Lt. Commander
# 1 Borg boff
06-16-2010, 04:46 AM
Isn't it supposed to come with unique skills?
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-16-2010, 04:55 AM
You get Efficiency, which is still pretty rare to the best of my knowledge.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-16-2010, 04:58 AM
Unique traits, not unique skills. If you look, it has "Efficiency" or something like that in it's traits. This is not a skill but a stat. Like the traits you pick when making a new captain.

Basically you get +5 efficiency to all four systems when using a Borg BOff. Team that up with a liberated Borg captain or another form of efficient captain and you get a total of +10 efficiency to all four systems. I'm not entirely sure how this efficiency rating translates but in my experiments, it seems to imply that you can have X amount of power drain on the systems before the power levels actually feel it. so if you hve +10 efficiency, you can run two phaser banks simultaneously and the power levels won't feel it. Keep pumping that up on the engineering section of you captain's skills and eventually you can have an enormous number of energy weapons with little impact...

But I may be wrong... I'm only guessing based on casual observation.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-16-2010, 05:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallurgist
Unique traits, not unique skills. If you look, it has "Efficiency" or something like that in it's traits. This is not a skill but a stat. Like the traits you pick when making a new captain.

Basically you get +5 efficiency to all four systems when using a Borg BOff. Team that up with a liberated Borg captain or another form of efficient captain and you get a total of +10 efficiency to all four systems. I'm not entirely sure how this efficiency rating translates but in my experiments, it seems to imply that you can have X amount of power drain on the systems before the power levels actually feel it. so if you hve +10 efficiency, you can run two phaser banks simultaneously and the power levels won't feel it. Keep pumping that up on the engineering section of you captain's skills and eventually you can have an enormous number of energy weapons with little impact...

But I may be wrong... I'm only guessing based on casual observation.
Ok well I have a joined trill tactical captain and a unknown engineer captain both with borg bridge officer and both with efficient trait, but I only see +5 increase to my systems....
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-16-2010, 05:03 AM
nanites and neural blast.

The Nanites helps her shields so she can concentrate shield recharge on your shield on ground missions as well.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-16-2010, 05:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS-Tiberius
Ok well I have a joined trill tactical captain and a unknown engineer captain both with borg bridge officer and both with efficient trait, but I only see +5 increase to my systems....
So does it stack? Because I only see my systems have an extra 5 which I had before I got my borg boff.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-16-2010, 05:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS-Tiberius
So does it stack? Because I only see my systems have an extra 5 which I had before I got my borg boff.
Did you check it on the ship's not the captain's efficiency stats?
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-16-2010, 05:20 AM
She does come with an already trained Emergency power to Shields III (ground), which is awesome in my opinion.
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-16-2010, 05:29 AM
Is this borg boff tailorable?

The borg Sci officer is not, and if this is not tailorable I will not get it.
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-16-2010, 05:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowboy View Post
Is this borg boff tailorable?

The borg Sci officer is not, and if this is not tailorable I will not get it.
Yes. Mine normally wear the TNG show top all black, and the short skirt from the TOS set. The faces can be changed too.