Lt. Commander
# 21
06-16-2010, 02:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
Funny how people assume this is just a cash grab and seems to not even think aobut the fact that A LOT of people actually wanted this, thas even the reason the devs have stated for opening up pre-order items on the C-Store.

Offense to pre-order customers? Hardly, you paid no more than anyone else who bought the retail version, you got access to the Open Beta, headstart and a "free" in game trinket or two.
probably because the people that hate cryptic will see anything as a sign that they are greedy, evil and the game is dying.

others see that they are a business, trying to make money in a bad economy and their success is Sto success
Lt. Commander
# 22
06-16-2010, 02:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
You guys realize that 2.0 is bringing 6 new levels. A new ship or set of T5 ships. Orion Female outfits. The Breen. A new sector. Possibly some Iconians. Ship Interiors.

The C-Store kerfuffle of the past few days will be a distant memory once all the new content gets pushed out.

6 new levels. That's a big step forward for a game that's dying?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
No, no. You misread.

Those 5 missions are designed for the new Level 46-51 Sector Block in Season 2. THat's whyI called them 5 New Sector Block Missions (the levels 46-51 was to denote the designed play-level in the new sector block).
I didn't, you did 6 new levels for your character to progress through. 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, and 51. If he was referring to the episodes or missions he would've used those terms. You can 'level' your character anywhere you can gain experience which might be the new episodes / missions but could just as easily be old stuff like Gamma Orionis DSEs or B'Tran etc.
Lt. Commander
# 23
06-16-2010, 02:04 AM
I've taken a very long break, I think I will be returning very soon, I'm holding off till they put the Excelsior in, if it does come.
Lt. Commander
# 24
06-16-2010, 02:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by momiji View Post
I've taken a very long break, I think I will be returning very soon, I'm holding off till they put the Excelsior in, if it does come.
The dreamy Excelsior <3 I hope that despite all that everyone says that it becomes available as a highest tier ship. I've seen people saying that it's tiny with stats listed at just over half the length of the Galaxy class but other places I find online say it's only about 100m shorter. Sure it isn't as tall but it's sleek and streamlined and very capable in a fight.
Lt. Commander
# 25
06-16-2010, 02:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyonas View Post
The dreamy Excelsior <3 I hope that despite all that everyone says that it becomes available as a highest tier ship. I've seen people saying that it's tiny with stats listed at just over half the length of the Galaxy class but other places I find online say it's only about 100m shorter. Sure it isn't as tall but it's sleek and streamlined and very capable in a fight.
There is quite a bit of discussion over the size of the Excelsior, because there are some pretty big differences between the various Excelsior Refits.

http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/ar...lsior-size.htm

A big look into the various size theories is on that link. From 162m all the way up to 467m in variation.
Lt. Commander
# 26
06-16-2010, 02:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by momiji View Post
There is quite a bit of discussion over the size of the Excelsior, because there are some pretty big differences between the various Excelsior Refits.

http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/ar...lsior-size.htm

A big look into the various size theories is on that link. From 162m all the way up to 467m in variation.
I think it's one of the most awesome ships in Star Trek either way

That and the ambassador class
Lt. Commander
# 27
06-16-2010, 03:01 AM
Quote:
I didn't, you did 6 new levels for your character to progress through. 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, and 51. If he was referring to the episodes or missions he would've used those terms. You can 'level' your character anywhere you can gain experience which might be the new episodes / missions but could just as easily be old stuff like Gamma Orionis DSEs or B'Tran etc.
I didn't, actually. Here's the engineering report:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
# Rank up to 51 (Vice Admiral/Lieutenant General)
# - New Captain Power
# - Rank 5 Ship Reward (Special T5 Ship)
# - Mark XI Gear
[...]
# Level 46-51 Sector (FED and KLG)
# - 5 New Episodes
# - New Level 53 Fleet Action
# - New Daily Fleet Actions for Level 51
# - Run STFs at Level 51
Knowledge (and citations) are power!
Lt. Commander
# 28
06-16-2010, 03:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
I didn't, actually. Here's the engineering report:

Knowledge (and citations) are power!
/facepalm

Gah! Read what I said! You are pointing to levels / episodes / missions, I am talking about character progression from the current level cap of 45, up to level 51. You are only right in the way that you're talking about which is not what I was pointing out lol
Lt. Commander
# 29
06-16-2010, 03:34 AM
Quote:
/facepalm

Gah! Read what I said! You are pointing to levels / episodes / missions, I am talking about character progression from the current level cap of 45, up to level 51. You are only right in the way that you're talking about which is not what I was pointing out lol
I didn't include those in the tally.

What are we arguing about?

LOUD NOISES!!!!!!

For reference, there are six new levels in Season 2:
1. 46
2. 47
3. 48
4. 49
5. 50
6. 51
Lt. Commander
# 30
06-16-2010, 03:40 AM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~GM Tiyshen"
Closed Thread