Lt. Commander
# 1 Space Traits on BOs
06-15-2010, 10:49 PM
I think it is really odd to note that the uncommon Saurian BO was sometimes given the efficient space trait when the reality of it is Saurians do not have access to this trait!

I am wondering why some were given this trait and other space traits are not available to BO? I would propse that one of the regular traits on a Very Rare BO have a chance at having a space trait. Excluded in this would be Humans that naturally come with Leadership +15% to repairs.

I would further propose that there be a chance that you could get a Joined Trill BO. This would be offered to both Fed and Klingons. A Trill BO would have the chance to have a symbiote and therefore gain the trait.

The traits for the BO should not match a captains so I would suggest that instead of +10 like on captains it be +5 on BO. This would be for the traits Accurate, Astrophysicist (not available to Saurian or Lethean,) Techie, Warp Theorist (not available to Lethean) and Elusive (not available to Bajoran, Betazoid, Ferengi, Vulcan Klingon or Nausican.) Joined Symbiote would be downgraded to +1 to weapons, warp core and engineering with +3 to starship ops.

Efficient should be limited to Aliens, Lethean, (Saurian that have it already) and Borg BO. Since as of current we are awarded 5 very rare BO and will likely see only one or two more as leveling rewards if they keep with the patern of previous levels (6 are rewarded per rank.) But it will be interesting to see how the random BO stores work and other methods of accuiring and/or modifying BO come to pass.

My reason for suggesting this is based on the concept that you would try and build your crew around you, thier strengths to support your weeknesses. As we've seen Saurians can not be Efficient Captains, some how the BO can but since I was not efficiant I would likely look for a BO that was! This holds true to the other Space traits, I can only pick 4 traits and I need to be effective on the ground as in space. Give me a chance to improve my space skills through my BOs.

**Note I did not research the Packled, Tellerite or the new Caitian skills as I have not baught them from the C-store so if someone could let me know if they don't have access to certain traits.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-16-2010, 06:53 AM
There was some talk a month or so ago regarding space traits on BOs. If memory serves, the Devs said they are planning on incorporating them eventually, but I don't recall any specifics about which patch we might be able to expect them in.

I do agree with you. Right now, other than the Efficient Saurians (and Liberated Borgs, if you've got access to them), the only reason to go for rare or very rare BOs is for your away team. I'd like to see some space traits added myself.

Maybe that'll come when we get the option to transfer BOs?
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-25-2010, 07:18 AM
Any new feedback?
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-25-2010, 11:21 AM
Not that I've noticed.