Lt. Commander
# 291
06-22-2010, 10:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cipher_nemo View Post
Oh Archer... why did they select Mr.Quantum Leap for Captain Archer? Every time I watch Enterprise in danger I'm waiting to hear Captain Archer say "oh boy".
He did say "Oh boy" in one episode of Enterprise.
Lt. Commander
# 292
06-22-2010, 11:14 PM
My opinion hasn't changed at all. I still think STO is the best thing ever. Course I may just be easily entertained. I've been playing since beta, been an RA5 for a couple months now and just last week ventured to borg space for the first time. SWEET! Not sure what is up with all the complaints about limited content, six months and I'm still finding new stuff. Granted I don't spend 18 hours a day in game, maybe 2 or 3 tops any given day. So far our fleet has lost 1 player out of over a dozen, but I think he didn't cancel his subscription, just moved to a more PvP focused fleet.

Oh and the MU Mini's... Epic Win!!!
Lt. Commander
# 293
07-19-2010, 12:39 PM
Time for some Necroing to prove how things are progressing with Cryptic and STO even though fanboys don't believe it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cipher_nemo View Post
I'll remember to quote you on this in 2011. We'll see what happens. My guess is that STO goes F2P by then.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicFB
I also don't think Atari will allow it to go F2P before the year is up. At least they will run it for 15 months to over the LTS.
And it is already unfolding...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Stahl
I could easily see STO going into a hybrid model similar to what Lotro is doing. In that model, subscriptions stay as is - but you allow people to play for free but heavily limit what they can do ...
Give it time, STO will go F2P eventually. And the new executive director already mentioned it's possible even though he has no plans for it... yet.

Dan did an audio interview recently, but this was summed up over at massively: http://www.massively.com/2010/07/12/...usiness-model/.

Granted, it's all "rumors" right now from what Dan said, so nothing is official. But the possibility is still out there. And as a reminder, this is not meant to attack Dan. I hope Dan Stahl does a great job in turning around STO. This is meant as an "I told you so" post to the fanboys.
Closed Thread