Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
06-16-2010, 01:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
You guys realize that 2.0 is bringing 6 new levels. A new ship or set of T5 ships. Orion Female outfits. The Breen. A new sector. Possibly some Iconians. Ship Interiors.

The C-Store kerfuffle of the past few days will be a distant memory once all the new content gets pushed out.

6 new levels. That's a big step forward for a game that's dying?
It's 19 actually, according to dstahl's Engineering Report (which is going to be fairly accurate if the external build comes out in a couple weeks).
8 New Klingon Episodes
5 New Sector Block Episodes (Levels 46-51)
1 New Level 53 Fleet Action
4 New non-combat, diplomatic missions
1 New Weekly Mission
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
06-16-2010, 01:45 AM
It's not if I have to count that one faction will profit from it most.
What Cryptic done yesterday is a serious offense for the customers how prordered the game.

Can't wait to see the Galaxy X in C-Store for 1500+ C-points
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
06-16-2010, 01:50 AM
i enjoy the game as much as i ever have. cant wait for season 2
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
06-16-2010, 01:52 AM
Funny how people assume this is just a cash grab and seems to not even think aobut the fact that A LOT of people actually wanted this, thas even the reason the devs have stated for opening up pre-order items on the C-Store.

Offense to pre-order customers? Hardly, you paid no more than anyone else who bought the retail version, you got access to the Open Beta, headstart and a "free" in game trinket or two.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
06-16-2010, 01:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawks View Post
It's not if I have to count that one faction will profit from it most.
It is, if you do the math:
Klingon Unique:
8 New Klingon Episodes
Federation Unique:
4 New non-combat, diplomatic missions
Faction Agnostic:
5 New Sector Block Episodes (designed for levels 46-51)
1 New Level 53 Fleet Action
1 New Weekly Mission
I know you'll "believe it when you see it" but that makes for 15 new missions for Klingons and 11 new missions for the Federation players. I'm not sure how that's insignificant or a sign of a game in its death throes.

This excludes minigames (not missions but definitely content) and exploration content (though we will see first contact missions too).

EDIT: TO CLARIFY - I believe Klingons need more content. This post is only created to illustrate that's it's not all Klingons for Season 2. By all means, Klingons should be fleshed out. He says "it's not" and I say "it is" regarding the balance of content for Season 2.

I wish I didn't need disclaimers but some users found difficulty reading what I wrote.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
06-16-2010, 01:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
It's 19 actually, according to dstahl's Engineering Report (which is going to be fairly accurate if the external build comes out in a couple weeks).
8 New Klingon Episodes
5 New Sector Block Episodes (Levels 46-51)
1 New Level 53 Fleet Action
4 New non-combat, diplomatic missions
1 New Weekly Mission
I believe the 6 levels referred to in your quote are character levels, as in 46-51.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
06-16-2010, 01:58 AM
For me,end game sound as real End of Game.
But I like STO,enjoying in different roles .
And waiting Romulans .
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
06-16-2010, 01:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyonas View Post
I believe the 6 levels referred to in your quote are character levels, as in 46-51.
No, no. You misread.

Those 5 missions are designed for the new Level 46-51 Sector Block in Season 2. THat's whyI called them 5 New Sector Block Missions (the levels 46-51 was to denote the designed play-level in the new sector block).
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
06-16-2010, 01:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCSlyman View Post
Really, the opposite. As time wears on, I write this game off more and more. I'm reserving final judgment for Season 2, though.
I'm in agreement with this mostly. It must be a worrying and potentially exciting time for Cryptic to see if what they're working so hard on is considered good enough to appease people for a time. Content and things to do are badly needed for those who are after a typical MMO experience. I'd be more than a bit surprised if they aren't already working on content beyond Season 2 already.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
06-16-2010, 02:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyonas View Post
I'm in agreement with this mostly. It must be a worrying and potentially exciting time for Cryptic to see if what they're working so hard on is considered good enough to appease people for a time. Content and things to do are badly needed for those who are after a typical MMO experience. I'd be more than a bit surprised if they aren't already working on content beyond Season 2 already.
They are:
  • Weekly Episodes (start Season 2 - allegedly have 1.5 months of weekly content in varying stages of readiness)

  • 2 STFs (Children of Khan and Into the Hive - both were postponed to focus on Klingons, Diplomacy, and Ship Interiors for Season 2. Gozer had done a good portion of the design for Into the Hive before he left, as it is a standalone conclusion to the STF arc he worked on.)
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:48 AM.