Lt. Commander
# 1 Caitian Question
06-15-2010, 09:50 PM
Not sure if this is the right area...Please forgive my ignorance.

Just rolled the new Caitian class and noticed that the class doesn't have access to Techie, Warp Theorist or Astrophysicist traits as an option.

Is this intended ?
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-17-2010, 07:03 AM
having looked through it myself, I can honestly tell you that I wouldn't even WANT them to have those skills, they're a ground combat race like Gorn and Lethean and Andorians and Vulcans and Bolians (who have a species ability that only applies to gorn who have taken the OPTIONAL "bite" skill and nothing else, and is therefore basically a completely wasted racial trait)

I'd say Caitians are probably closest matched to Letheans, but the lethean abilities are psychic while the caitian abilities are physical. So, even though I'm not a dev, not a beta tester, and have no authority, I'd say that it was intentional and will serve to get people more interested in ground PvP so they can get more feedback on ground PvP and balance it so it's not retarded. Right now, ground PvP is overrun with feds who can 1-shot everything they see, and klingon engineers who can ignore them and try to kill them with bare hands. If that sounds like fun, hop to it. As for me, I'll be doing something that's actually fun.