degree attack power with a short range. 45 Plasma damage every 3 Seconds

Multi-Spatial Personal Shield--This advanced personal shield system is based on Borg technology, which constantly regenerates itself and the health of its wearer. Features include 10% bonus to healing abilities used on you, +.2 Health Regeneration, 155 Maximum Shield Capacity, +310% Shield Regeneration

Chromodynamic Armor--Features include: 6.1% Physical Resistance, 6.1% Kinetic Resistance, 2.6% Energy Resistance ,+15% Critical Damage, +5% Critical Chance ,+3% Energy Damage

Neodymium Deflector Dish--An in-game item grants a bonus to Auxiliary power, boosts maneuverability, and increases the effectiveness of a ship's Science abilities.

The TR-116 Ground Rifle--Regular Shot: 19 Kinetic Damage, Sniper Shot: 128 Kinetic Damage with 66% Knockback (Sniper Shot doesn't require line of sight)

500 Additional Skill Points--Extra skill points to assign your Captain.

Starfleet Shuttlecraft--The Type-8 shuttle is standard equipment for most Federation starships and starbases. A short-range auxiliary vehicle used for personnel transport and small cargos, shuttlecraft have limited warp capacity. They are unarmed and have minimal shields.

Radiometric Converter--This starship Engineering Console Mod absorbs theta radiation from incoming attacks and sends the energy directly to your EPS conduits to increase your ships power levels.

Light Phaser Satellite Turret – This Tactical Station Mod allows you to deploy a small space phaser turret.
Additional Info-- Scales with Level, Screenshot:http://www.technocrew.net/main.php?g...serialNumber=2

So how is Cryptic going to make these game-impacting items earnable in-game? The Borg Bridge Officer is about the equivalent of a efficient Saurian so it's probably the best BO in the game trait wise. The TOS Enterprise ship comes with Beams that scale with level, so no reason to buy any new ones.
Is adding any these exclusive items a good idea? Anything in the future labeled as "exclusive", "unique" or "time-limited" won't mean squat as people will know it will eventually go onto the C-Store for probably a much cheaper price. If Cryptic does decide to add these, all items should go onto the C-Store at the same time, or none at all.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-09-2010, 01:27 PM
It's a horrible idea. There are some folks who invested significant time and money purchasing many copies of the game in order to receive those items for the sake of exclusivity.

If the items provided from Pre-Order copies, Collector's Edition, or Refer a Friend Promotions, are available from C-Store, then the "Pre-Order" life-time subscribers' precious little Liberated Borg should be available via C-Store as well.

By the way, I never saw "Radiometric Converter" before. Pretty cool.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-09-2010, 04:02 PM
/support!!
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-09-2010, 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monopolist
It's a horrible idea. There are some folks who invested significant time and money purchasing many copies of the game in order to receive those items for the sake of exclusivity.

If the items provided from Pre-Order copies, Collector's Edition, or Refer a Friend Promotions, are available from C-Store, then the "Pre-Order" life-time subscribers' precious little Liberated Borg should be available via C-Store as well.

By the way, I never saw "Radiometric Converter" before. Pretty cool.
Why those people bought so many copies of the game is not relevant to the actual sale, that´s just their personal motive for doing so. And i think that´s part of the apocalyptic forum rage going on, people made up their own contracts in their heads and are understandably p....ed that reality and thus cryptic does not conform.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-09-2010, 06:20 PM
I would like to buy the Borg-Tribble, the playable Borg, the Trill, ships...or something like that too in the C-Store, but I also see the Problem of those who bought the game mutliple times... But I think, there would be a Way to make it fair... Give them some Extra-Play-Time for every code or something like that... I hated the Del Tacco spezial... I´m in Germany, without a Del Taco, so I couldn't get that code... I think you would have bought it in the C-Store
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-10-2010, 02:56 AM
How are these items any less UNIQUE?

I don't follow that.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-10-2010, 03:34 AM
That why you buy one copy of the game like normal people and wait for the rest to hit the C-Store like every other MMO
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-10-2010, 04:14 AM
One of the pre-order bonuses was 500 Cryptic Points. I hope they put THAT on the C-store, for like...250cp

Lt. Commander
# 9
06-10-2010, 04:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cygnus-X-1
One of the pre-order bonuses was 500 Cryptic Points. I hope they put THAT on the C-store, for like...250cp

Hahahaha good one. =P
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-10-2010, 04:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cygnus-X-1

Yeah, i would sooooooooo buy it.