Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
06-17-2010, 12:40 AM
I never caught the players name, but in a group of Klingons, he/she was like a midget. Runs and jumps like a maniac but is REALLY REALLY hard to kill..... and somehow I'd always be pitted against this person
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
06-17-2010, 04:43 AM
You tell the good ones from the bad ones.

The bad ones will try frantically to melee spam you and basically do almost nothing else.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
06-17-2010, 04:47 AM
Whats wrong with bath'let fights ? alot better than people bunny hopping around like idiots.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
06-17-2010, 05:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKEV
I never caught the players name, but in a group of Klingons, he/she was like a midget. Runs and jumps like a maniac but is REALLY REALLY hard to kill..... and somehow I'd always be pitted against this person
I hate that *******!
Almost impossible to kill and so short you can't even see him until he jumps in your face.
Runs with a well constructed team too.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
06-17-2010, 05:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
I hate that *******!
Almost impossible to kill and so short you can't even see him until he jumps in your face.
Runs with a well constructed team too.
You know of whom I speak
Its as you say though, also runs with a good team. I even tried rallying my group together and they killed us and none of them went down!!!

I must say, I'm still noobish with the combat (both space and ground). I need to shift my perception of how to cause damage as well as when/how I heal.

So in summary, that midget handing my @ss to me is making me a (hopefully) better player
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
06-17-2010, 08:14 AM
The advantage of bunny hop in ground pvp is that it gives a bonus to dodge.

Stupid, but true.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
06-17-2010, 08:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darksided View Post
The advantage of bunny hop in ground pvp is that it gives a bonus to dodge.

Stupid, but true.
Care to back that up with one shred of documentation or proof? I doubt you can because it's not true. Wrong game.

However, sprinting and rolling do give bonuses. You can read all about them on your character sheet's list of passives.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
06-17-2010, 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darksided View Post
The advantage of bunny hop in ground pvp is that it gives a bonus to dodge.

Stupid, but true.
Until Semtuk and Nene retired, they were the best ground pvp engineers. No one could dodge them. I should get an accolade for being weapons malfunctioned + fuse armored by them 1000 times.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
06-17-2010, 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeowww View Post
Until Semtuk and Nene retired, they were the best ground pvp engineers. No one could dodge them. I should get an accolade for being weapons malfunctioned + fuse armored by them 1000 times.
Sad to learn Nene is gone. He was one cool Frenchman who could hold a whole group hostage in a hallway.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
06-17-2010, 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BorrowedTune
Care to back that up with one shred of documentation or proof? I doubt you can because it's not true. Wrong game.

However, sprinting and rolling do give bonuses. You can read all about them on your character sheet's list of passives.
It's a bug, been there forever - one of many that went ignored in ground PvP for months and months. Stand still in Otha and have someone switch teams (another bug unfortunately easily exploited) and shoot at you. You'll notice yourself dodge shots and have damage reduced.

Still worked on Tribble leading up to Season 1.2. Haven't tried since. I gave up ground PvP because the number of bugs and exploits that were unaddressed for months could fill the page. It takes almost no effort to find some serious exploits in PvP war zones - just a bit of creativity and time spent with some friends.

Ever wonder why a Klingon carrier can be in Ker'rat and yet not spawn like everyone else when the countdown completes? Another bug that is easy to exploit.

No I will not explain them on the forums, my bug reports have been submitted on Tribble.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:49 PM.