Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
06-17-2010, 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKEV
You know of whom I speak
Its as you say though, also runs with a good team. I even tried rallying my group together and they killed us and none of them went down!!!

I must say, I'm still noobish with the combat (both space and ground). I need to shift my perception of how to cause damage as well as when/how I heal.

So in summary, that midget handing my @ss to me is making me a (hopefully) better player
You and me both, hopefully.
Lt. Commander
# 22
06-17-2010, 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pairadocks View Post
Cause if you did, even at RA only, I guarantee someone out there can make you blink.
I love ground PVP.

And I die just as fast and as quickly as the next person.

But I'm not afraid of it.

Because I know that the tables can be turned. Circumstances, variable, they can be turned in my favor. And I can kill that opponent fast or easily. It happens. It's part of the thrill and the fun.

I respect many many players. I tip my hat to players with skill.

But I FEAR the crimto, vito'd and phanoians ... because unlike a player character ... on elite, I can't do anything about them that's even remotely effective when that certain instakill cluster comes up. We all know the one. The one that rips through your shields like they're not there. The one with the horribly placed decimal that does too much damage due to the setting change. And the one with 2 lt's and a commander or 2 lt's a commander and a captain.

That's not something I can turn the tables on.

That makes me afraid. Very very afraid if I were Gina Davis.

Fellow player characters just get my respect. Sometimes grudging respect. But respect nonetheless.

On a sidenote ... short, dark skinned, funnily named characters created solely to be "difficult" in ground PVP ... can be tab-targeted ... and fired at. It's just all part of the process. The jumping makes them easier to target.

Lt. Commander
# 23
06-18-2010, 04:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pairadocks View Post
Dekkameron said:

I take it you don't play ground then?
Cause if you did, even at RA only, I guarantee someone out there can make you blink.

Not interested at all if you LIKE ground or not, heh.
If I knew where to send it, I would pay real money to have spaceballs ignore ground PvP threads...
I only do ground pvp on my Klingon Science N'Taram as a full healer. I can generally tank damage indefinitely these days from numerous people. Hence why i do not fear anyone.
Lt. Commander
# 24
06-18-2010, 07:54 AM
Pairadockers..
Very kind -and flattering- of you to even remember me, much less include me with such talent! Yes.. I can think of a few people who make me nervous.. any of the people that regularly group with me and any FS. And, of course, you. I sincerely do not like seeing you on the other side. Really tho.. there are so many.

DKev and Roach.. I might be the one you're talking about.. the midget running and jumping like a maniac and such with a bat'leth. I had no idea I had that effect on people.. well.. aside from the name-calling and such that I receive.. on an almost daily basis. Next time we meet, let me know who you are, since you didnt include toon names, that I saw.. and we can hone our skills together

Also.. you are right that the team I regularly find myself in is full of very skilled players.. Katana/Kiana and alts, Cassidy and alts, Ebola and alts, Lumpa and alts,, and @Crugnac, iirc.. yes, Im naming names... its high time they were mentioned. I ride on their coat tails.. every single match.

Otto.

ps.. I dont make short toons to be "difficult" in pvp. I make them for the comedic effect. For some reason.. theres alot of hate out there for midgets.
Lt. Commander
# 25
06-18-2010, 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bheduwa
Pairadockers..
Very kind -and flattering- of you to even remember me, much less include me with such talent! Yes.. I can think of a few people who make me nervous.. any of the people that regularly group with me and any FS. And, of course, you. I sincerely do not like seeing you on the other side. Really tho.. there are so many.

DKev and Roach.. I might be the one you're talking about.. the midget running and jumping like a maniac and such with a bat'leth. I had no idea I had that effect on people.. well.. aside from the name-calling and such that I receive.. on an almost daily basis. Next time we meet, let me know who you are, since you didnt include toon names, that I saw.. and we can hone our skills together

Also.. you are right that the team I regularly find myself in is full of very skilled players.. Katana/Kiana and alts, Cassidy and alts, Ebola and alts, Lumpa and alts,, and @Crugnac, iirc.. yes, Im naming names... its high time they were mentioned. I ride on their coat tails.. every single match.

Otto.

ps.. I dont make short toons to be "difficult" in pvp. I make them for the comedic effect. For some reason.. theres alot of hate out there for midgets.
It was like being attacked by a very angry keebler elf with wild hair and red skin. Always coming up under my line of sight.
Lt. Commander
# 26
06-18-2010, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Pairadockers..
Hax!

Quote:
any of the people that regularly group with me and any FS.
All haxxors!

Quote:
Katana/Kiana and alts,
Definitely hax!

Quote:
Cassidy and alts,
Hax! Worst of the bunch, IMO.

Quote:
Ebola and alts,