Lt. Commander
# 21
06-16-2010, 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondCelestalis View Post
It's for the furries, cos in space... gotta have yiff in some form XD
I am going to say this because it needs to be said.1 i am a furry, 2. i want the caitians in game not because i an a furry but becaues i have always thought they were a cool race ever since i first saw M'Ress in STA. which pre date me enter furrydom. 3. The greater portion of furries dont yiff, that is a stereotype (Diamond) and comments made such as the one quoted above are offensive bigotry.
Lt. Commander
# 22
06-16-2010, 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormtiger View Post
I am going to say this because it needs to be said.1 i am a furry, 2. i want the caitians in game not because i an a furry but becaues i have always thought they were a cool race ever since i first saw M'Ress in STA. which pre date me enter furrydom. 3. The greater portion of furries dont yiff, that is a stereotype (Diamond) and comments made such as the one quoted above are offensive bigotry.
Well I quote you on that because I am a furry myself and have been for almost 6 years. It was not meant to be offensive but actually quite the oppersite and was supposed to be amusing. The problem with certain people in the fandom is that they cannot seem to be able to make jokes about themselves and if you can't make fun of yourself, who can you make fun of?

After all, steyrotypes can be fun and quite frankly if some people can't take a joke, then they should stay out of the kitchen.
Lt. Commander
# 23
06-16-2010, 10:22 AM
Quote:
Well I quote you on that because I am a furry myself and have been for almost 6 years. It was not meant to be offensive but actually quite the oppersite and was supposed to be amusing. The problem with certain people in the fandom is that they cannot seem to be able to make jokes about themselves and if you can't make fun of yourself, who can you make fun of?

After all, steyrotypes can be fun and quite frankly if some people can't take a joke, then they should stay out of the kitchen.
Hehehe isn't that "take the heat?"
Lt. Commander
# 24
06-16-2010, 10:32 AM
Quote:

Then i am remiss, and do apologize, Diamond. Im just tire off althese general comments being made about furries and the demand for the caitians being ingame to satisfy the us. and the negative and stereotyped nature of the comments has just rubbed me the wrong way.
Lt. Commander
# 25
06-16-2010, 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormtiger View Post
Then i am remiss, and do apologize, Diamond. Im just tire off althese general comments being made about furries and the demand for the caitians being ingame to satisfy the us. and the negative and stereotyped nature of the comments has just rubbed me the wrong way.
But does it really matter, after all we are just part of one big interstellar community. At the end of the day, the Catians are a cannongorical race so they are perfectly pheasible and I personally do not believe that they are there mearly for fan service. XD

But I apologise if I upset you, my fellow furry
Lt. Commander
# 26
06-16-2010, 11:19 AM
Was there ever a dogtian race? I would like it to look like Brian from the Family Guy or John Candys character from Space Balls the Movie... I do believe in equal rights...
Lt. Commander
# 27
06-16-2010, 11:20 AM
OMG some people, i made a Caitian last night and thats because its a cool race and nothing to do with beeing furry what ever you mean by that in the US (i can guess thou) Btw i think the Caitian is awsome and a really cool caracter to play